Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
acquitted

who had acne all thru high school?

i was wondering who had acne all thru high school like i did..i have perfect smooth soft skin in the 9th grade...and then about summer of that year..my face began to break out with horrible red pimples...i visited the dermatologist twice during my high school years...got differein and retin-a..neither 1 worked...i was so depressed in high school..i was a awesome athleth all my life and had to stop playing sports and everything...acne ruined my high school life in a way..but girls still were attracted to me with my acne..thats how i knew i was a good lookin guy

for me... grade 7 to grade 10... horrible in grade 9... died down in grade 10 but it was just lingering... didn't die down, yet, didn't get worse... so i just tried this regime and damnnnnnn... it's clear (almost).

All through High School? HA! I had it from the last year of elementary, through middle school, and all through high school.  Lucky me, eh?  :-s

god u had it in elementary school and middle school...thats unheard of...i never seen a kid like 10 walking around with acne..u sure thats acne that u have or had?

I had it pretty bad in grades 7 through 12 and still suffered from it in college. I'm 22 now, and my skin has been mostly clear only for the last few months, but I still get the occasional pimple.

I had no acne in high school none...

Had perfect skin - people would compliment all of the time on my "beautiful skin," I was the envy of all of my friends...really.

and then mid twenties

Acne hit and hasn't let up since....

now, five years later, I have scars....

I feel like I am being punished for having clear skin in HS (and I still thought I was ugly - little did I know I could get uglier)

I am REALLY depressed can you tell?

I've had acne my entire life. It started in 4th or 5th grade with a huge cyst on the side of my nose where my glasses rested. We lived in Alaska and my mom took me to a derm on the military base. He only prescribed a face wash called Fostex. In retrospect I now realize that early onset acne is a sign of a hormone imbalance. I should have been referred to an endocrinologist but neither I nor my mom knew to ask for it.

I don't remember having more acne after that big cyst until the summer before 7th grade. From there on I had cystic acne all though middle school, all through high school, all through college and through grad school. I was made fun of all the time and consequently have very low self esteem. I went through my entire high school years never raising my hand in class to ask or respond to a single question. I didn't want to draw attention to myself as I knew if the other students disagreed with me they would make fun of my acne. I didn't want to be their next target so I tried to be as invisible as possible. Consequently my grades were not what they could have been (B's and ocassional C's instead of the A's I should have made). I stupidly tried out for drill team but didn't make it. I also tried to get into Keyetts but even though I had enough points I did not get in. I believe my cystic face was the reason.

I went to derm after derm after derm. I had all the conventional and some non-conventional treatments. They did not work for me. In many cases the made my acne worse. Still the doctors never recommended any hormonal testing.

When Accutane finally became available I tried to get on it. I was in GW University health plan, an HMO. They denied me Accutane, said my acne wasn't bad enough. I am convinced this was a cost saving measure for them. I went to a private doctor and paid for the Accutane myself. It was very expensive.

Accutane greatly improved my cystic Acne. My self confidence also improved a little but I still felt inferior. I eventually married and had children. But I still suffer with blackheads and a few acne pimples. Now I take spiro for androgen sensitivity and Levoxil for thyroid disease. I think these help but wish I knew the reason for my acne. My endo says my skin is just very sensitive to androgen as my hormone levels are all normal. I believe there is a better expanation and will keep trying to find it.

Interestingly I just recently found my mothers diary from when she was 20 and 21 (she's 82 now). She did not have acne and had alot (and I mean alot of fun). She had dates every week. I was never asked out on dates. I can't get over the feeling of being robbed. My only hope for freedom from acne is menopause. I hope maybe when the hormones turn off so will the acne. Maybe then I'll become the wild and crazy person I've always wanted to be. But I know I will never get back all I missed. :)({|=

i got mild acne in primary 7 (UK). i was about.. 10 at the time, i had mild acne thru till about 12, then it got a bit worse, lots more red marks and then just be 4 i turned 14 i got some shit bad acne like real bad and trust me ppl, when you get acne that bad, u look back and realise how piss your acne was earlier and how much it effected your life when it was like 6 red marks or sumthing n then you got a horrible breakout that requires u to go on accutane.

the funny thing is, my social life started to kick off when i was 10. it rly was mild acne, and it brought my self confidence right down but i made lots of friends then that have carried on to now. things r rly stepping up now as ive been on accutane for 5 months and am almost spot free, lots of red marks tho. ach well, it'l soon be over :):D:D

I remember getting a zit in fifth grade...and I would get some cysts throughout 6th and 7th....then in 8th it got pretty bad. All through high school its been bad...ESPECIALLY 10th grade when I went on Accutane.....right now I'm going into 11th and my face is clear (I'm finishing on Accutane now) but my face is very red and I have tons of scars. I wont ever know what its like to have clear skin.

