Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
coughdrop

cortisone shot didnt finish the job?

I got a cortisone shot two weeks ago on a pretty big cyst on my cheek, and although it has gone down drastically, and is pretty unobvious with just a small blemish remaining. there is still a pretty prominant bump remaining that i can especially feel when i scrunch my nose. I worry because all the progress was made in the first few days after the shot, and now it hasn't changed for a while now, (maybe 3 weeks i forget)

Is this normal/ what should I do? thanks

i have the same problem that you do....i'm tempted to go back and get another shot on the remaining part of it, but i have also heard that doing that increases your chances of getting a "dent", so i'm not sure what to do....

I got a cortisone shot two weeks ago on a pretty big cyst on my cheek, and although it has gone down drastically, and is pretty unobvious with just a small blemish remaining. there is still a pretty prominant bump remaining that i can especially feel when i scrunch my nose. I worry because all the progress was made in the first few days after the shot, and now it hasn't changed for a while now, (maybe 3 weeks i forget)

Is this normal/ what should I do? thanks

I'm having the same problem, heh. I dunno, once school lets out I'm heading back to the derm to see if I can't get another injection or see what the best course of action is.

I've had one on my cheek for about a month. It is puffy but no head and not really a lot of redness. I keep going to the walk in clinic to get a referal to see a derm but honestly wait for almost 3 hours and get fed up and walk out. No family doctor and the derm won't take me without a referal.

I need to get this thing shot down. It is just idle and has not gotten any bigger or smaller in almost a month.

Any updates on second shots for anyone??

ya, mine worked (i think). i mean, if you touch where it was, you can still feel it under the skin, but you cant tell its there when you look at it, even if you are really looking for it. and its been a while since i got that second one so i dont think its gonna come back up, but it does still feel hard when you touch where it was/is. and i have to go back next week for to get another shot on some areas of my face that didnt get rid of the cyst after the first shot......so far no "dents" so hopefully i wont get any!

Hey that is really weird you would mention that, i got 4 needles in my cysts last week, but 3 still remain as bumps, two on my cheeks and one near my eye :| I guess, it takes a bit of time for them to fully go down :surprised: