Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest flutistgurl26

I'm afraid to wear make up

Guest flutistgurl26

Whenever I'm interested in a new product I like to read reviews on it.. but that's a little hard to do with make up. I've noticed that while one person will have great results from it with no break outs... someone else will have horrible results with tons of break outs! So I'm afraid to wear anything right now since my skin is almost clear from accutane.. I don't want to mess it up with make up, but I still wish I could wear it to even out redness and cover left over marks. But there's always that period right after you first try a new make up where you're just waiting to see if its going to make you break out........ Know what I mean??

The only makeup I wear now is Neutrogena Skin Clearing concealer in Fair (it's just a silly little liquid stick, easy to use, and non-comedogonic) and loose powder for shine. I don't think you can go wrong experimenting with a non-comedogonic concealer and powder for your red marks to start with. You can always venture into foundation, pressed powder, mineral makeup and such when you feel bolder.

Whenever I'm interested in a new product I like to read reviews on it.. but that's a little hard to do with make up. I've noticed that while one person will have great results from it with no break outs... someone else will have horrible results with tons of break outs! So I'm afraid to wear anything right now since my skin is almost clear from accutane.. I don't want to mess it up with make up, but I still wish I could wear it to even out redness and cover left over marks. But there's always that period right after you first try a new make up where you're just waiting to see if its going to make you break out........ Know what I mean??

If anything, get make-up that has on it's label "Hypoallergenic, Noncomedogenic (won't cause breakouts) and Oil-Free". It's a pretty good indicator that it suits sensitve/acne-prone skin.

Have you tried mineral makeup? People with sensitive skin seem to like that and personally, I sometimes use Bare Minerals and I don't breakout from it. It has good coverage too!

Guest TylerD

Not me lol I love wearing makeup and would never fear it.

Guest TylerD

Ya lots of people wear covergirl foundation and if applied right it covers good and looks really nice. Powder most of the time wont break you out because it is so light.

Guest PokaHotAz

well if u dont need it then dont wear it...

if u wanna look dolled up one night...

get urself some mineral makeup...

sephora carries bare minerals ... and get urself some...

but seriously, if u really dont need to use make-up then no point in wearing any... from the looks of ur avatar, ur skin looks nice and healthy... nice color and all... ya dont even need it :)

If anything, get make-up that has on it's label "Hypoallergenic. Noncomedogenic (won't cause breakouts) and Oil-Free". It's a pretty good indicator that it suits sensitve/acne-prone skin.

Just so you guys know the term hypoallergenic isn't recognised by the FDA. It means whatever the company wants it to mean.

When the term was first coined all it meant was "no more irritating as a comaprable product on the market."

It's so horrible how these companies mislead poor consumers who just don't know any better.....they should all be shot....oh wait I work for one of them...... :ninja:

Don't even get me started on the term natural..........that one's even worse

maybe you should try a tinted moisturizer? it would help even out some while still being very light. just make sure you get a moisturizer with a good SPF......it might be the best thing you do foryour skin bc they are right, your skin looks pretty good from the avatar pic.

I too am afraid to wear make-up because I don't want my acne to get worse. I only use eyeliner and lip balm. I'm afraid that any concealer or foundation will somehow BIND WITH MY SKIN and not let any new skin grow, if that makes any sense.

It probably doesn't, but I really, really want clear skin by summer and am willing to tough it out for now.

I was afraid of making up after accutane but I had to bec. of my redmarks.I read so much reviews on this forums and i decided on bare minerals and u cant believe but I am very happy with the resultss

It is scary putting something on your face when its clear because you definitely don't want to mess that up. I've been using mineral makeup for several years and I love it.

There are some smaller mineral co.'s that use mostly just titanium dioxide and zinc and this seems to actually help my complexion. Also you can order samples, so you don't have to commit lots of $ to just try it. I've probably ordered from 5-6 different mineral co.'s over the last 3 months and even though they have very similar ingredients they were all extremely different on my skin!

You can be come an addict when you find out how many mineral foundations are actually out there!

Guest fatallyours

I know what you mean, I try not to wear much when my skin is behaving. But maybe look into a tinted moisturizer or a powder foundation. Or just use a bit of concealer on the parts you need to conceal and then a powder to even it all out.

It's true everyone has different reactions to different products so you never know what will happen when you use it..the best thing to do is to buy from a place that allows you to return or exchange and to test a little bit on yourself to see if it is o.k. or if it irritates.

I'm just on Accutane now and am hoping I won't have to wear too much face makeup afterwards too. I've found ones that don't bother or worsen my skin but it's only through trial and error. I've used more that I hated than ones I've liked!