Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I got this idea from a previous post that was posted in this forum. :wub:

Here are some of mine:

- i only dry my face with 2-3 Kleenex Tissues.(I hate towels) and usually, a box of Kleenex lasts me about a week.

- i always use a poweder brush to apply or reapply pressed or loose powder. That pad thing they come with collects so much oil, the application doesn't look even and looks caked on.

- if i have dry patches anywhere on my face, i put vasilene or vitamin e on them over night.

- clay masks do wonders for oily skin and big pores

- soaking your pimples/cycts in salty water for about 3 mins helps to get rid of them

If you have any of yours, please share them.

Here are some of mine:

- i only dry my face with 2-3 Kleenex Tissues.(I hate towels) and usually, a box of Kleenex lasts me about a week.

- i always use a poweder brush to apply or reapply pressed or loose powder. That pad thing they come with collects so much oil, the application doesn't look even and looks caked on.

- if i have dry patches anywhere on my face, i put vasilene or vitamin e on them over night.

- soaking your pimples/cycts in salty water for about 3 mins helps to get rid of them

Good idea! Your tips are very helpful too; I get dry spots even though I have oily skin, and I never thought to use vaseline. Where can you find clay masks? I'm always looking for them in stores but never seem to find them.

Anyway, here's mine:

- Once a week, I use hydating peel-off masks. They work beautifully for deep pore cleansing and flaky skin. The only thing is that the masks hurt when you peel them off!

- I use creamy facial cleansers to wash off make-up and face, I find that they don't irritate the skin and actually improve the skin tone.

- Cocoa butter! I love it! I use it right after I wash my face, before I apply my makeup, during the day, whenever. I can't emphasize how great it is; it smoothes out and evens the skin tone, softens your skin, is fine for oily skin, and helps heal marks and scars.

- Remove oil by blotting with regular tissues or with those square oil blotter sheets, and it doesn't disturb my makeup

- Vaseline for my lips; if you have chapped lips, I recommend it. Just get yourself one of those little tubs (I got mine for a dollar at Target)

- Keep hair out of your face and don't touch your face during the day; you'll just add more dirt and bacteria to your face, and it wont help your acne

Here are some of mine:

Good idea! Your tips are very helpful too; I get dry spots even though I have oily skin, and I never thought to use vaseline. Where can you find clay masks? I'm always looking for them in stores but never seem to find them.

Anyway, here's mine:

- Once a week, I use hydating peel-off masks. They work beautifully for deep pore cleansing and flaky skin. The only thing is that the masks hurt when you peel them off!

- I use creamy facial cleansers to wash off make-up and face, I find that they don't irritate the skin and actually improve the skin tone.

- Cocoa butter! I love it! I use it right after I wash my face, before I apply my makeup, during the day, whenever. I can't emphasize how great it is; it smoothes out and evens the skin tone, softens your skin, is fine for oily skin, and helps heal marks and scars.

- Remove oil by blotting with regular tissues or with those square oil blotter sheets, and it doesn't disturb my makeup

- Vaseline for my lips; if you have chapped lips, I recommend it. Just get yourself one of those little tubs (I got mine for a dollar at Target)

- Keep hair out of your face and don't touch your face during the day; you'll just add more dirt and bacteria to your face, and it wont help your acne

yeah, i natually have oily skin as well.(and i'm sure it's going to be become oily once again since i just finished my 2nd course of accutane.)

you can purchase clay masks in some places... at shopper's drug mart or something, they sell Got2be Clay Mask... also Clinuqe sells them... oh and Sephora has a selection of Clay masks as well.

your tips are helpful too!

^ I found that Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask really works for oily skin!! Vaseline is great for lips but so is Bag Balm..it's used to keep cow udders smooth, but believe me its a great lip moisterizer and I also use it on my cuticles occassionally!

^ I found that Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask really works for oily skin!! Vaseline is great for lips but so is Bag Balm..it's used to keep cow udders smooth, but believe me its a great lip moisterizer and I also use it on my cuticles occassionally!

Queen Helene Mint Scrub is really nice too, it has very small exfoliating "grains" in it that don't irritate but make your skin soooo smooth. I use it about once a week.

My favorite face wash is Noxema, works great for removing makeup.

My most important beauty tip; the regimen!

Cocoa butter! I love it! I use it right after I wash my face, before I apply my makeup, during the day, whenever. I can't emphasize how great it is; it smoothes out and evens the skin tone, softens your skin, is fine for oily skin, and helps heal marks and scars.

