Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My skin is always so dry and red (especially in the winter). I use Cetaphil lotion, but even that isn't working anymore. Every time I take a hot shower or sweat a lot, my face will get red and feel like it's burning, but be dry and oily at the same time. This burning sensation lasts for hours. It just feels like my face is very hot. Does anyone else suffer from this, and if so, what do you do? Could this be roseacea, although it doesn't run in my family at all? No one in my immediate family or other relatives has roseacea.... so I'm guessing this is just very irritated skin.

I don't really have blackheads or whiteheads. It's just a dry, burning skin. It makes my face red and flushed, and besides making me look terrible, it's uncomfortable.

Help!

My face was red and burning after using BP and all the moisturizers I put on it just made it burn more and didnt give me any relief with the dryness. I read on this board to use Jojoba oil. Well I tried it last night and it worked wonders. It didnt burn and my face has already softened some. The BP actually made my face tight and accentuated wrinkles and I can already tell with the jojoba oil that it is going back to normal and hopefully will make my skin look better after more use. You might try it or ask for more info on it.