Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
black spring

Asprin Mask + Aloe Vera Gel

Any aspirin will work? I'm thinking about trying this method, but my family only use advil so I dont have any aspirin in my house. I'm gonna go buy it tom. But I"m not sure which kind to buy?

I use Bayer Aspirin .. and u cant take any asprin it has to b uncoated .. ya no how some have that like plastic cap over them well u cant use those they have to b the white ones.

I love the aspirin mask with aloe! It's one of the best things that has helped in reducing my pimples and red marks (though not drastically).

Crushed Zinc added to the mix? Anyone?

Someone on makeupalley.com said she crushed up a zinc tablet into the aspirin & aloe mix. It sounds like a good idea... has anyone tried it or know of any 'scientific' benefit of doing that?

Also, do you all wash your face with cleanser when taking it off or after doing so?

Do you (maybe tone and) moisturize after?

If following with something drying (like Differin gel) shouldn't you moisturize?

Thanks!

;P

Do you put on aloe vera gel first than the aspirin mask or the other way around?

Or do you mean I dissolve the aspirin with aloe vera gel?

Do you put on aloe vera gel first than the aspirin mask or the other way around?

What I do is let the aspirin dissolve enough so that it's pasty (ie. don't add too much water), then I squeeze in some aloe vera from the bottle.

Doing some experimentation with self-made topical vitamin masks etc. and decided to try dissolving some vitamins and applying them to my face (great in theory, no?)

I tried a vitamin with the following ingredients:

• Vitamin B1
  • Vitamin B2
  • Niacinamide
  • Vitamin B6
  • Vitamin B12
  • Folic Acid
  • d-Pantothenic Acid
  • Vitamin C
  • Vitamin E
  • Zinc (sulphate)
  • Copper (cupric sulphate)

And it took a while to dissolve (no means of crushing them, they're rather sturdy) and added only one aspirin to the mix with a bit of water.

It burned kinda. But it felt only as bad as Diacneal (.01% retinaldehyde and 6% glycolic) so maybe it would be tolerable for some? I have sensitive skin. I washed it off after about 2mins... also because I was scared that the bright yellowness might dye my skin (it didn't).

Just thought I would let you all know. I shall report back with modified experiments. Maybe if I mixed with aloe it would be tolerable on my skin. Or less vitamin and more aspirin. We'll see!

It's promising in theory because at least (1) zinc sulphate, (2) copper, and (3) niacinimide have been "proven" to topically help with acne...

Crushed Zinc added to the mix? Anyone?

Someone on makeupalley.com said she crushed up a zinc tablet into the aspirin & aloe mix. It sounds like a good idea... has anyone tried it or know of any 'scientific' benefit of doing that?

Also, do you all wash your face with cleanser when taking it off or after doing so?

Do you (maybe tone and) moisturize after?

If following with something drying (like Differin gel) shouldn't you moisturize?

Thanks!

;P

I think I liked the asperin mask better WITHOUT Aloe....for some reason the Aloe just feels greasy when I wash it off

I just tried out this combination and it rocks!!!!

The aspirin is now sticking to my skin, so there's no more flakiness problem. Cant wait to see the results :)

Full face once a week and spot treatment daily.

Does that sound right? I dont want to irritate my skin more than I have to.

I tried just the water and some coated Ibphrofin(sp?) tablets. Left it on for about 10 mins ( No patience) and then scrubbed kightly in cirlces after adding water to my face, before rinsing it. The red was a bit less noticable, but most of all, my skin discoleration inproved a bunch! It even took some of the redness out of my indentations that were scars.

So, I'm gonna try the aloevera and tablests of Ibphrofin on my face tonight, I'll post tomarrow on it's success or not.

which aloe vera brand did you use and where did you get it from? please let me know because I used FOTE aloe vera and it caused a bad reaction after a while