What kind of cocoa butter? I have the Palmer's kind in the jar...it doesn't clog your pores? INteresting...please let me know. Thansk!

You can use it on your face? I love it as a body lotion, but I can't even use it on my chest or upper back without breaking out.

I agree, the queen helene masque is great for oily skin. When I had oiliness problems (don't anymore due to a change in climate and topicals) I would sleep in it a couple of nights a week and found it really helped.

Cocoa butter! I love it! I use it right after I wash my face, before I apply my makeup, during the day, whenever. I can't emphasize how great it is; it smoothes out and evens the skin tone, softens your skin, is fine for oily skin, and helps heal marks and scars.

What kind of cocoa butter? I have the Palmer's kind in the jar...it doesn't clog your pores? INteresting...please let me know. Thansk!

It doesn't clog my pores. I have palmer also (in the small container). Here's the entire label of the one I use: "Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E: Heals & Softens Rough, Dry Skin. Concentrated Cream, Smoothes Marks, Tones Skin". It's 3.75 oz. But I definitely only put it on after washing my face thoroughly (right after).

You can use it on your face? I love it as a body lotion, but I can't even use it on my chest or upper back without breaking out.

I agree, the queen helene masque is great for oily skin. When I had oiliness problems (don't anymore due to a change in climate and topicals) I would sleep in it a couple of nights a week and found it really helped.

Yeah! I use it on my face all the time. My friend used it for acne scars, and they're barely noticeable now (she's used cocoa butter for a couple years). I used to have a small scar along the line of my jaw from a fireworks accident, and it's gone now. However, if it's made you break out before, maybe you shouldn't try it.

Cocoa Butter is said to have a high pore clogging capabiblity.

http://www.soapnuts.com/noncomo.html

If it works for you, that's awesome, but people should be cautious about it. Also St. Ives has a wicked mineral clay mask. Alot of people on Make Up Alley prefer it to the Queen Helene one. I use it personally, and can say it's really good...and cheap!

Here are some tips I've picked up, mostly for trying to look un-made-up while still wearing makeup:

- the number one tip, which is so obvious and almost impossible for me to follow: don't pick your pimples!

- invest in a $3 concealer brush from the drugstore if you're using powder foundation, like mineral makeup. (This probably works with liquid concealer as well, but I haven't personally tried it.) it makes a huge difference in covering blemishes, and you don't have to cake the rest of your face with makeup.

- if you're feeling unkempt, a quick tweezing of stray eyebrows is a remarkably good instant makeover

- also in terms of eyebrows, pluck from the bottom of the brow rather than the top for a more natural arch

- smile when you apply blush! this way, you'll be putting the blush on the apples of your cheeks, which is where you blush naturally

- spend as little time wearing makeup as possible. your skin will be happier.

Cocoa Butter is said to have a high pore clogging capabiblity.

http://www.soapnuts.com/noncomo.html

If it works for you, that's awesome, but people should be cautious about it. Also St. Ives has a wicked mineral clay mask. Alot of people on Make Up Alley prefer it to the Queen Helene one. I use it personally, and can say it's really good...and cheap!

I agree; I don't think it's for everyone. It works for me, but it might not work for other people. Thanks for putting that in :angel: . I wouldn't want someone to break out using it.

It doesn't clog my pores. I have palmer also (in the small container). Here's the entire label of the one I use: "Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula with Vitamin E: Heals & Softens Rough, Dry Skin. Concentrated Cream, Smoothes Marks, Tones Skin". It's 3.75 oz. But I definitely only put it on after washing my face thoroughly (right after).

Yeah! I use it on my face all the time. My friend used it for acne scars, and they're barely noticeable now (she's used cocoa butter for a couple years). I used to have a small scar along the line of my jaw from a fireworks accident, and it's gone now. However, if it's made you break out before, maybe you shouldn't try it.

That's good that it works for you. I have the same cocoa butter and love it as a body lotion (I get really dry skin), but it's never done anything for scars for me. I've been using it for years and have some scars on my legs that are about that old and it hasn't diminished them at all.

That's good that it works for you. I have the same cocoa butter and love it as a body lotion (I get really dry skin), but it's never done anything for scars for me. I've been using it for years and have some scars on my legs that are about that old and it hasn't diminished them at all.

