Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Baby Blue

Need help to find good moisturizer

I am on a quest to find a good/light nongreasy moisturizer. With my more mature skin, I really need something, but either the moisturizers are too oily or not moisturizing enough. I used to use Dermafina - I stayed clear for years on it - their moisturizer was the best ever!!!!! Never made me greasy and it moisturized perfectly. However, they went bankrupt and it is hard to find it anymore. I miss it so much!

Any suggestions on a nongreasy moisturizer. SOmething light(more fluid, than creamy) and balancing.

Thanks for any help, suggestions.

I just started using vaseline today. I found out about it on a home remedy type website. (google barefoot lass) It makes your skin suuuuper soft and if you use it correctly it wont leave grease on your face.

Basically after you wash your face while it is still wet, apply a small amount and massage into your skin, then add a bit of water at a time and continue the massaging until your face doesn't feel greasey.

I started using Effaclar K, and I love it. It's expensive, but contains 1.5% salicylic acid. It doesn't dy my skin either. It just makes the texture really smooth and withina few weeks I'm noticing my skin has a better tone.

After recently discovering that several of my favorite products (one a VERY expensive Perricone cleanser) contained dehydrating and comedogenic ingredients, I am now on a purity kick.

My new moisturizer: clear emu oil combined with hyaluronic acid. Both available from www.dianayvonne.com. And if you have never visited the SkinCare board over there, it is well worth browsing through. Diana Yvonne specializes in active products that don't have a lot of other crap mixed in .... and I am getting some seriously amazing results lately. And the host on the SkinCare board, Deb, REALLY knows her stuff. She has a background in chemistry and knows all about the products and the active ingredients. If you post your current skincare routine and goals over there, she can run a list of all the ingredients for you and tell you if you are actually using something that's working against you. She's an amazing resource, wish we had someone like her over here!!!!

I'll second that ;)

The clear emu oil by Diana Yvonne is to date the best moisturizer I've ever used! Its light, odorless, and absorbs well. A little goes a long way. I never would've ordered it, and I never would've believed it! It came as a sample, and I've been hooked ever since. I had been using regular emu oil from a vitamin store, and it is much greasier, smellier, and thicker. You can order a sample, its worth it.

I like purpose moisture lotion spf 15...just a cheaper drugstore brand but one of the few that moisturizes but doesn't make me oilier!

Well the best facial moisturizer I've ever used is Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. It's non-comedogenic, and it actually seems to help control my oil..however, it's not a very light moisturizer, but it isn't greasy at all.