Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
husky123

post accutane and alcohol

My face is completely clear now and I have been finished with accutane for over a week. is it ok to drink? I have never heard of alcohol negating the effects of accutane but i want to be sure. I don't think a couple of weekends of drinking is going to effect 5 months of accutane treatment but I am paranoid and need reassurance. My doctor said my liver handled the treatment very well. I should be good to go right?

I wouldn't. Have a couple of drinks, like 3-4 beers the most. You really don't want to risk anything because of some stupid alcohol.

Meh, I pretty much drank some alcohol every weekend while I was on tane and my bloodtests were always fine. I wouldn't worry about it and just go out drinking.

you can't call him? I know when I had a derm in Nevada they had this 1 800 number for their office that you could call anytime and leave a message for a specific doc at the office and they'd call ya back.

dude...don't listen to them ur good to go...I have been of tane for two months and drink a ton the two nights a week I party @ college...You can drink it won't hurt ur liver anymore than it would a normal person since after a week my derm. said tanes out of the body at least the liver.

You can drink it won't hurt ur liver anymore than it would a normal person since after a week my derm. said tanes out of the body at least the liver.

Just cause your drinking every night doesn't mean it is not having ill effects. Yes, accutane is out of the system, however, your liver is still weak from 4-6 months of poisoning.

Yes, you can drink. No, you shouldn't drink excessively. Most importantly, you shouldn't drink nightly. One weekend, ok. One week, not so much. Just follow Buddha for a few weeks; everything in moderation grasshopper.