Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi everyone,

I started Accutane the beginning of last year and it cleared up my skin really well. Since I've been off it I still get a few breakouts every month. I saw my derm two weeks ago and he prescribed me a cream called Sulfoxyl, which is part sulfur and part benzoyl peroxide. I'm supposed to use it every other night and so far I've had small whiteheads popping up around my t-zone. I've tried over-the-counter treatments with sulfur before and they did the same thing. I don't know whether I should wait and see if my face clears up or try another medication. I don't even know what would be best for my skin, because it's pretty sensitive. I need something that will dry up the oil around my nose but not completely dry out my skin, and something that will prevent whiteheads. Also, I'd like to try something that doesn't take forever to start working.

If anyone has any ideas, please respond! It'd be greatly appreciated!!

Well, if sulfur didn't work for you before and it's not working now, I'd ask for something else.

So you weren't on anything after you got off 'tane? My doc made me start Taz the minute I got off 'tane, which I did a little over three weeks ago. I'm still clear, but then again, it's only been three weeks. If I can still say I'm clear a year from now, I'll have considered this treatment a success.

Anyway, you could try BP on its own, or maybe see about your doc giving you a mild retinoid. Unfortunately, the retinoid will probably make things worse at first, so I don't know if you'd want to go with something like that. It seems like where acne treatments are concerned, you're probably going to have to use a med that will make things worse before you can rely on long-term results.

Did your acne come back as bad as it was before 'tane, or is it pretty mild now?

I hope you find something that works for you.

how bad are the breakouts, it seems not that bad juts leave them alone

Thanks for responding!

I only get a couple of breakouts a month and it started right after I got off of accutane. They are mostly just whiteheads. Before I started Benzoxyl I used Benzoyl Peroxide like the regimen but it didn't seem to help much. I am really glad my skin isn't even close to how bad it was before Accutane, but it could be clearer.

Thanks for responding!

I only get a couple of breakouts a month and it started right after I got off of accutane. They are mostly just whiteheads. Before I started Benzoxyl I used Benzoyl Peroxide like the regimen but it didn't seem to help much. I am really glad my skin isn't even close to how bad it was before Accutane, but it could be clearer.

well its nopt that bad,,its bettre the all thredness, and cysts etc...