Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
PetPeeve

Irritation acne!

Okay, I'm moving my post from the Types of Acne forum because I get less of a response there and people that frequent here are generally more knowledgable, plus this also has something to do with scarring:

There are all different types of acne brought on by different conditions depending on the person, but what I don't get is irritation acne, meaning acne brought on by exfoliation or other skin cleansing methods.

If I try to exfoliate using a gentle brush my skin gets red and I breakout in tiny red bumps which I'm afraid might get cystic. I am comparatively clear after Accutane, but I was left with mild-moderate scarring which I am trying to treat. I am seeing good (even if it's temporary) results from exfoliating dead skin from the upper surface because it makes my face look cleaner and my scars look shallower. But if I exfoliate I break out in these bumps!!

How can exfoliating my face cause bacteria to form underneath and keep these ongoing breakouts that wont stop??!!

Try using a more gentle method.

I bought the Neut. microderm kit and found using that little machine made me worse so I use a little of the cream that came with it very gently with my fingertips and haven't had any problems.