Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Is there any reason why you guys don't want to just get a real tan? Has the paranoia of cancer risk caused you to live the rest of your lives in fear of sunlight? :ninja:

Tanning causes premature aging, causing the skin to appear leathery and wrinkled, and also damages the immune system.

is that not reason enough?

and yes.. that includes tanning beds

Tanning causes premature aging, causing the skin to appear leathery and wrinkled, and also damages the immune system.

Premature aging, I will give you that. I would disagree on damaging the immune system. Lack of UV exposure has been shown to cause depression, vitamin deficiencies, among other health problems.

My standpoint is that tanning clears up my acne and makes me look good now, while I am young. Looks hold an exponentially higher value at young age than they do at old age, for a man anyway. If my choice is acne now and less wrinkles later, or beautiful skin now and more wrinkles later, I choose the latter.

Premature aging, I will give you that. I would disagree on damaging the immune system. Lack of UV exposure has been shown to cause depression, vitamin deficiencies, among other health problems.

My standpoint is that tanning clears up my acne and makes me look good now, while I am young. Looks hold an exponentially higher value at young age than they do at old age, for a man anyway. If my choice is acne now and less wrinkles later, or beautiful skin now and more wrinkles later, I choose the latter.

:clap:

naw i aint really worried.. just that its winter... and its cheaper than going to tan salons... plus that shit could break u out

naw i aint really worried.. just that its winter... and its cheaper than going to tan salons... plus that shit could break u out

My tanning place only charges $20 a month for unlimited. I have never broken out as a result of tanning, it is actually the only thing that keeps my skin clear.

your right.. its your decision to make.. but i highly doubt youll be thinking the same thing in 5-10 years.. you say you dont care about wrinkles now.. but wait until it actually happens.. go look at all the people who age early.. and ask them how they feel about it.. ive seen several people say they tanned earlier to keep acne at bay and would take it back any day.. but its your choice in the end and it sounds like your fine with it.

it does maye your skin dry and leathery...i was doin great with a tan..covered scars...when i stopped..boy did i pay...if im gonna tan id rather get a sun kissed glow from the real sun

how old are you now???? I said that when I was 26 and now I am 31 and way too young to be seeing the effects of it! I had the same attitude, I do look so much better with a tan...but I thought maybe I wouldn't see the wrinkles til 40 or 50----not 30! YUCK! Try finding a wrinkle cream that won't affect your acne!