Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
alisonjs122

I NEED TO STOP MESSING WITH MY SKIN, ASAP

UGH. SO fed up with myself. I can't get myself to stop messing with my face.

The more products I use on my skin, the worse it looks. It's so annoying though, becuase when I try to stop (limiting acne products in particular), I'm afraid my skin will break out more! However, when I OD on products, my skin just looks irritated. I feel as though I've gotten myself into a lose-lose situation! ANY advice on how to stop this vicious cycle would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone :(

I use to do that too. I used to feel that if I was doing nothing and didn't have something on my face at all times that it was gonna get worse. I would put on tazorac on my face like 3 times a day and not use moisturizer and my skin was sooo dry and irritated. It wasn't until like 2 months ago that I just stopped. I'm not sure how I did it. You just have to make yourself stop and be strong mentally. Try doing something else that will take your mind off your face. Just use a gentle cleanser and leave it alone the rest of the day to let your skin heal and breathe. Sorry. :(

UGH. SO fed up with myself. I can't get myself to stop messing with my face.

The more products I use on my skin, the worse it looks. It's so annoying though, becuase when I try to stop (limiting acne products in particular), I'm afraid my skin will break out more! However, when I OD on products, my skin just looks irritated. I feel as though I've gotten myself into a lose-lose situation! ANY advice on how to stop this vicious cycle would be greatly appreciated, thanks everyone :(

I DO THE SAME THING W/TAZORAC! Has your skin improved since you stopped with all the treatments? What does your regimen consist of now? Thank you!

Yes it has improved a lot. I got so tired of tazorac not working and just making my skin ugly and still having pimples at the same time so I just stopped using it completely because I read on here how using so many products for so long is what makes it worse. So now I'm just using Cetaphil and Neutrogena oil free acne wash to wash my face. I don't think my acne got any worse but my skin improved which made me feel alot better and it was nice to be able to put on makeup without the flaky skin and burning. Then I started using B5 which cleared up my face sooo much. I'm not using any topicals right now. Tazorac might not be so bad if you use it as directed. Just use a pea size amount for your whole face and then put moisturizer on top of it and only do it once a day. Just keep telling yourself not to over do it or it will get worse. I'm so sorry I know how you feel you just have to make yourself stop.