Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
silentfart

Accutane - Virtually clear...

hi:

i just wanted to thank everyone for answering all my questions about accutane. it's been one full week and i have experienced unbelievable results. my skin has never looked so good and everyone around me has noticed that i just look "different" ---i think they are just too polite to say --"no more zits!"

anyways, i know some people won't believe me, but really, my complexion looks that much better in just one week! i even have pictures to document it. wow! unbelievable! my confidence is back. i feel great.

but there is a catch...

i am terrified to death of the thinning hair side effect. i keep rubbing my head to make sure it's not falling out...i am going to talk to my derm at the end of this month. i read some testimonials online where people were claiming that their hair NEVER grew back! ugh, it sucks to have acne...i have to choose whether i want to be bald or have zits!

anyways, with a complexion this clear....i hope it lasts and that he'll take me off in 3 to 4 months.

thanks again ---i don't know what i would do without this board!

p.s. - my acne was mild to moderate and very persistent!

Yep, thinning hair can happen but it's only temporary, so no worries :)

it's been one full week and i have experienced unbelievable results.

Just wait for your initital breakout...

thanks for the replies.

when should i expect it? after the first month ---am i free from the ib? my doc did mention it but he also said that i may not get it.

Haha, Spezza's right...I got one Bitch-ASS initial breakout...hopefully you sneak by it-but be prepared for it.

when didi it come

I got my initial breakout at the start of week 2. I got a bad one that took about 2 weeks to die down. Right after that, my dosage was upped to 80mg/day, double what I was on thus causing another breakout. This second breakout wasn't nearly as bad though. I have basically just finished my second month and I am not getting nearly as many spots. The ones I do get are tiny as opposed to the huge ones I got during the initial breakout. Everything is flattening out and seems like I am just needing the redmarrks to fade and everything to smooth out completely...maybe 2 active spots as of now..

Silent, after reading all you wrote, you sound just like me. I'm paranoid about the hair thinning as well. I do the same thing every day too. I rub my head to make sure my hair is not falling out. So far, no hair loss. As far as the initial break-out goes, I'm on week 2 and I haven't experienced anything major, 2 or 3 pimples (sometimes no white puss) at a time. I know I'm not supposed to do this, but when I see a pimple, I dab some BP on it. I'm not sure if that's helping me out from breaking out but, so far no major break-out (I read about someone else doing it on this site and decided to give it a try). Well congratulations on your clear complexion, best of luck too.

hi:

i just wanted to thank everyone for answering all my questions about accutane. it's been one full week and i have experienced unbelievable results. my skin has never looked so good and everyone around me has noticed that i just look "different" ---i think they are just too polite to say --"no more zits!"

anyways, i know some people won't believe me, but really, my complexion looks that much better in just one week! i even have pictures to document it. wow! unbelievable! my confidence is back. i feel great.

but there is a catch...

i am terrified to death of the thinning hair side effect. i keep rubbing my head to make sure it's not falling out...i am going to talk to my derm at the end of this month. i read some testimonials online where people were claiming that their hair NEVER grew back! ugh, it sucks to have acne...i have to choose whether i want to be bald or have zits!

anyways, with a complexion this clear....i hope it lasts and that he'll take me off in 3 to 4 months.

Hair thinning is like a 3% chance.

Where did you get this statistic? My doc gave me some sort of pamphlet and it said that hair thinning occurs about 13% of accutane users (joint problems was also around 13%). Hair thinning while on accutane occurs as much (or as little) as having joint pains or back problems while on it.

Anyway, congrats silent on your success and I'm happy for you that you never experienced an initial breakout. If you got cleared in less than a week, your acne must be mild to begin with. Most people usually take around 2 months to get cleared up.

My initial breakout was horrid. I got like 1 spot after a month of Tane and I think i've had about 2 more since and now i'm on week 10. Horrid, horrid! Ha ha, hope it works out for you as well as it did for me mate!

hi:

but there is a catch...

What's your daily dosage for your weight in kilograms?

What's with all those initial outbreaks?? When I got accutane prescribed and asked my derm if I'll get something like that, he said there is only like a 20% chance you will so mostly likely not and he was right! 6 weeks in and only getting better and better :)

my face got way better in like the first week too. Not to rain on your parade but after that, I broke out for 2 months straight. just finished 2 months and my IB is just calming down. Don't be let down if you get one.

I didn't have any IB to speak of, either...I'm on week 3, definately huge improvement, especially in skin texture. Now my problem is that I'm not used to being so damn pale (i used to fake-bake, lol)...so the red spots I do have seem so noticeable to me in contrast to my pasty skin! overall, so siked!!!