Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
snizz

A new B5 regimen log.

I'm starting a new log as my old one, for the BP regimen, didn't go so well. As it turns out, I'm allergic. After the first day, my face was bright red and painful. I stopped using the BP, but the redness and stinging continued for three more days. So now I'm trying to go a more natural route.

Today is my first full day on the B5. I've read a lot of the posts in the Vitamin B5 Information topic, and a few people mentioned 5g working better than 10g, so I'm going to try that first. I'd rather start with too little and have to add more than with too much and have my body freak out.

My regimen for this first week will be (using 500mg B5 pills):

2 B5s and a B-Complex with breakfast

1 B5 and a women's multivitamin with lunch

2 B5s and a B-Complex with dinner

1 B5 before bed

After that, I'll bring it up to 6g and go from there. I'll update if I notice any results or side effects.

Interesting :) I've also just started a personal regime for Vitamin B5, and i'm also allergic to BP (i think) ;). I hope its all going to work for you, i just had a breakout from the B5 (been on it for a week now)

Good luck and keep us posted!

No news is good news, I guess. I got 3 new spots this week, which is what I usually get on a "good" week, but they are only whiteheads instead of the painful cysts I've been getting, so I consider that a small victory.

Today I'm upping to 4g and will do this until Monday when I go to 6g. So for the next five days, the regimen will be:

2 B5s and a B-Complex with breakfast

2 B5s and a women's multivitamin with lunch

2 B5s and a B-Complex with dinner

2 B5s before bed.

I recommend anyone trying B5 to get a pill organizer. I got one at the dollar store. It has removable columns (for bringing to work), one for each day of the week, each with 4 tabs marked "AM" "NOON" "PM" & "LATE". Perfection. I fill it up at the beginning of the week and don't have to worry about remembering what to take when. Plus seeing it reminds me to take the pills when I should.

For anyone interested in my topical regimen, I wash AM/PM with Neutrogena Gentle Cleanser. I treat/moisturize with Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion (has Salicylic Acid) during the day. At night I use Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel. Not sure if its supposed to be used only as a spot treatment, but I use it on my entire face, just like the day product. And if I have a spot or think one is coming I dab BP on it with a Q-Tip so it only touches the spot and doesnt irritate the surrounding skin.

Man, I sure can ramble on, cant I? :)

so how do you like the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion. i was reading osme reviews on it some good some bad. how does it spread on your face, someone said it was thick?

It works ok i think but it gave me rashes.

so how do you like the Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion. i was reading osme reviews on it some good some bad. how does it spread on your face, someone said it was thick?

B5 is not likely to DRY you out, it reduces oil production because it helps the metabolization of fats, but it does not have a direct effect on sebum production. Your skin will get less oily, but it shouldn't get DRY. If anything it will have a very subtle matte oil on it that is perfectly natural and beneficial.

I like the Neutrogena Acne Defense line very much. The face lotion doesn't dry me out, in fact I use it as a moisturizer. The Spot Treatment is a bit thick, but thats probably because it's meant for spot treating (obviously) and I use it all over as a night-time moisturizer.

I moved up to the 6g regimen today. I discovered I can't go any higher because my pill organizer only fits four pills per tab. :) So my regimen from now on will be:

3 B5s and a B-Complex with breakfast

3 B5s and a women's multivitamin with lunch

3 B5s and a B-Complex with dinner

3 B5s before bed.

I'm really pleased with things so far. I've been told that my complexion looks a lot better already. I haven't had any new breakouts since my last post so I'm happy as a clam (what an odd phrase).

And there have been no side effects, in case anyone is curious.

If things continue to go well, I may add Zinc to the lineup (since I have room for one more pill in the 'late night' tab) because it's supposed to help with scars. I have to read a bit more about it first.

Hope things are going well with everyone else. Take care... :D

Well, I spoke too soon. I've backtracked a bit since my last post. I have a few small whiteheads on my forehead and a cyst-y looking one on my cheek (which is already starting to go away).

Obviously I'm frustrated. Its one of three things:

- the past two weeks were a fluke and had nothing to do with the B5

(though I seriously doubt it, knowing my skin)

- the B5 is pushing all the bad stuff to the surface

(would it have taken two weeks?)

- 6g is too much and I should go back to 4g

Anyone have any thoughts on this?

I'll give the 6g at least until the end of the week and if my face is still acting up, I'm going back to 4g and see what happens.

I had a big pus filled zit 12 days into my B5, and since then, haven't had one as big. Although I have since quit the B5 (I did it for a month), I know it was working. I just wanted the Green Cream to take over and it has. (I was getting too many side effects, but I know some people don't get any).

As long as you're not feeling any effects from the B5, I'd continue with it. It probably wouldn't hurt to reduce it a bit. I think it would still work. I'd give it a few more weeks at least. Two weeks from now, if you're worse, I'd start to wonder, but otherwise its probably working.

i did 14g a day for 3 mounths, i had the first mounth of a huge initial breakout, then the following mounth i broke out the same, then last mounth even worse, my opinion is its a lode of shite....

Okay... Anyway.

Let me just say that I -LOVE- apirin masks. The red marks are much less red and easier to cover with makeup. Works better than any store bought product I've tried.

And just for the log's sake, I went down to 5g on Tuesday. No outbreaks since my last frantic post about it. Yay!

I guess B5 is no match for the power of the period (sorry guys). Its coming this week and I got three new breakouts. I've also noticed a group of them behind my right shoulder. Random and gross. I'm going on vacation next month and I -really- hope thats not a longtime thing. Also, though the aspirin mask really does make my skin feel nice, its doing nothing for my red marks. And I have plenty.

Because of my vacation, I asked my doctor about starting BCP so I could skip my period. I requested Ortho Tri-Cyclen, but she said because of the varying hormone levels throughout the pills, it wouldn't work too well. So she gave me Microgestin Fe 1/20. And whats one of the side effects? You bet, acne. Swell.

It's been a depressing week. I'm off to go find a cave to begin my new life as a hermit.

stay here dont go im going to type something out for you.... :hand:

Try my setup with the maxium strength oxy cleanser.... It wont sting or anything... First time use just was face with it and dont leave it on... for five minutes... Want to make sure it doesnt bother skin... I been doing this and i havent gotten a zit for a few days which is nice... Im also taking b5 pills... only 1 gram of it though... I take other vitamins and if you want to battle acne try my set up for cleansing the face... I think this way is as effective as the bp cream... Or may even be better for people.. these are the vitamins i take...** Take vitamin A, 10,000 - 30,000 IU daily

Vitamin A reduces sebum production and keratin production (Caution: taking mega doses of Vitamin A can cause headaches, fatigue, muscle and joint pain and other side effects. Consult a qualified practitioner before taking mega supplements esp if ur pregnant)

** Take vitamin E, 400 IU daily

Vitamin E is an antioxidant that enhances healing and tissue repair. It prevents cell damage by inhibiting the oxidation of lipids (fats) and the formation of free radicals (Also aids absorption of Vitamin A)

** Take vitamin B6, 50-100 mg daily

Pyridoxine (Vitamin B6) aids in hormone metabolism. Involved in cellular reproduction. Deficiencies have been associated with acne.

** Take Selenium, 200-400 mcg

Selenium encourages tissue elasticity and is a powerful antioxidant.

** Take Chromium supplements, 150-200 mcg daily

Chromium helps boosts the body's ability to break down glucose. Chromium supplements have been shown by researchers to be effective in the treatment of acne. As a causal agent, high blood glucose levels have been linked to acne

** Take Zinc, 30-50 mg daily

Zinc aids in healing of the tissues and helps prevent scarring. It helps prevent acne by regulating the activity of the oil glands. Zinc promotes a healthy immune system and the healing of wounds. It is also an antioxidant which helps to fight and prevent the formation of free radicals. But for every 30mg zinc take 2mg copper. Zincs that have been found effective for acne sufferers: Zinc Gluconate (HealthAid) & Zinc Monomethionine (Opti-Zone)

Other supplements that might help as well:

* Vitamin C (with bioflavinoids) 3,000 - 5,000 mg daily, in divided doses. Promotes immune function and reduces inflammation. Use a buffered type.

* Vitamin D 400 IU daily. Promotes healing and tissue repair.

Whats surpising to me i havent gotten a zit for a month though... I havent gotten a new zit from starting a new cleaning way to... Fighting a few red marks so thats why my cleansing period at night is longer... It will be as short as morning once i get rid of these fuckers... I also have a log posted...

I'm feeling a bit less cranky today so I'll post. :redface:

I'll ignore the BCP issue, since that really had nothing to do with the B5 and was just frustration on my part. I decided to not take it, just to be safe.

Its been 6 weeks since starting B5. I've cut down to 4g on Mon/Wed/Fri and kept the 5g still on Sun/Tue/Thu/Sat. I have only one tiny pimple on my temple, so I'm still a fan.

As for my new issue - red spots. I got a trial size tube of Green Cream Levels 3 and 6. It's recommended to use every other night at first, but the Level 3 isn't very strong so I've been use it every night. I don't think I'll notice a change until I start the Level 6, but I think it will be helpful in easing into it. I'll update when I do.

Basically, not much has changed, but thats a good thing. :)

Attention Green Cream fans: Please help a girl out.

I used the trial size Level 3 each night for a week with no problems. I read that Level 6 usually causes some irritation and since I have super wimpy skin, I was ready for it. But two nights into using it and nothing! It feels just like the Level 3.

I don't know what to think. The cynic in me thinks I got a bad batch, as I've also read that people have noticed a difference right away and I haven't seen a thing.

Is this product for helping stop the acne? I've got the B5 for that. I was using it for fading red marks, so if it isn't too helpful for that, I won't shell out the cash to get the full bottle.

Thanks in advance...

EDITED 4/26 TO ADD-

Once again, I spoke too soon. :redface: I guess I had a delayed reaction to the Green Cream. My face is a bit sore, like a sunburn, this morning. Yow. Still better than using BP though. Heheh.

Anyhoo, I guess I'll be cutting back to every other night.

I'm still curious if its good for red marks. I just bought some Aveeno Correcting Treatment on eBay (I can't pass up a good deal, I got three for less than the price of one at the store), so hopefully that'll help some.

The Green Cream irritation is fading. I can finally put on moisturizer which is good because I'm sooooo dry. My skin is flaking around my mouth and I'm red around the eyes, but no more pain. Phew.

And just to add insult to injury, I got two new breakouts. One yesterday near my nose that seemed like it was going to be huge, but it never fully formed, just stayed a sore bump and is already starting to leave. Woke up this morning with one on my chin that looks like it'll do the same thing. Can't really complain.

Still on the Su/Tu/Th/Sa 5g, M/W/F 4g regimen. Eventually I'll use the rest of the Green Cream, but only once a week.