NotMyFault....I should have been checked for hormonal imbalance. I've never seen anyone with as bad acne as I have had. I never even went to see a derm till early this year because my parents pretty much denied it was an issue. "Its just part of growing up"

I am 14 right now....I guess I started to have acne right at the end of 6th grade....I got a few red zits so I thought it was nothing.....

BIG MISTAKE!!!!!! ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) ](*,)

By the beginning of seventh grade my face was a fruited plain of ZITS!! Everyone made fun of me and stuff so I started washing my face and stuff and it got a little better but only a little. I always and I mean always had one big red pimple right between my eyes and I felt that people were ALWAYS looking at it. So I tried covering it up with concealer but since back then I was a real tomboy (I was a girl by the way) so I put the concealer on all heavy and bad and I got made fun of even more. It sucked! I'm not a tomboy anymore, lol.

So now.... I am gonna be a freshman now and I am on a anti-biotic called Eerthrymiocin and I am almost clear :D/ ....I feel better....so I have written this post to everyone because:

1) I know how you all feel...I can completely relate to you. All I can say is keep trying keep trying keep trying to get rid of your acne. One day you will find something that work and you will be beautiful with clear clear skin. That will be a day of much rejoicing.

2)I am also gonna say that if people or your "friends" make fun of you because of your acne, forget them. If they make fun of you because of some outside appearance, they are obviously very insecure and need to make fun of others with flaws to make themselves feel better.

I hope this post has made you guys feel better and GODO LUCK to all of you! Send me a PM if you need to talk! Bye now!

I'm in 10th grade, and I've had acne since 5th grade. it got really bad in 9th grade, but it's been worse than everyone else since. I am on Minocycline, and Benzol Peroxide 10% , and i'm pretty clear

My face started to get oily towards the end of 5th grade and I started to breakout in 6th grade. It gradually got worse, especially in 9th and 10th grade. I didn't go see a dermatologist until 10th grade, which was a huge mistake. I kept to myself during most of my high school years, not really participating in too many extracurricular activities. Attending three different high schools just made it more difficult to have a social life. It died down somewhat after, but kept on coming back. I went on Accutane during my freshmen year in college. I am about to start my junior year. I just have one or two pimples every now and then, but red marks from old acne and scars from all the acne from the past 8 or 9 years. I look back now and feel depressed that many people can look back on how great their high school years were and I can't.

Reading all these stories are making me really really sad....infact I feel like crying for myself and for every other acne sufferer out there, for all we've lost, for all the times we've felt so LOW because of our acne, for all the horrible memories of what acne did to our teenage years, and often beyond.

I started getting a few whiteheads in year 6, and of course everyone was telling me they were nothing, part of growing up....they were mostly on my forehead so I grew a fringe to hide them which probably made it worse anyway. It very slowly got worse, I grew up in Norway and moved to Australia when I was 14. When I first got here my acne was still mild. But in years 10/11 it got really bad. I think also because it was such a hard time in my life, I hated my stepdad and I missed my home country terribly and wasnt really fitting in at my school. I tried everything during high school, antibiotics, creams, diane...you name it. Went on Accutane for 6 months after high school which helped but didnt clear me. Now a few years later its been slowly coming back, and at the moment I would call it moderate. I've tried the regimen, the Acne cure, and currently im using retin A (just started it tonight and will give it a good few months).

I just friggin hate it...it has controlled such a big part of my life....and I wonder why we deserve to have this? Like someone else said its not like being overweight because lets be honest, its easier to loose weight then to get rid of acne...and even if you do you're stuck with scars for the rest of your life. I know I should be positive, there are people out there a lot worse off, people being bombed, becoming paralysed, or loosing their loved ones....when I think along those lines I guess Im grateful thats not me, and then the acne doesnt seem AS bad.

I am 22 now and wonder if my acne will ever go away. Or will I be forced to live behind foundation and being scared of showing my 'real' face to every person I meet along the way, always worrying about what my face looks like in the sunlight, or in the lit up parts of a nightclub when you thought you were safe and well hidden?

Sorry I could go on all night!!!

Love to you all...its good to know we're not alone.

