Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
timbo2600

Just bought some jojoba oil today.

After reading all of the positive feedback on jojoba oil, I decided to give it a try. All I can say is wow. It feels "wrong" putting an oil on my face, but that feeling quickly subsided when I noticed how quickly and naturally the oil absorbed into my skin. I can't think of a single negative thing to say about it, it's just the perfect facial moisturizer. It has almost no scent, and the minor scent it does have is very mild and not unpleasant at all. That is a huge improvement over the odd chemical smell of most moisturizers, even Eucerin. It also dries on the skin perfectly. It is probably the only moisturizer I have ever used that hasn't left a shine on my face. It even seems to have made my "BP wrinkles" almost non-existent.

I wish I would have found this a long time ago. Now I just have to wait and see if it makes my face break out :confused: . I'm sure it wont though. I did a search on jojoba oil on these boards and I couldn't find a single negative comment on it.

Yea, I've been using it for a week now and I LOVE it! Before using it the thought of putting oil on my skin, scared the hell out of me, but it's doing the job so well I'm still amazed how soft my skin is, but not oily, it's weird!

Yes, i myself love jojoba!!! I also use Tea Tree oil, Lavender Oil, and Bergamot oil, and I love them all!

The whole "don't put oil on your face" rumor was started by the cosmetic industry. They don't want you to use organic oils on your face, but they think you should slap on a shitload of chemicals that absorb into your body and damage your organs.

I know for a fact this is all true, plus they are discovering that certain chemicals in cosmetics are cancer and other disease causing.......

timbo...what brand and where did you buy it? thank you... :D

I went to my local vitamin shop/health food store and I found some. The brand I bought is Desert Essence. They have a website, just google them. They had regular jojoba oil for $10 and the organic for $15. They are both 100% jojoba oil, but the organic has to conform to certain guidelines meaning no pesticides were used on the plants. You would probably be fine with the regular, but I buy organic everything whenever possible. This stuff might seem expensive but you only need a couple drops for your entire face.

timbo...what brand and where did you buy it? thank you... :D

I went to my local vitamin shop/health food store and I found some. The brand I bought is Desert Essence. They have a website, just google them. They had regular jojoba oil for $10 and the organic for $15. They are both 100% jojoba oil, but the organic has to conform to certain guidelines meaning no pesticides were used on the plants. You would probably be fine with the regular, but I buy organic everything whenever possible. This stuff might seem expensive but you only need a couple drops for your entire face.

Thank you... :wavey:

For all you jojoba people:

I'm also thinking about trying it, but I'm wondering how to get spf protection as well. Do any of you apply sunscreen after or anything?

Actually I use tanning as a means to keep my acne clear, so I don't care for the spf. I did read that jojoba oil offers some small spf protection, 10 or less. If your skin is sensitive to sunlight then I would apply a thin layer of sunscreen after the jojoba.

Thank you...

You're welcome. I become more pleased with this stuff every day. I found that after I wake up my skin looks great, where as with normal moisturizers it used to be dry. I don't think I'm ever going to put a bottle of strange chemicals on my face again.

Desert Essence is the BEST BRAND. Not only is it cheap but works good. I use it for my body, face, and as a hair treatment in the shower works great!!!