Well that sucks that it didn't work for you :( . I definitely didn't use it all over my face- only on my jaw years ago because I was self-conscious about the scar (although now I do, as a face lotion). I was lucky that it faded. Maybe it has to do with skin type? I'm carribean, and so is my friend (who used it on her face with no problems). My mom used it on her hand because she had an awful scar from an accident involving large fragments of glass. I did use it to try and fade some marks I had from an accident on my legs, but it didn't work. People are just very different.

I wouldn't recommend it for sensitive skin types; for example, I never get any kind of reaction from lotions (i.e, acne), my skin only gets irritated with topical medications- so my skin can definitely withstand it. And since diets and habits in the carribean are different than here, I would have to take back my recommendation for using it. Thanks p_n.

vaseline on your face? that's a big NO NO! never ever do that.

not on the whole face, smart one, on small dry spots

y the smart ass comment? get over yourself please! it doesn't matter where you put it....vaseline is NOT good for the skin.

y the smart ass comment? get over yourself please! it doesn't matter where you put it....vaseline is NOT good for the skin.

calm down! gosh...

vaseline is hypo-allergenic and non-comedogenic. it won't clog your pores. this is from the label:

"-heals dry skin

-helps protect minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.

-protects skin from wind burn and chapping.

-reduces the appearance of fine, dry lines."

You can put on your body and your face. I use it as a moisturizer (see my regimen thread in the personal regimen logs section)

I have very oily skin normally, but since I've been using the vaseline, my skin doesn't get too oily, until about 5+ hours later.

Hooray for vaseline!!! :dance:

vaseline is hypo-allergenic and non-comedogenic. it won't clog your pores. this is from the label:

"-heals dry skin

You can put on your body and your face. I use it as a moisturizer (see my regimen thread in the personal regimen logs section)

I have very oily skin normally, but since I've been using the vaseline, my skin doesn't get too oily, until about 5+ hours later.

hi =) i have a question.

i have very oily skin... and that's the reason why i don't use moisurizers. i want to start but i'm scared my skin will get even more oily and will brake out more.

Guest Tenshi

i often use a scrub and rotate it every gently on my face with the palms of my hands and not my fingers..i think it does a better job this way..and not so irritating either..u actually concentrate more on the exfoliating and less of the actual scrubbing..

i always pat moisturiser on my face and under my eyes..i use "old lady cream" by Sage which is like a sealant..i dont beleive in eye creams..i think it's fine for the whole face..i never rub it in..always pat..

when buying a concealer i dont go for lightest shade anymore, i buy the same skin colour tone as my face..it actually blends in much better and doesnt look so hollow as it used too..

i always wet my mascara brush under water, wipe with tissue then apply..seems wasteful but always applies more beautifully..

if u use a sponge, it really pays to dampen it first to get a better coverage..i also spray Avene water mist to set makeup aswell as blotting sheets to get that fake porcelain look off and more dewy appearance..

putting heavy mascara on the top of my lashes and leaving the bottom ones bare always opens my eyes up more..then focusing on the outer lash flicking it outwards...i also put eyeliner right in the corners and smudge it a little..getting your eyelashes tinted means u can use less mascara too...

Guest Tenshi

"-heals dry skin

hi =) i have a question.

i have very oily skin... and that's the reason why i don't use moisurizers. i want to start but i'm scared my skin will get even more oily and will brake out more.

i would maybe get the jojoba oil everyone is raving about..after your shower and face is still wet..rub a few drops in between your hands and pat it on your face..it's supposed to clear pores, make skin soft and is non-comodogenic..and it wont be as greasy as a moisturiser..

some good ideas, you guys. i just might try some of them.

i stopped wearing mascara, because it always looked clumpy. i like your idea, tenshi!

another tip is to have a clean mascara wand to go back over lashes and get rid of any clumps after applying. i haven't tried it yet, but it sounded like a good idea to me.

i, i

i always wet my mascara brush under water, wipe with tissue then apply..seems wasteful but always applies more beautifully..

I tried this it really does apply much better , thanks Tenshi , a good makeup tip ! !

first always smile though you have acne or whatever

then dont make up heavy it will make u seem older

find the foundation that matches your skin tone exactly

blush is very important smile and put your blush on your apple cheeks pinkish ones make u look happy

if u want your lips to look Bigger draw a line around them but the lipliner must be in your lipscolour

estte lauder magnascopic mascara is a miracle belive mee your look will be attractive

hope this helpss

first always smile though you have acne or whatever

:D:D:D ha ha ha yes this makes everyone look better , either that or they think your an escaped mental patient! ! ! ! x