Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Zhanna

Nooooo! Neutrogena Clear Pore Treatment discontinued

Why me? Just when I finally find something that works incredibly well on the evil painful bumps I've been getting lately, they have to go and discontinue it. I was wondering why I couldn't find the Clear Pore Treatment (2% SA gel) on the store shelves the past few weeks. Yesterday I checked online and no one carries it any longer. Suspicious (and scared!) I wrote to Neutrogena. Here's their reply:

Thank you for contacting Neutrogena.

Clear Pore Treatment has been discontinued. Unfortunately, it was not selling as well as we had hoped it would. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. You may want to try our Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion as a replacement product.

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion is a lightweight, oil-free daily face lotion with maximum strength salicylic acid to help treat and prevent breakouts. Rapid Clear Face Lotion is non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested and contains a blend of botanical ingredients to help soothe and calm your skin.

So now what? Has anyone tried the lotion they recommend? Any other recommendations for a similar product? I know there were others on this board using the CPT. What's your backup plan? I've heard good things about Paula's Choice BHA, and I plan to order it, but I'm going to need something in the next few days.

This is so disappointing. :wacko:

~Zhanna

Nooooooooooo!!!!! :cry: I also use Neutrogena Clear Pore treatment!!! And although it has not cleared me 100% it certainly does help tremendously!

I am willing to try their Rapid Clear Acne Defence Face Lotion, it acctually sounds really good, cause I think I could skip the moisturizer with that one, whereas I have to use moisturizer with the Clear Pore. But I haven't seen it anywhere in Canada yet. I hope they don't leave me SAless. :shock:

Hi Belle,

Please let us know how it works out for you, if you can find it. (I haven't found it either, so far.) I'm a little afraid to use any kind of "lotion." My skin is quite oily (but not extremely so), and I've never needed a moisturizer even though I use both BP and SA. The lotion has good reviews, though, from what I can see, so it might be worth a try.

~Zhanna

I've used it and liked it. SA usually doesn't give me great results, but there was a noticable difference in my acne with the Rapid Clear.

Why me? Just when I finally find something that works incredibly well on the evil painful bumps I've been getting lately, they have to go and discontinue it. I was wondering why I couldn't find the Clear Pore Treatment (2% SA gel) on the store shelves the past few weeks. Yesterday I checked online and no one carries it any longer. Suspicious (and scared!) I wrote to Neutrogena. Here's their reply:

Thank you for contacting Neutrogena.

Clear Pore Treatment has been discontinued. Unfortunately, it was not selling as well as we had hoped it would. We apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. You may want to try our Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion as a replacement product.

Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion is a lightweight, oil-free daily face lotion with maximum strength salicylic acid to help treat and prevent breakouts. Rapid Clear Face Lotion is non-comedogenic, dermatologist-tested and contains a blend of botanical ingredients to help soothe and calm your skin.

So now what? Has anyone tried the lotion they recommend? Any other recommendations for a similar product? I know there were others on this board using the CPT. What's your backup plan? I've heard good things about Paula's Choice BHA, and I plan to order it, but I'm going to need something in the next few days.

This is so disappointing. :wacko:

~Zhanna

Hi i read this post and later went shopping and ther in my local boots store was rows of clear pore treatment . i purchased some and im really pleased with the results , even after a few nights . i wonder if it is going to be discontinued here in England , we are always behind you in products anyway ! Im going to purchase about 3 tubes of the stuff just in case . we def dont have Rapid Clear Acne Defenses Face Lotion here , if you find it let me know what it is like ! ! x

I don't know how helpful my opinion is since salicyclic acid products haven't done much for my acne in the past few years, but I distinctly remember trying that Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Defense Face Lotion a year ago. It had a pretty weird smell to it, and I'm not normally bothered by lotion smells, but this one was pretty unpleasant. More importantly, though, the lotion didn't do anything to help my acne. Sadly, the only Neutrogena SA product that ever helped my skin was the Multi-Vitamin Acne Treatment Lotion (http://www.acne.org/rate_item.php?item_id=51), which was similar to the Rapid Clear but seemed more effective...I have NO idea why. It appears Neutrogena has stopped making that stuff recently too, though.

NOOOOOO!!!! I really hope this isn't true... I SWEAR by this stuff... Man, if that's the case I'm stocking up next weekend.

Which of these is the product that was discontinued:

http://www.drugstore.com/search/search.asp...e&Go.x=0&Go.y=0

It's none of those. It's still listed at Amazon.com and you could try ordering it, but with an availability date so far in the future I really doubt you'll receive it. It's probably out of stock and since it's been discontinued, they won't receve any more.

Clear Pore Treatment at Amazon.com

~Zhanna