Notifications
Clear all

Clindamycin or Differin

MemberMember
(@henrybar)

Posted : 03/08/2006 1:09 pm

Can anyone tell me which is stronger, clindamycin or differin?

Is there really no difference between 2.5%, 5% and 10% BP? If there isn't why would anyone want 5 or 10 if it just makes you flaky?

What do Retinoids do, and are they good in combination with Clindamycin?

If I were to use BP instead of clindamycin or differin, which one should I choose to replace?

MemberMember
(@henrybar)

Posted : 03/08/2006 7:08 pm

anyone?

MemberMember
(@beowulf-agate)

Posted : 03/08/2006 8:40 pm

Can anyone tell me which is stronger, clindamycin or differin?

Is there really no difference between 2.5%, 5% and 10% BP? If there isn't why would anyone want 5 or 10 if it just makes you flaky?

Clindamycin is stronger I believe and much more effective at controlling surface breakouts. Originally I went on Cleocin/Clindamycin solution and Retin A creme at night, i switched later on to Differin gel 0.1%.

As far as the levels of benzoyl peroxide in a treatment, higher or lower percentages are available for the different responses, where some would be more efficient than others.

If I were to use BP instead of clindamycin or differin, which one should I choose to replace

Depends on your condition. Benzoyl peroxide is not adequate alone to treat severe acne. I would say regarding the type of clindamycin you were prescribed you could use both daily.

MemberMember
(@ksaf)

Posted : 03/09/2006 12:17 am

I'd use a combo of Differin clindamycin and benzoyl peroxide...Differin at night and Benzaclin in the day. I've been doing this and have seen significant results! :D

MemberMember
(@lindagdd)

Posted : 10/28/2013 8:22 am

hi i suggest you try clindamycin I had acne for years & tried so many creams but nothing worked for me and finally Global discount Drug store cured my problem.