Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
forbawston

cysts on face for months

has anyone had a cyst like the size of a pea or bigger that hasn't gone away for more than three months, doesn't hurt, doesn't do anything but just sit there? if so, what the hell became of these things? i'm getting wicked impatient and pissed off.

no like.. you don't understand. i've tried all of that, and it's so hard that no pus comes out whatsoever and there's skin over it, no opening so no bp can get in. it sucks.

no like.. you don't understand. i've tried all of that, and it's so hard that no pus comes out whatsoever and there's skin over it, no opening so no bp can get in. it sucks.

Hi there,

I think i know what you're talkin about - but i don't think its a cyst - it could be a milia. Thats what i've got. Its a hard lump under the skin and not actually filled with puss - its supposedly calcium deposits and a bunch of other stuff. Treatment for this is to make a small cut in skin and 'pop' it out (doctor does this) - but good news is you won't need stitches cause its just a small incision.

Rainbow :)

Guest Hi   Im Bitter

has anyone had a cyst like the size of a pea or bigger that hasn't gone away for more than three months, doesn't hurt, doesn't do anything but just sit there? if so, what the hell became of these things? i'm getting wicked impatient and pissed off.

I know exactly what you're talking about, but mine go away in like 2 months. I didn't prick it with a needle either.

does a doctor make the incision or derm.? does it hurt?

HI,

My doctor did it - no it didnt hurt, but thats cause she gave me a local anaesethic.

well what you COULD try is to take a facecloth (clean obviously) and make it reaaally hot by like putting in hot water (or make it wet and microwave may work, nver tried...) i used to do that with some of my zits when they were like that (no longer that bad for me :D) so... i dont know try it if ya want :D

I have something similiar. It was painful for a few days, I iced it and applied a lot of BP. The pain went but now it is still there, puffy and it is almost a month later. It has been in this state for 3 weeks now. Not a lot of redness and it does not really hurt, just tight from time to time when I scrunch my face. I am hoping to get in to see a derm soon and hoping they can reccomend something, be it an injection or whatever. It's really annoying me.

Two words......Cortisone Injection........

Just make sure they're experienced....too little....it'll come back.....to much and you can get an indented scar....

OMG I get these. I have two that have lasted for over a year. I really want more cortisone injections, despite the dents I got last time. My derm won't give me them.

Whatever you do, DON'T mess with it (if it's anything like what I have). Every now and then, I'll think I can get rid of it, but it only makes it worse. Antibiotics haven't done jack either.

i KNOW! what the hell!???!?! like, i've seriously had one for like... over five months. at least im accutane for it, i mean, i hope it will get rid of it. i hope my doctor isn't yanking my chain. and antibiotics... FORGET THEM.

i've had serveral cysts and had accutane 3 times, with success...however now i'be been using MD glycolic acid toner 30%, and it has done miracles....the remaining cysts have dissapeared, and it reduces the red marks as well.

Dude, i know exactly what you are talking about. i got one on my check. Its weird, you can't tell its there by looking at my face, but i can feel it and it bothers the heck out of me. I figured since its not making any red mark im just gunna leave it alone. Weirdest thing though, my face is so close to getting clear, all i got left is red marks, and boom! This thing comes from no where, along with two other semi-big pimples. God! So damn close to clear skin (except for the red marks).

Im not sure if I fit in here but Here's how I describe mine:

I got it as what seemed to be a cold sore .. so I put coldsore medicine on it, but then I realized that it might not be a coldsore, so I put loads of BP on and gobbed it on. I tried to prick/pop it but only a little pus came out and it just got redder.

Then about 1 - 1 /2 weeks later the top layer of skin came off kind of like a scab, it was harder skin that I normally have, and was very rough.

Ever since then its been a "bump" on my upper lip toward the left where the two lips meet. It's very strange too because I have tried squeezing it to pop, but it never budges. I haven't tried poking it again and having stuff come out because I don't want it to scab again, which was somewhat painful.. It just looks like a bump thats slightly reddish. It's so bazaar I've never had anything like this before.

Help Anyone? What do you think I should do?

really? i've been on accutane for a month and these things haven't budged. i wonder, how many mgs were you on?

really? i've been on accutane for a month and these things haven't budged. i wonder, how many mgs were you on a day?

I have those too. No head just a bump on your skin. I'm taking tane right now (4th week) and some are still there and some are almost flat now.

really? i've been on accutane for a month and these things haven't budged. i wonder, how many mgs were you on?

really? i've been on accutane for a month and these things haven't budged. i wonder, how many mgs were you on a day?

i am on 70mg per day :)

I have 3 of these right now, and they are impossible to get rid of. Leave them alone, putting stuff on them, it doesnt matter. One of them actually came to the surface and trust me, i dont care if they sit under my skin till I die as long as they dont surface like one of them cus omg people ask you what you did to your face and thats rediculous.

I've had one since December and while it's not extremely visible it shows no sign of backing down. Yet my derm told me it would last two months at the very longest. :eh:

Oh but what am I saying? Dermatologists are flawless beings whose superior knowledge we should all hold reverence for. :rolleyes:

It's probably not an acne cyst, but rather an epidermal cyst (they used to call them sebaceous cysts but that term wasn't really accurate). Acne cysts aren't generally painless, but epidermal cysts are. Even if you pop it, it wouldn't help, because of the way they form they must be removed surgically whole and intact. Did you show it specifically to your derm? If that's what it is the best thing is to ignore it until after Accutane and deal with it after your healing response returns to normal afterwards.

OMG I get these. I have two that have lasted for over a year. I really want more cortisone injections, despite the dents I got last time. My derm won't give me them.

Whatever you do, DON'T mess with it (if it's anything like what I have). Every now and then, I'll think I can get rid of it, but it only makes it worse. Antibiotics haven't done jack either.

I agree, I get these once in a while. and they take 6+ months sometimes to go away. I had one that took over 9. If I mess with them they turn into cysts and get real ugly! If I leave em alone they stay lumps and are a lot less noticeable.