Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Scorpio

Vegetarians and Acne

I don't think I've ever seen a vegetarian with acne.

Perhaps someone would like to investigate this 'cause I know I'm way too lazy.

Yep, I was a vegan when I got acne. Funny part is, veganism may have indirectlycontributed. I'm still in the process of confirming this through testing. But I show symptoms of hypothyroid and excess estrogen, which could be linked to excessive soy consumption. It wasn't like I was living off of processed soy junk either. I always ate mostly whole foods, but did use soymilk and eat tofu almost daily for about 5 yrs, plus some occasional other soy stuff, like soy yogurt, cheese or burgers.

SO, if you're gonna go that route, fine, but please read about the dangers of TOO MUCH soy consumption. Don't be freaked out by a little tofu, but please don't rely on soy for your protein. I tried to stay vegan and eat less soy, so I was relying on beans mainly for protein, which isn't impossible at all. But it can be tough since I generally stay away from canned beans, and beans take a long time to cook. So some days, I just wasn't getting enough protein. I still mostly eat beans for protein, but have also started eating wild fish and organic eggs and drinking raw goat milk.

Anyway, it eventually came down to my health? or my ethics?

http://www.soyonlineservice.co.nz/

Guest pppapillon

Note: I don't CARE if you eat meat or eat dairy and have nothing against you and I don't write this to offend anyone. I just don't eat them. I've only been a vegetarian for 1.5 years, but I'm loving it. =o)

This is just my opinion and facts/research based on:

http://www.goveg.com

http://www.milksucks.com

http://peta.org/

Farm animals (expecially: pigs, cows, and chickens) are fed various drugs to stimulate growth, make them fat, and produce a lot of milk. And these drugs include A LOT of antibioticsand hormones. (And, NO, the dairy/meat producers DON'T tell you this.)

The fact that you were a vegetarian for A COUPLE of YEARSwill NOT make a difference on the state of your acne because you, when you were YOUNGER, may have been fed dairy and meat by your parents.

PLUS, your parents probably consumed a lot of milk and meat (when they were pregnant) since they think it's good for you and the baby.

My parents' parents (i.e. my grandparents on BOTH sides) have been COMPLETE vegans (no meat, dairy, fish, eggs) for all their lives. (They are still alive! :wub: ) My parents did not have any acne problems (I've seen their teenage and adult pictures) - i.e. they had clear skin. No pimples, nada. They have clear skin now.

Then, in the 80s (I was born in the year 83), the dairy producers started stressing that milk is good for you, so most parents were "brainwashed" by the mass media telling them this and fed us dairy products. So NOW, along with the hormones that we have in our body and the extra harmful chemicals, antibiotics, hormones from dairy, meat, lotions, we have worse acne problems than we would've had if we didn't consume any of those harmful things.

And, cow milk is for baby calfs, not for you. You had your mom's milk to drink when you were a baby (that is, if you were lucky enough to be breast fed for a long time). Why drink another species' milk? Would you drink rat's milk if they said it was good for you?

Plus, my family doctor doesn't consume meat and dairy products. I asked him if he does and he said he doesn't.

When I have my baby/babies in the future, I'm not going to feed her/him dairy or meat. Doing that would gross me out and will not be able to forgive myself.

I'm strongly against eating drug, hormone and other chemical infested meat and dairy. If you are going to eat meat, I suggest you buy free range/organic meat. Also, not all fish are from the man-free sea. Most are farm raised and fed antibiotics. I also suggest soy or rice milk instead of cow milk. Read your labels.

:D

jeeez sooner or later people are gonna be saying cows were ubducted by aliens, fed moon spore, and then beamed back to earth AND therefore.... beef and dairy sucks. im sure the animals are given hormones and what not... but c'mon there's not a conspiracy out there to make the world unhealthy.

the 3 lonely vegans at my school are some of the unhealthiest looking people i've seen. they have the same acne as the rest of us. also, one of them has to go for vitamin injections ehehehhe.

i have nothing against veggies, but i disagree with a sensationalist way they put their info forward

I'm a lacto-vegetarian which means I still drink milk and eat cheese etc. (organic of course :P). I really don't think it makes a difference, I've had cycles of being clear and being broken out (I've been a vegetarian for over 5 years). I take care of myself and that's really important when you make the choice to stop eating meat, you have to make up for it...the loss of protein etc. I think, over all, it makes you more healthy, heart health blah blah blah...but I don't think it has anything to do with acne.

I don't think I've ever seen a vegetarian with acne.

Perhaps someone would like to investigate this 'cause I know I'm way too lazy.

No offense, but I think you haven't seen many people lately I guess.