Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acquitted

who had acne all thru high school?

i was completely clear until the 12th grade.

i was going through family and relationship problems, and fear of not getting accepted into the UC system.

Acne hit, i had random minor breakouts, but all these minor breakout added up. at one point i couldn't make eye contact with someone for more than 2 seconds, i was that ashamed. within 2 months i said something needs to change, and i tried several over the counter products, went to a derm, found retin a and tetrycycline and i havent broken out since.

i started getting acne in the end of 8th grade. slowly got worse till mid 10th grade i went on retin a, i hate moderate acne then. took 9 months to get me down to very mild acne. some of you people are saying things like you are fucked for life just because you have acne going into 11th grade. what is that? first of all, most 16 and 17 year olds throughout the last 50 years have spent their time beating off in their basement and listening to music. not everybody is a superstar before they can buy a pack of cigarettes. chill out, the chances that you are fucked for life like some people on here are really really slim.

i remember the summer of 9th grade was when i frist noticed it. my skin was oily and i stayed with my friend for like a month straight. we would wake up and play games/watch movies. he started commenting on it and i starting to notice it wasnt goingaway.

we would shower like once a week and i always slept on my face and poppped/picked. the truth is, even if i took really good care of my face, none of that stuff mattered. if i was brave enough to sleep with my face in the pillow now i bet it wouldnt hurt one bit. but im afraid to. id give anything to be able to lay my face in my nice cold pillow for a signle night .... ahh i remember it as a child

I started getting acne when I was 15 in the 8th grade. Had it all through high school (being miserable of course) and now going on 27 and still going strong! sad.gif

This s*** has to end sometime.

Ugh... I started developing acne in 6th grade. From middle school to 12th grade & it seems every year... my face gets worse. These have been the worse years of my life & high school is suppose to be your best year... I've been teased.. Never had a girlfriend... no one is really interested in talking with me most likely because of my face.I'm in 12th grade now & I'm 18.. I feel as though I've been cheated with my teen years cause I couldn't have the confidence... I couldn't feel attractive... I couldn't feel like normal teens feel & I'll never get to relive that & that's something I'll feel miserable about for my life. I mean sure... my skin clears when I'm an adult but when I look back... It's like I couldn't really have a good time in my youth... Oh well I'm ranting....

Ugh... I started developing acne in 6th grade. From middle school to 12th grade & it seems every year... my face gets worse. These have been the worse years of my life & high school is suppose to be your best year... I've been teased.. Never had a girlfriend... no one is really interested in talking with me most likely because of my face.I'm in 12th grade now & I'm 18.. I feel as though I've been cheated with my teen years cause I couldn't have the confidence... I couldn't feel attractive... I couldn't feel like normal teens feel & I'll never get to relive that & that's something I'll feel miserable about for my life. I mean sure... my skin clears when I'm an adult but when I look back... It's like I couldn't really have a good time in my youth... Oh well I'm ranting....

Guest Zitro

Probably since I was 10 yrs old ... then got cystic since Middle school ... Now in mid-late 2004 which is 12th grade... I'm starting to clear up with a lot of effort, Benzamycin... and facials (acne surgery)

I had it all 4 years. It was horrible I was so anti-social. To tell you the truth my acne wasn't that bad in high school. I just think other people made a big deal about it.

I've had pimples since I was around 2. I'd get the occasional pimple, and it was because of my chemical sensitivities. I got actual acne when I was in gr. 8. It's never been bad, it's a mild-moderate kind of acne that stems a lot from sensitivities, and hormones. So, unless I avoid every chemical and food on the list that I'm sensitive to, I'll probably be breaking out the rest of my life. Ew.

I had miled to moderate acne beginning in 9th grade.My situation through out HS in regards to acne was an on again off again battle.flares here and there no big deal.Well,I graduate HS at 17 and I was sooooo stupid.I thought ok i'm done with HS the acne problem is in my rear view mirror and i'm hightailin' it to paridise city baby.ernnnnnnnnt.WRONG! Several months after graduating I bust out with the worst harvest of zits you could imagine.Just a total ambush!A year later when I was in the service I had a bad reaction to cammo paint.ARRGGHHHHH!The good thing was that being in the military,your meds are free.ACCUTANE here I come!!!6 months later my skin is cleared up and my acne is under control.Only problem is i'm left with these scars on my temple.The point here is DON'T ever let your guard down when it comes to acne! Don't assume that if you reach a certain age that you have outgrown it and will cease to breakout.I've seen people with flawless skin in high school only to have severe cases later in their late teens,early twenties.DON'T LET YOUR GUARD DOWN!!!!!!!Can't preach that enough.

I'm currently in grade 10, I started getting bad acne around the start of grade 9 hopefully with The Regimen I won't have through the last 2 years of high school with acne eusa_wall.gif

Aww sad.gif

10th grader, no bad acne at all, but it could've been worse had I not acted right away when in 8th grade I got my first pimple.

