Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bigguy18

little white bumps?

I've been on the regimen for about 4 weeks and a couple days ago alot of little white bumps have popped up on my skin...1 set of the bumps appeared 2 weeks ago and they havent even diminished the littlest bit. while the others just popped up the other day...what are these? are they from shaving? or what

I'm not sure. Sounds like they may be milia, in which case adding in something that will exfoliate a bit may help. Can you find Eucerin Skin Renewal in your area?

ive come to the conclusion that the bumps are ingrown hairs..is there any thing i can do to fix this so that i dont have bumps on my face?

Ingrown hairs are not that common on the face. If they really are, you would probably not have more than 5 after a given shave.

It may also be irritation from shaving. I recommend you start with a new blade, wet your skin with very warm water and keep it wet for about 5 minutes (being in the shower is a great way to do this). Apply some good moisturizer and shave with the hair as to prevent the hair from getting cut too short (especially where it grows directionally such as on the neck and under the chin). Then apply some AHA moisturizer and be on your way.

Ingrown hairs should no longer be a problem and irritation should subside.

If it is an irritation issue, I highly recommend that you adjust your shaving habits to be much gentler, such as ditching the razor altogether for an electric one.

Edited by Function