Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
blonde-x-with-x-brains

give a little get a lot

okay i know i'm not the only one that has a huge problem in the circle of picking! I pick, regret it, assure myself il neva do it agen then do it agen and see scank face, and this pattern repeats itself all th time

im sure many viewers have the same problem, if so HELP with all the tips you have up your sleeve.

Any thing can help, minor or major, pitch in and read through what everyone says helps them

Together, we can find something that can help us.

please write and give your advice, no matter what it is.

My advice is:

*Where gloves whilst you sleep (you pick unawearing in your sleep)

*Cut nails short

*Hide your mirror

Guilty here. I'd stop picking if my acne went away lol, if me and acne could just have a sit down and talk and reach an understanding I'd be willing to make that compromise :D

Yeah picking bad leaves scars, make face ugly...

My advice is to keep in mind that whenever you pick or pop a pimple you will always end up with a red mark that lasts months or maybe even a scar. When I used to pick at my face, right afterwards I regreted it and stayed inside my house until I felt my face was good enough to go outside.

I also want to say that picking or popping pimples spreads germs rapidly causing even more pimples. Ever since I stopped, my acne has calmed down significantly (about 95%) and I am feeling alot better about my self. I hope this info helps. Good luck everyone.

I think the best is treating your acne so you get to the point you don’t have to pick at your face or not as much

Telling your self not to pick is good if you have the will power, but I mean for people like me even though I know I shouldn’t do it the urge is just too strong and I forget to remind myself not to pick. It beats me every time.

I don’t want to be negative though and I guess if you can tell yourself not to pick more power to you.

My tips, although some are already mentioned:

1) Remove all unneccesary mirrors.

2)Cut your nails short.

3) Pay attention to the circumstances where you do pick, so you can concentrate your self control in these situations. (I really pick when I have just got out of the shower)

Yeah i try and try and try not to pick... what i found works is... not a lot cause i still pick and i hate myself for it :( but... arrgh i almost think i like to pick...

I was just wonderin..... sometimes wen u pick wat is that solid wax like solid that comes out? is it just the dirt and grime that clogged ur pores? cause sometimes there isnt pus just a solid dirt and grime wax like object which leaves little scarring...

I was just wonderin..... sometimes wen u pick wat is that solid wax like solid that comes out? is it just the dirt and grime that clogged ur pores? cause sometimes there isnt pus just a solid dirt and grime wax like object which leaves little scarring...

I think it is oil and dead skin cells.

Yeah i try and try and try not to pick... what i found works is... not a lot cause i still pick and i hate myself for it :( but... arrgh i almost think i like to pick...

haha! I SO know what you mean!

I know it's terrible... but I just can't stop....

Lu x :wacko:

When you are about to pick your face, just think of all the dirt, germs, and oils you have on your fingers. Take a look at them under a bright light and then think about touching your face with that. Eww. Just leave your face alone and i promise you'll see a huge improvement.

okay i know i'm not the only one that has a huge problem in the circle of picking! I pick, regret it, assure myself il neva do it agen then do it agen and see scank face, and this pattern repeats itself all th time

im sure many viewers have the same problem, if so HELP with all the tips you have up your sleeve.

Any thing can help, minor or major, pitch in and read through what everyone says helps them

Together, we can find something that can help us.

please write and give your advice, no matter what it is.

My advice is:

*Where gloves whilst you sleep (you pick unawearing in your sleep)

*Cut nails short

*Hide your mirror

i'm also very guilty for causing my face uneeded trauma by picking and squeezing....but here are some things that have helped me deal with it...now i have it much more under control

1) try not to spend too much time in front of mirror....this way ur just asking for it

and 2) when i get home at night to wash my face i usually do it in the DARK in my bathroom so that i can see my face but i wont be temped to pick at anything... this has really worked for me

remember its all MENTAL

I've always had a problem with picking both active pimples and old dried up ones/scabs. It was my new years resolution this year NOT to pick...but that didn't last long....it's so irresistable for some reason :doh: Now I find that instead of picking a pimple...I just poke it with a needle (sterilized) because I read about it on acne.org. That way it stops bothering me....and empties out...without leaving all the damage picking can do. As far as dry skin or scabs...I don't start picking until I see it lifting up off the skin by itself...then I figure it's safe to gently 'scrape' at (I use my pinky nail just to be extra gentle hehe) and if I see blood or anything else telling me it's not ready...I leave it alone!

I know this may sound corny, but here's what has helped me:

I got out a calendar and at the end of every day beside the corresponding number, I put either a check mark (for a pickfree day) or an X (for a pick day including the number of spots I popped). It helps sometimes just to keep a record of things to show whether or not you're getting any better at controlling the habit. After many ups and downs, I managed to go 15 days without picking and I found an AMAZING improvement in my complexion! Smooth and clearer... but then last night, while scrutinizing my face in the mirror, I found some tiny bumps emerging and screwed up my face BIG TIME. So now I'm facing the consequences. DAMMIT...

Anyway... the key is to keep breaking each new pick-free record... so 15+ pick-free days, here I come!

....and not to go insane when you've slipped back into your old ways....because it takes time/patience/faith

Another thing that helps:

- discard any hand mirrors etc...

- discard pins etc....

- put a post-it note on your bathroom mirror reminding yourself not to pick (if you share a bathroom with someone, put up a post-it with a smiley face on it and it'll remind you but not make you sound like a freakshow to anyone else who happens to see it)

Its hard not to pick when you see white heads all over the place... whiteheads are the devil. I would almost rather have a red mark than a whitehead honestly.

When I took my son to the derm, she used a commedone remover to get rid of a bunch of his blackheads. She showed me the tool and I bought one just like it at www.bodytoolz.com. (you can get them on ebay too I think) She said that some blackheads would pop right out with the tool while others would need to be "nicked" first.

I bought the tool that has the commedone remover on one end and the very sharp lancet on the other. My son loves it. His face looks really good after he uses it and he has gotten rid of alot of blackheads.

It's bad to pick, but if you are going to do it you may as well get the right tools. You can sterilize these tools and they seem to work pretty well.

Lastly, don't every use a sterilized pin on your face. I did this and I got little pinhole scars.

never again...i swear this last week i havent picked at all, besides 1 small scab (which wasnt a good idea) and my skin looks SOOOO much better. sure therre may still be spots but at least they arent red and inflamed surrounded by damaged skin from trying to squeeze and pick and all that shit.

DONT PICK!

easier said than done i guess.... :(:(:(: WAAAAAA!!!! i have millions of red marks all over my face again i hate it!!!! i was doing well for like 3 days.... but it didnt seem to make a difference so i got sick of the white heads and everything a squezzed them all and now i hate myself more than i did before hand. God i can never win!!

Picking is really bad for your skin? I noticed that if i dont pop i pimple they just pop themselves. So i just had walked around with a big whitehead on my skin. Imagine them popping by themself while you're in a conversation with someone? Thats not how i'd like to live. Then again, i don't want to live with acne at all!!!

I pick before i go into the shower. I was up, get out, and before i put lotion on i dab the popped pimples with toilet paper to clean up the ooze (which is nasty). I do this EVERYDAY TWICE A DAY! I always wake up with a zit to pop. I ALWAYS come home from school with new acne. DAMNIT! 3 and a half years of this. when will it end??

WOW I'm getting frustrated!

I think i'm taking such good care of my skin. I live a completely healthy lifestyle and I have this flaw.

SOO back on topic will i really notice my skin clearing if i leave it alone and let the pimples pop on their own?

Picking is really bad for your skin? I noticed that if i dont pop i pimple they just pop themselves. So i just had walked around with a big whitehead on my skin. Imagine them popping by themself while you're in a conversation with someone? Thats not how i'd like to live. Then again, i don't want to live with acne at all!!!

I pick before i go into the shower. I was up, get out, and before i put lotion on i dab the popped pimples with toilet paper to clean up the ooze (which is nasty). I do this EVERYDAY TWICE A DAY! I always wake up with a zit to pop. I ALWAYS come home from school with new acne. DAMNIT! 3 and a half years of this. when will it end??

WOW I'm getting frustrated!

I think i'm taking such good care of my skin. I live a completely healthy lifestyle and I have this flaw.

SOO back on topic will i really notice my skin clearing if i leave it alone and let the pimples pop on their own?

But ive heard that if you pop them (aka contact with ur skin) uyl b rubbing and fingering your skin which can cause more acne and damage the epidermis etc of the skin by squeezing etc, so its best not to and see the results, theyl b worth popping in a convo! trust xxx