Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

does any one have a dermatologist that is a total cow, cos im sure i should complaina bout mine she told me i was wasting my time and hers trying all different medication, i stopped using differin like 3 weeks after starting and also minocin, however i stayed on erythromycin and duac for like over 6 months ( been on duac cream over a year and half) and she has the cheek to tell me i dont stick to treatments, and shes telling me to not mess around with accutane , well if the b*tch would of given me the chance 2 av it in the first place ( started seeing her 2 years ago) i wouldnt have to go bak every friggin time!!! any one else had problems with their crap doctors being really arrogant to them, god we could use some sympathy dn ya think!!!!

and she has the cheek to tell me i dont stick to treatments

Mine did that with azelic acid, retin a, benzaclin, and tons of antibiotics ... I switched derms

been on accutane for over a month ... dont see much improvement and still breaking out like crazy :(

I was with one that just kept pushing the creams...I couldnt take those anymore, so i tryed a derm to get accutane, but they were booked till this may...

Got a new doc and started tane the day after I first saw him...

I was with one that just kept pushing the creams...I couldnt take those anymore, so i tryed a derm to get accutane, but they were booked till this may...

Hi there,

Do you general doctor gave you accutane, not your derm? Does anyone know if this is possisble in Australia?

Cheers :)

Hi there,

Do you general doctor gave you accutane, not your derm? Does anyone know if this is possisble in Australia?

Cheers :)

Yes. My general practicioner (bless him) gave me accutane.

I live in Canada, and we're slighty american-ized. It isn't allowed in England, I honestly don't know about Australia..could go either way.

Sorry I can't be of any more assistance.

Good luck,

My Gp is god...at least for giving me a chance with it.

I don't know if its allowed in all states of the US, but I know it is in some (perhaps with a permit), and it's allowed in Canada. The real thing is whether or not a GP will give it, even if they can.

does any one have a dermatologist that is a total cow, cos im sure i should complaina bout mine she told me i was wasting my time and hers trying all different medication, i stopped using differin like 3 weeks after starting and also minocin, however i stayed on erythromycin and duac for like over 6 months ( been on duac cream over a year and half) and she has the cheek to tell me i dont stick to treatments, and shes telling me to not mess around with accutane , well if the b*tch would of given me the chance 2 av it in the first place ( started seeing her 2 years ago) i wouldnt have to go bak every friggin time!!! any one else had problems with their crap doctors being really arrogant to them, god we could use some sympathy dn ya think!!!!

I havew the same problem. My derms a dummy. The only way he seems to respond to my concerns or problems is to suggest discontinuation. This may make accutane less available, but I think these assholse should have to take a special course to be able to prescribe it. And they should have to be available to their patients 24-7. That would be good instead of making us jump through all these bullshit hoops to get it.

I can't blame the docs so fast. With our crazy legal system they are scared of being sued.

My derm told me that he no longer prescribes the tane to any patient no matter how severe. He said a lot of derms are being put at fault for patient with serious side effects from tane.

U quit on differin after 3 weeks? That's fast. I started to see results after my second month and continued using it for a while before I saw results.

We all want our acne to go away, and it seems that a lot of people think the Tane is the magic pill. It's not for every situation.