Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wanda

Hair dye/Accutane? Can I?

Hi guys. I've read & searched and I do not recall seeing this topic anywhere. I've been on Accutane 2 weeks today and it's that time again to dye my roots. My skin as well as my scalp are dry. I try to take care of my scalp/hair by not washing it so much, shampooing every 2 to 3 days and conditioning often, to prevent or atleast to help minimize any future hair loss/thinning which I'm not even sure if this helps but it's worth the effort. Has anyone dyed their hair (roots), while on Accutane?

My derm said that she prefer I did not color my hair. After talking w/ her a little more about it I got the feeling that as I did it once or twice I would should be okay.

I have blonde hair and it currently colored brown. I have to go to the salon and get it touched up about every 5-6 weeks. I am going to try to only do it once while I am on the Accutane.

Thanx 4 replying guys. I'm not sure if a semi-permanent hair color would do the job for me because my natural hair color is really dark; almost black and I dye it a medium golden brown. I've never tried semi-permanent before and I'm not sure what it can & can't do. As far as the 1st reply goes, maybe I should also wait the 5 or 6 weeks, that's a great idea, this way I only have to dye my hair twice while on Accutane. I'll give my Derm a call tomorrow before I run to the beauty supply store to buy the stuff. Again, thanks for getting back to me. :D