Julie.

i was wondering who had acne all thru high school like i did..i have perfect smooth soft skin in the 9th grade...and then about summer of that year..my face began to break out with horrible red pimples...i visited the dermatologist twice during my high school years...got differein and retin-a..neither 1 worked...i was so depressed in high school..i was a awesome athleth all my life and had to stop playing sports and everything...acne ruined my high school life in a way..but girls still were attracted to me with my acne..thats how i knew i was a good lookin guy

I'm going into 11th grade, and my skins not clearing up.

SO, IM PRETTY FvCKED FOR LIFE.

AND STILL DON'T HAVE A GIRLFRIEND CAUSE I'M AN ACNE MAN.

I HAVE ACNE AND I'M AS PALE AS MILK

i had it from grade 6 to grade 13

grade 11 12 was the worst

it looked like i had leporsy

i didn't feel like doing anything, except hiding

I started getting a few pimples in 6th grade. It's been steady increase ever since with only a few months of clearing. I'm 26 now and wondering what the hell is the deal. I've been on the regimen for 1 week. I can see zits drying up and the new ones are not so big and red. Maybe this will work for me.

-----------

I went through my entire high school years never raising my hand in class to ask or respond to a single question. I didn't want to draw attention to myself as I knew if the other students disagreed with me they would make fun of my acne. I didn't want to be their next target so I tried to be as invisible as possible. Consequently my grades were not what they could have been (B's and ocassional C's instead of the A's I should have made). I stupidly tried out for drill team but didn't make it. I also tried to get into Keyetts but even though I had enough points I did not get in. I believe my cystic face was the reason.

--------

Hey... that sounds EXACTLY like my earlier life. Not participating and getting those average grades because I was scared to look at someone in the face while asking for help has came back to bite me in the ass indefinately. Im going to a community college this month, not the highly praised 4-year colleges my other friends are going to. I relate with everything.. well except trying out for the drill team.. :-

I bet I had the worst acne of all. Great skin until I hit the summer of my 16th yr. Then a major breakout of cystic acne. I mean really bad. Mother kept blaming chocolate eating. Back then, in 1972 (yeah, I'm an old gizzer) the acne meds were not very good (no accutane!). All thru my 12th grade I sat on the bench by myself during lunch & breaks. I was the acne king of the school. Even Jerry Lewis called...wanted me to be the poster boy for the acne telethon. So major cycstic acne from 16 to 18, then moderate cystic acne from 19 to mid 20s. Even in my late 20s - earyl 30s had cystic acne flair-ups now & then. In between was a lot of

"regular" acne. Oh yeah, almost forgot...lots of deep acne scars.

Am I lucky, or what? Didn't go on a date until I was 33 yrs old!!!

1982 - collagen, 1985 - dermabrasion. What's next? :-

I'm in 11th grade now but I've had acne since the end of 5th grade. Geesh... When I first broke out in a pimple... I thought that was bad, I wish I knew what I know now because if I had the knowledge I know now... I 've could've prevented scarring and hyperpigmentation... now I wish to have just that one pimple & my even toned skin again!Then as 6th grade came..... middle school.... the start of when looks & appearance matters to everybody! I broke out in lots of pimples... Since I didn't have the internet & didn't have knowledge in acne... I started poping my pimples and it just made it worse with the scars and pigmentation.It got even worse in 7th grade! Strange as it was.... there were some girls that liked me but I never had the guts or the strength to believe they liked me so I never asked them out, I've only had one girlfriend & the thing that hurt when we broke up is that she said that she liked me for my personality,not my appearance,that kinda hurted because I wanted her to like both my apperance & personality.Now 8th to 10th grade.... my pimples calmed down, didn't break out as bad but now I'm in 11th grade... My face is so damaged & scarred & pigmented for fighting all those years it left my face... very uneven & it doesn't look healthy. My acne is over but now I have these scars to remind me & torment me! Hopefully... My last year of High School will be my best... I am hoping I can get my face back to normal by at least my Senior year.... I just have to have one last year in high school with clear skin!!GOD PLEASE! :- .You know what I've noticed since I've had acne.It seemed... more people payed attention to me more when I had clear skin before I broke out!Like before 6th grade when I had clear skin... I can always make friends with everybody... even when I didn't come up to them first, they would come up & start talking to me.Everybody seemed like they wanted to be involved with me... even when I wasn't trying to make friends.It seemed like people treated me better. Now that I broke out... it's like no one notices or acknowledge me! I look at my last picture which is my 5th grade picture! I had flawless skin! I never even appreciated my skin back then.... I never gave it a second thought... Now I wish I could have cherished & enjoyed the time I did with it.