Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

ok i need some more help. im taking all sorts of vitamins and now to add to that im taking oral perscriptions thats suppost to kill the bacteria that causes pimples. im using vitamins A, E and B5 and zinc. and now to add to that im taking minocin which is suppose to help. do u think this is too much for my body to handle??

No..

But scientists have recently began to worry that taking too much of the same vitamin (ie. 1-2 day everyday for years upon years) could be harmful.. but that's a different story.

hilfiger, there's no need to take a bunch of individual vitamins, just get a comprehensive multivitamin tablet. You'll only need one a day. Like Centrum, or One-A-Day, something like that would be simpler than taking all those individual one's. Well, that's assuming you are an adult, those are adult tablets I mentioned.

Vitamins in moderation are all right, and should be in no way harmful as long as you aren't taking more than the recommended dosage. Be especially careful about how much Vitamin A you are taking, as overdoses can have very harmful side-effects (10,000 IU/day is the upper intake level recommended for a healthy person, I believe). I agree with Brandy; a one-a-day vitamin would be a good way to cut out all those separate pills, and still allow a healthy intake of vitamins you may otherwise be missing from your diet. I think my bladder would explode if I had to take all those pills! :lol: