Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
GdG

Drink Milk - love life? NO! - HATE LIFE.

DRINK MILK and HATE LIFE

http://www.notmilk.com/gotzits.html

http://www.milksucks.com/zits.asp

I noticed a friend who is a vegetarian is completely zit free and has beautiful smooth skin. She never eats fat, and she never drinks milk.

I noticed when I eat cereal w/ special K to loose weight I get acne all over.

SO i searched on the internet what the relation with milk and zits is - and well, I learned a lot.

I also went vegetarian since I read those two sites.

and STOP USING CHEMICALS ON YOUR SKIN!

so your saying ALL VEGETERIANS DONT HAVE ACNE? pretty bold claim...wait lemme say...pretty retarded claim.

Once the pigs, lambs and chickens are gone, we're coming after you vegeterians

I agree. Cows milk is food for baby cows. Heated cows milk isn't food for anything (a baby cow wouldn't even survive on it.) Not to even mention the added hormones/antibiotics that may being present in non-organic milk. The thing about dairy is that it's very addictive. This is why young kids don't like to drink milk at first, but after the have it a few times, they get addicted and start to enjoy it, kinda like alcohol. Then people get all offended and pissed off when you tell them milk is bad for them, because there so addicted they can't imagine giving it up. Ever try telling a smoker not to smoke cause it's bad for them? They don't take to kindly to it either.

Fat is essential to life. We NEED fat, the good kinds that is. Saturated fats found in coconut oil are very beneficial, as are essential fatty acids. Bad fats are trans fats, hydrogenated oils and fats like those found in pork fat.

DRINK MILK and HATE LIFE

http://www.notmilk.com/gotzits.html

http://www.milksucks.com/zits.asp

I noticed a friend who is a vegetarian is completely zit free and has beautiful smooth skin. She never eats fat, and she never drinks milk.

I noticed when I eat cereal w/ special K to loose weight I get acne all over.

SO i searched on the internet what the relation with milk and zits is - and well, I learned a lot.

I also went vegetarian since I read those two sites.

and STOP USING CHEMICALS ON YOUR SKIN!

Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Im vegan and I dont drink milk but damnit I sure as hell had some serious acne. You're friend never eats fat? Does she just drink water? How exactly do you not eat any fat? And how exactly do you live with out fat its necessary for our bodies to function properly.

When you eat special K serial did you possibly think that it wasnt the milk but the oats? I am a firm believer in people not cutting out foods or food groups unless they have a food alergy or other medical reasons or strong ethical beliefs but a lot of people have allergic reactions to wheats, grains, oats. Maybe thats your case no just milk? Because if its only happening with a certain cereal or just with cereal why would you conclude that its milk if youre also eating cheese and other dairy products and they dont break you out?

Becuase I recently began eating the Vector cereal , and it is apparently loaded with vitamins and minerals,

And zits came back. And I also tried the BranFlakes or whatever they call it, I Look at the past and I noticed the Only thing that I Did not change from tying millions of different diets is the milk.

Chill Out People, geeze you gives some advice and you get jumped.

and who ever said Dont believe in what you read on the internet - You think I'm someone NEW to this ?

i've been on every possible drug doctors fed me - the internet is full of reasons that Make sense as to why these drugs Dont work - and full of side effects that Did occur from these drugs - so Who SHOULD i bileve my Rich Doctor who wouldn't even give me a brief list of accutane side effects when I asked ? Or the Internet. I think the internet will speak more truth than a doctor will.

anyway, If you DONT LIKE my advice - ignore it! And move on.

For those of you who do - I encourage you to read those links and try cutting out the milk!

so your saying ALL VEGETERIANS DONT HAVE ACNE? pretty bold claim...wait lemme say...pretty retarded claim.

Once the pigs, lambs and chickens are gone, we're coming after you vegeterians

Yeah dont drink milk at all, because 3/4 of us are lactose intolerant which helps us get acne when we drink milk so... dont drink it, believe me, according to my bio teacher her brother used to drink milk like a fish drinks water (do they?) and he had acne (not sure how serious) and all sorts of other fun stuff (diarreah, nausia) and for whatever reason he stopped drinking milk for a while nad hsi face cleared up and the other fun symptoms stopped so... i suggest not drinking milk and seeing what happens, as far as fats are concerned? i dont know :D

Edit: err... saturated fat? that raises your LDL(bad cholestrol) eat polyunsaturated(lowers LDL and HDL(good cholestrol) (found in sesame oil, safflower oil, sunflower seeds, corn and soybean and other random nuts) and monounsaturated(lowers LDL) (in red wine and olive oil and peanuts) more often...

btw i know a vegetarian with acne.

is there a real study where they say sat fat raises chlosterol..i heard its more hereditary anyway coconut oil will normalize metabolism and the fat easiest to hydronate or go transfat is unsat fats by cooking..... im sure thats one things that goes wrong when pasteurizing the cows milk. its probably not the sat fat giving ya problems but the unsat fats being less stable in the milk.... try it raw if its legal in your state. im sure there will be no problems

here is a link http://www.beyondhealth.com/coconutoil.htm

i just found it funny how some of these unsatfats can suppress thyroid function

You liver makes 80% of your cholesterol regarless of what you eat for the most part. That's why exercise, moderate drinking, food fats, and soluble fiber is essential. They all help scrub your arteries clean of the bad stuff.

Also, I saw an old man that lived to be 105 and he never ate spicy foods therefore if you never eat spicy foods you will live to be 105. Oh wait...

sorry for not being so specific - never eats bad fats. she doesn't take any supplements, she only eats healthy foods, fish vegetables and fruits.

Fish is not a vegetable. People who eat fish are not vegetarians. Pet peeve.

i've been a vegetarian since birth, never tasted meat in my entire life

i can't stress how important getting good fats is, not getting enough is likely to cause a clogged liver and acne. I think getting enough EFA's is one of the most essential things to stress.

Limiting your fat is extremely unhealthy.

Don't drink milk unless it's raw unpasteurized.

have u ever came to the conclusion that your friend might just have naturally good skin?

In my opinion everyone has naturally good skin, it's the years unnatural things that get put into your body which fuck it up.

Bad fats are trans fats, hydrogenated oils and fats like those found in pork fat.

Trans-fats are definitely bad fats, but you left out another whole category: OXIDIZED fats are EXTREMELY bad fats.

I doubt that "fats like those found in pork fat" are particularly bad for you, as long as they're not oxidized.

Cows milk is food for baby cows.

That's a stupid thing to say. What makes you assume that something designed for baby cows can't also be nutritious for humans?

Bryan

That's a stupid thing to say. What makes you assume that something designed for baby cows can't also be nutritious for humans?

Bryan

Logic. Cows and humans are different and they have different nutritional needs. Humans have only been drinking cows milk for a very short time in our existence, so I doubt that we have been able to evolve quickly enough to make cows milk part of an optimal diet.

No,we evolve very quickly. Again, we can eat certain foods(Mainlymushrooms), that would make our grandparents sick. Yogurt is one of the oldest recorded foods that we processed. We have been using it since humans started recording history thousands of years ago. Ergo, milk was drunk as well.

Most Europeans except for the really southern ones can process milk and their ancestors. I know blacks and indians that can process milk as well because their great grandparents were exposed to it and so on. I can process milk just fine, no matter if it's goats, cows, etc....

If we are using your logic, we have been eating many veggies and fruits for even less of a time than dairy so we shouldn't eat those right? Fruitbats eat certain mango like fruits so we shouldn't eat those right? Bears eat berries and deer so we shouldn't right?

