Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Haha well,

I haven't cried in over 10 years now and some people say that its not healthy.

Does anyone know whether it serves any purpose?

I think I've forgotten how to cry really.

Anytime I try to cry, even when feeling shitty, I just end up laughing.

I just can't seem to cry.

What to do...

I wouldn't worry about it too much. The fact that you laugh instead is probably a good thing - laughing is good for you! I wish I could laugh in bad situations.

Guest Hi   Im Bitter

As long as you show some emotion, i.e. laughing; you should be fine. Just don't keep your frustrations bottled up, or else you'll erupt.

Crying is good as long as its not everyday. I think crying once a year is enough.

Yeah, if ever I start crying I look at myself in the mirror, then burst out laughing, dunno why, maybe it's just weird to see myself crying...not that it happens often...maybe a few months?

I read somewhere that crying is actually as good for your body and mind as laughing, but dont cry like a b!tch for everything !!

Meh.

I cry over everything. Like the other day, while driving, I accidently cut another driver off. I felt bad because I hate it when people do that to me. Plus, my boyfriend was sort of scared and said that I nearly killed them. He was only joking around though.

But then, I see the other car change lanes and speed up. I suddenly felt a HUGE sinking feeling. The unshaven rough looking driver motioned to my boyfriend to roll down the window. AND then he yelled at me. I could only catch a few words, of course, because I was driving and he was in the other car. But from what I heard and what jesters he made, it made me feel rotten.

So I just burst out crying in front of everyone and pulled off the road to finish up.

And then later that day my step mother wanted to stain a cabnet that my mother and I bought years ago when I was a kid. (My mom passed away 6 years ago and I strongly dislike my stepmother.) I asked her nicely to just leave it as it is and to keep it where my mom had it in the hallway. After all it is one of the few things that have not changed. She just looked at me and said "things change" and went to my father. He said that she could stain it. So I started to cry and I stole the cabnet and took it to my grandma (on my mom's side) crying the whole way.

People tell me not to cry. But it's how I cope. (When I'm happy I cry too)

<3 Lindsay red eyes!

voila -

'Scientists have discovered that the emotional tears contain higher levels of manganese and the hormone prolactin, and this contributes in a reduction of both of these in the body; thus helping to keep depression away. Many people have found that crying actually calms them after being upset, and this is in part due to the chemicals and hormones that are released in the tears'

'Tears flow from our eyes when we cry because they contain chemicals and hormones produced by our bodies.

When we become upset, our brains and bodies overreact and work overtime by producing chemicals and hormones.

Crying helps eliminate these extra chemicals that we don't need.

The chemicals and hormones disappear from our body through the form of tears. As our tears flow, they sooth our sadness or distress by withdrawing these chemical agents.

That is why many people feel calmer or more refreshed after crying--because the tears get rid of these hormones that are produced when we are sad, happy, or distressed'

:angel:

Meh.

I cry over everything. Like the other day, while driving, I accidently cut another driver off. I felt bad because I hate it when people do that to me. Plus, my boyfriend was sort of scared and said that I nearly killed them. He was only joking around though.

But then, I see the other car change lanes and speed up. I suddenly felt a HUGE sinking feeling. The unshaven rough looking driver motioned to my boyfriend to roll down the window. AND then he yelled at me. I could only catch a few words, of course, because I was driving and he was in the other car. But from what I heard and what jesters he made, it made me feel rotten.

So I just burst out crying in front of everyone and pulled off the road to finish up.

And then later that day my step mother wanted to stain a cabnet that my mother and I bought years ago when I was a kid. (My mom passed away 6 years ago and I strongly dislike my stepmother.) I asked her nicely to just leave it as it is and to keep it where my mom had it in the hallway. After all it is one of the few things that have not changed. She just looked at me and said "things change" and went to my father. He said that she could stain it. So I started to cry and I stole the cabnet and took it to my grandma (on my mom's side) crying the whole way.

People tell me not to cry. But it's how I cope. (When I'm happy I cry too)

<3 Lindsay red eyes!

me too, exactly. the car thing has happened to me. i take everything way too personally, and whenever i'm upset or angry or bothered i cry, i just can't help it. its really kind of annoying. mostly i cry before i get sad, or just get teary at random. gahh!

Guest Hi   Im Bitter

I am what I eat. :D

last time I cried was when one of my best friends died about a year ago. Other then that I haven't cried since elementary school. I don't think crying is just for pussies though.

Guest Tenshi

i cry at least once every 2 weeks..

Uhm, physical pain doesn't cause me to cry either.

I usually let out a brief "Fuck!".

Maybe you have no heart, tinman? :(

Yeah, I can't remember the last time I cried out of physical pain, and that includes the time I split my head open right across the top inches above the top of the forehead. Ouch.

Guest Hi   Im Bitter

Do you have any back up career plans? Acne is unpredictible, and since your profession relies soley on your looks, you will continue to suffer.

Another life ruined by acne. :(

Do you have any back up career plans? Acne is unpredictible, and since your profession relies soley on your looks, you will continue to suffer.

Another life ruined by acne. :(

ME? I'm not a model!!! I don't know how this surfaced. I wanted to be one for fun/money, but I'm already investing all my time into a legitimate career. I have had a few pics taken, but that's it! See my post on not knowing which is worse: a crappy life with acne, or a good one ruined by it (or whatever the topic was).

I have always wondered why some people seem to cry a lot while others almost never do it. Is it really true that guys cry less than girls? Some may say that guys hide it more due to gender stereotypes set up by our society, but honestly, every bf I have ever had or even guy friends seem to seldom cry, if ever.

Furthermore, just because one doesn't cry, does that mean he or she is more insensitive than a person who cries often? Is it possible that one may feel really sad without crying and that the level of sadness equals to another person experiencing the same thing, but actually crying about it?