Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reckoning_mike

do you talk to people about acne?

do you talk to your friends/family/partners/pets about your acne? or do you keep it all inside? or only talk about it on this forum?

do you find it hard to talk about it?

personally, i talk about it to my mum... because she feels she has to give her opinion on everything :rolleyes: and sometimes to a couple of my friends... but id never talk about the emotional effects... anyone else feel the same?

My mutha uder, n me brova. Thats it.

I feel sorry for them with all my moaning. Doesn't help me, to talk about it cus it dont get rid of it does it. :(

I avoid talkign about it at all costs, unless asked about it, or someone starts to mention it.

I find all the stuff, self confidence issues associated with it put a strain on any relationship you have with people.

lol, i dont have a pet so i dont talk to it, wait i have a turtle but i think its dead who knows

i talk about it when i feel like, i try not to drag attention to my skin so much, so just when i feel like complaining with a friend,

or when my friend says: god! im getting all this bumps!

im like...katie :rolleyes: you dont know how it's like to have acne

then she shuts up :D

Guest Hi   Im Bitter

I only talk about it to my parents. I'm afraid of being perceived as vain if I tell my friends.

I do have one friend that I openly speak with... Frank. He's always wearing a bunny suit for some reason. :confused:

Yup, I talk to my close friends about it whenever it's bugging me, which isn't that often. Um, I don't think I bother talking about it with my parents... mainly because one lives outside of the country and the other practically lives outside of the country :angel: - in any case, they'd probably think it's silly.

My pets? Um... Nope. They usually only pay attention to me if I've got food or baby-talk them. It'd be a little weird for me to talk to them about acne in baby-talk, I think :angel: Plus, I don't think they'd appreciate my bitching when they've got their own problems to worry about- like say, having knots in their hair 'cuz their owner's too lazy to brush them (shih tzus) ;)

Since I started to get it bad all sorts of people come to me to tell me their stories about their run in with acne. And because I am cornered in such a situation, there is nothing to do but to be couragous and look them in the eyes and... talk about it.

Otherwise, I did when I had to get an appointment at the derm a few years ago. And sometimes I brush on the topic briefly in my Livejournal...

That's it.

My pet (who also happened to be my boyfriend when I couldn't get one), Peanut Butter, was given to my grandparents. I told that dog everything. I would tell him but I don't think my grandparents would think I'm sane anymore if I called their house asking to speak to Peanut Butter the Maltese.

yeah..it doesnt embarass me at all. i dont see it as a big deal.. i dont complain about it..i just talk about the stuff im doing to my face and the chemical peels.. and whatever else is on my mind. now that im clearing up (literally clear) a couple of my friends have asked me what i did and i tell them.. and if i had a friend who had acne as bad as mine i would definetly try to help him or her and talk to her about all the shit i went through.

my girlfriend.

she sometimes brings stuff up.

"your acne is getting better."

"your face is so fricking dry."

etc.

and she knows i'm doing all i can to treat it.

I keep and kept everything inside. It might not be the best way to deal, but it's just the way I've always been. I'm a very private person.

hey you change your username! ^ which one u had? :wacko:

lol at macnchez :lol:

Yeah. I did. I was formerly Levuloseestego but decided it was time for a change since most of my screen names are levuloseestego.

i'm too embarrassed to talk to anyone about acne! it's jus calling attention to my skin & they'll prolly just stare. I joined this site bcuz I'm sick of it & ther e are other pplz here that have it. SO MANY PEOPLE at my school have like perfect skin, , who would i talk 2?

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I talk to my girlfriend about it, and my Mum every now and then. I don't see my parents much more than once a month, so it's a bit hard to get talking about acne.

None of my friends would want to hear about it. Not that i see many of them anyway.

I really don't talk about it much to anyone. Once in a while to my mom, but I stopped this as well because she always tells me that I need to be glad something else isn't wrong with me etc.

I don't talk about it to my bf either because I don't think there is much to say since it really is difficult to understand unless one has been through it.

You know, we really need someone with really bad acne to go around and scream out "LOOK AT MY ACNE!!!!" and basically joke about it...like some celebrity...where his acne is his "schtick." There's just too much of a stigma attached.

lol

I should do that.

That, and also, "LOOK AT MY SMALL PENIS!"

(yes, it is small, but it has magical qualities that make up for its smallness)

I don't talk to anyone about my skin. When my skin got dramatically worse in a matter of a few months, my mom didn't try to talk about it too much, but I took the hint when she handed me a thing of Proactiv that she ordered. Of course, the damn stuff didn't do a thing to help my skin. Now that I think of it, the last time I saw her (beginning of January this year), my skin still sucked pretty bad. She'll be in for a surprise when I come back in June.

I talk to most of the people I talk with about it. But that's not a whole lot of people - my hubby, his family, my sister, and occasionally my boss. It's not a big deal to me.

lol, i dont have a pet so i dont talk to it, wait i have a turtle but i think its dead who knows

lol! I'm sorry I found this funny. Anyway, Intoxi, you're clearing up good! Just a few more months and your skin will be completely clear!!! :dance:

-------

In the beginning, when I would only get a few bumps here and there ("the first stages"), I didn't talk about it to anyone else but my mom. As it started to get worse a few months later, I revealed to my very close friend the worries I had and how I didn't know what to do anymore because I had tried so many things and nothing seemed to work. She was pretty encouraging and was very understanding about the whole issue. Other than her, I wouldn't bring it up to anyone else. But it's really great if you could talk to someone about it. Then again, that's why we have this site and this forum. I found this place to be a relief and it's helped me loads with dealing with this.

thank you potty ^^, i dont know if u have a gallery but i hope u get clear soon too :D

my friends are very understanding too, and thats why i love them, cause they dont care about my appearance.., and of course, the org is the most useful site in da worldd! ;)