No,we evolve very quickly. Again, we can eat certain foods(Mainlymushrooms), that would make our grandparents sick. Yogurt is one of the oldest recorded foods that we processed. We have been using it since humans started recording history thousands of years ago. Ergo, milk was drunk as well.

Most Europeans except for the really southern ones can process milk and their ancestors. I know blacks and indians that can process milk as well because their great grandparents were exposed to it and so on. I can process milk just fine, no matter if it's goats, cows, etc....

How do people evolve that dramatically over 3 generations? I'm legitimately asking, because I have no clue. Is there really a genetic change? Is it just that we are exposed to a food from birth during important digestive formative years? (I have no idea, and because of that, these questions might be really dumb.)

Also, just because we are able to survive off of a food, that doesn't necessarily mean it is good for us in the long run, does it? Maybe we evolved to digest it enough to get energy from it, but that doesn't necessarily mean that other organs have evolved to handle the proteins/other substances totally correctly yet, does it?? (I apologize if these questions are really dumb)

lol wata funny thread, but sorry i disagree with ur claim completely.. it may work for some ppl but i can easily argue by mentioning the large amount of ppl who have beautiful skin yet they eat all the sorts of junk and milk or watever..

but again, ur claim may work for some ppl but i aint going to eat grass and ditch my meat

Bryan

Logic. Cows and humans are different and they have different nutritional needs. Humans have only been drinking cows milk for a very short time in our existence, so I doubt that we have been able to evolve quickly enough to make cows milk part of an optimal diet.

I find it hilarious that you apparently think that cow's milk is so vastly different from human milk, it evidently requires HUNDREDS of thousands of years (rather than just the THOUSANDS of years that humans have been drinking cow's milk) for us to adapt to it.

Here's a big newsflash for you: our digestive systems are pretty efficient at breaking-down even strange foods that our bodies haven't had any previous experience with. For example, caviar (FISH EGGS, for chrissake) are considered a delicacy by many people! How "natural" to the human body do you think FISH EGGS are? And yet many people pay a pretty penny for them! ;)

Bryan

I find it hilarious that you apparently think that cow's milk is so vastly different from human milk, it evidently requires HUNDREDS of thousands of years (rather than just the THOUSANDS of years that humans have been drinking cow's milk) for us to adapt to it.

Here's a big newsflash for you: our digestive systems are pretty efficient at breaking-down even strange foods that our bodies haven't had any previous experience with. For example, caviar (FISH EGGS, for chrissake) are considered a delicacy by many people! How "natural" to the human body do you think FISH EGGS are? And yet many people pay a pretty penny for them! ;)

Bryan

It isn't possible that there are proteins in cows milk that we haven't totally adapted to, yet? (For extended periods of time as adults). Or wheat, for that matter? So we have evolved to use milk/wheat for energy, allowing us to not die for a substantial amount of time. But does that necessarily mean that we are optimally suited for them in the long run? I mean, wheat/milk products make up such a substantial portion of the modern diet.

Maybe if we all switched to eating fish eggs several times a day for years.... might we develop low-grade, previously unheard of symptoms? (I'm not a bio expert, so this is just beginner's speculation)

Yes I always thought it was bad for the skin and I have found out it does make me break out more when I drink it, but I guess the reason is people rather get there Vitamin D and Calcium from milk rather than taking pills, true Sun gives vitamin D but I guess people want more. Especially during winter. And all those advertisements of growing taller if you drink milk gets people to drink it and the losing weight ads. But I get what you mean, but I don't think I could cut it out. Sometimes I try but then I kinda miss drinking it.

milk may be bad for some people's skin, but just because your friend doesn't have acne and doesn't drink milk doesn't mean that milk causes acne. i know plenty of people who drink tons of milk and have bad diets, but perfect skin, and you can have the best diet in the world and still have acne, depending on your genetics, personally i never drink milk because i don't like it, and i still got acne. if milk aggravates your acne, then don't drink it. but, there is no one thing that is going to work for everyone.