Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dannie

vitamin C serum

i bought some from the body shop..it is awsome...it helps with scars,,damage from anything to your skin..renews the skin..

How do you apply it? Do you take it orally? I hope you don't work for them!! How long have you tried it and how much has it helped your skin-be specific. Thanks

i bought some from the body shop..it is awsome...it helps with scars,,damage from anything to your skin..renews the skin..

hey. i also bought some on the advice of someone on here and i think its helping but i'm not 100% sure as i was using retin-a in dec/january and have also just gone for one non ablative laser treatment. my skin looks a lot healthier though. for the price it cant hurt to try it.

How much retin A were you using and how often? Did you apply all over or just to the scarred areas? Which non ablative laser did they use on you? Who did you go to? I'm in NYC too. Maybe those other treatments help stimulate collagen growth on your face-serum is worth a try though. Is your screen name taken from the Smith's song? Thanks.

well i tried it..from the body shop..i swear it was good but i think i was breakin out from it...they always add to much crap

im tryin the vita k microderm serum....it has VIT E,C K in it and no extra stuff..its doin well..buti m not sure its ifs actually helpin my skin...

I prefer to use vitamin C in powder form. You dissolve a small amount just prior to application so it is at its most potent. Vitamin C in liquid form looses its effectiveness rapidly and when exposed to light.

Sources include the following:

1) http://www.skinncosmetics.com/st_repair_cplus_detail.php

2) http://www.aloettecosmetics.com/oneproduct.aspx?product=23

3) http://www.philosophy.com/web/store/produc..._-1_25584_24009

I wonder if those time release vit C capsules the Body Shop does would be any good - heard Halle Berry uses them. £15 though. I remember someone once suggesting just dissolving a vit C vitamin tablet and applying it, maybe that would be another option?

I wonder if those time release vit C capsules the Body Shop does would be any good - heard Halle Berry uses them. £15 though. I remember someone once suggesting just dissolving a vit C vitamin tablet and applying it, maybe that would be another option?

I didnt see any really improvement doing that. But then i stopped doing it after 3 times cause it felt nothing really changed than wasting vitamin c tablets.

Well obviously you wouldn't see a difference after only 3 applications, nothing is that good!

Those Body Shop time release capsules could be effective though (maybe) cos they're sealed etc. And Halle Berry has great skin...