Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dcman

my accutane journal

just started the log, this is my third week. im taking 60 mg

day 21, week 3

seems like im experiencing the intial breakout, before my treatment, my skin was maybe 1/2 as bad. seems like im breakout out on my forehead. my checks kind of stayed the same except i gained about a big pimple on each side of my face. chin is clear though like its always been. i wish i could post pictures. it seems like those big round pimples that are under the skin have a really hard time going away. one went down only go come back even bigger. i guess you can say im not happy, but im sure there is light at the end of the tunnel. im going off to college in 2 weeks, i'm hoping my skin can improve by then. i'll try to keep up the journal just for my sake even if no one reads it.

I'm on day 20 and i'm experiecing the breakout too...Dont worry man just keep thinking these will be the last zits of your life(hopefully)so dont try to touch them and ask your doctor to do something to heal faster.I'm using benzoyl to make them bigger and to get rid of them faster.

day 23, week 3.

two of my nodular type acne have gone down. my forehead seems like its becoming more clear. i think my face may be getting better. sorry for the lack of elaboration.

day 24, week 4

i really hope this is the initial breakout, my face has been at its worst since i can remember and even maybe the worst in my life. my forehead small whiteheads and postules. my checks got cysts and as some were fading, a few more showed up. its like i get all happy because some are going away than new ones show up. i hope the intial breakout doesn't last much longer. the cyst are big and take forever to go away. im hoping in two weeks i can start seeing some improvements before i go off to college. i just don't feel very out going as I use to be when i was on minocycline. that stuff worked wonders for a while but then after my 8th month or so i got off due to the lack of effectiveness to start accutane. my biggest regret i guess is that i didn't start accutane sooner. i don't feel very confident at my current status, hurry accutane, times not on our side!!!

day 27

I think my forehead is starting to clear up since I really haven't gotten any new pimples there. i think i just got a new cyst on my left cheek which raises the count to 5 on my left check and 1-2 on my right cheek. just over a week ago i had only three cyst which all seem to be fading. dumb new cysts! going to the derm tomorrow for my first month check up.

week 5, doesn't seem like the acne is going away. the cyst really take a long time to clear up. two are almost completely gone but i got a few new ones as well. my forehead got better but still isn't close to clear. hopefully i will see some changes in a week or two.