I think for all kids I think they need to be educated in elementary school, and start treating it right away, the minute they get their first pimple, looking at all my friends around they did so as well and that might be a reason why none of us have acne at all and have almost perfect skin.

My biggest problem is actually the light 3 scars on my face since september that I can cover but I dont know what to do about the three light scars :/

I believe that there's a cure for bad acne, and I just think we have no idea why some people get acne, and some don't, genes play a part, but surely something else as well

Needless to say, while I dont suffer from acne, I had self esteem problems, and now have a life but I think I just may beocme a determalogist or a researcher on acne smile.gif

always had clear skin in middle school, i was considered good looking by the girls, 9th grade i had a mild acne, but benzaclin took care of that, i flirted with a lot of girls and had a high self esteem.

10th grade was great at the beginning , still had a high self esteem ,but then i went to the derm to get something different than benzaclin. they gave me some retin a . i almost got clear on that , but all of the sudden i started breaking out around christmas time. i lost all my self esteem , and never went anywhere but school. i got on accutane in march of 03, and had a problem with suicidal thoughts . i continued on accutane till about sept of this year, and i was clear from about the 4th month on. i got some of my self esteem back , but my mild scars caused from the inititial breakout have lowered it , and all the time of having acne also didnt help.

now im a junior, i dont really have any acne , a few here and there . i still dont have a high self esteem , i have trouble getting girls , when before it was so easy for me. im back on accutane though because i dont even want a little acne.

i just wish i could go back to how i used to be, life was so much easier when i didnt have bad skin.

Im an african american college student...and i think ive got everyone beat, ive had acne ever since the later part of my second grade year....it started out as a pimple on my nose that just would not go away then it spread all over my forehead like a huge patch of pimples by the later part of third grade.....i couldnt go to a dermatologist because my mom could not afford it, and during that time iand STILL TO THIS DAY, insurance companies made you pay out of pocket because they only considered it a "cosmetic condition" when in fact this disease affects you emotionally and mentally as well....believe me i have been on other forums where a member even killed himself because of his acne.......mine is genetic, because my mom started acne too her second grade year and i hoped and prayed the same thing would not happen to me, currently i am a sophmore in college and still battling with acne to this day, so ITS BEEN A LOONNNGGG battle, im fairly new to this site and have started the regimen and so far this has been the only thing to keep me clear for more than a week!!!! eusa_dance.gif .....but im so doubtful because i dont even remember when my skin was clear, and im more used to seeing myself with acne, if the regimen did clear me, i would almost die of a heart attack lol

having acne that long really hurt my esteem, i mean to this day, even though people say im pretty even though i have acne, i cant even look people in their eyes, or i usually walk with my eyes to the ground to try to hide my face...and dont even talk about my dating life lol, i dont DARE approach guys i like....and i am just now dealing with being confident, but the most horrible thing i can say about acne is not the actual marks or scars themselves but the pain that others inflict on you from their ignorance...i mean if people had acne and others supported you, and didnt look at you like you had the plague or respected you, i think many acne sufferers would be able to cope better

i think acne has affected me in my career choices, because i want to be a dermatologist to help others, but right now i am a computer major because i mean i keep thinking to myself "WHO IN THE WORLD WOULD GO TO A DERMATOLOGIST WITH ACNE!!"....and i would also like to have an organization for low income children to treat their acne by dermatologists early on...because i know for me, if i wouldve had one visit maybe my life would have been so much better earlier on and i wouldve developed the skills necessary to be more social, and i would be such a more vibrant outgoing person....lol i am outgoing NOW but not as outgoing as i COULD be.....but i take it one step at a time.....but HAPPY NEW YEARS EVERYONE....lol...my new years resolution is to continue being clear with the regimen*crossing fingers*

I'm in the 11th grade now and i still have acne. It wasnt too bad in the 9th and 10th grade. I was using mostly over the counter stuff. But then then summer between 10th 11th.... AHHHH THE WORSE i have ever had it. So many cysts on my cheeks, it was... BAD. So now im on accutane and its almost gone. Just have to wait out those red marks... And see the damage that acne has done over the last 4 years.

The first time I ever got a spot I was about 13! Little then did I know that was to be the start of a terrible terrible road. I didnt get acne till a couple of months before my 15th birthday. I cant remember how bad it was really. It seemed to come and go back in those days. I remember being 16 and it was really bad at the point, all pustules and papules. I was 16 when I first went to a doctor about it.

I had no acne until the end of my tenth grade year to the end of my 11th grade year. At its peak my face was swollen and I had cysts all over my cheeks. Found out who my true friends were. Went on Accutane my 11th grade year and it cleared up all the way in the summer. I still have scars on my cheeks that depress me a lot and especially when I look at them in bad lightining.

i've had acne since i was 9 or 10 (can't remember which) and still have it! thats primary 6/7 in uk terms im not sure bout USA though. there arent too many signs of it clearing up either...

I had acne since I was 11. It was really bad, cystic acne from the age of 14 to 18. Ive been clear for about 6 - 8 months now but Im still dealing with the scars which are pretty bad. Im now 20.