Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allibaba

Just went to Dr. Rappaport's office

and he suggested for my chicken pox mark that I do - Subcision..and then some N Lite. $700 for sub and $650 for the N Lite.

He seems like he is very knowlegeable. The office is nice. The staff is a little odd. They interview you first before you see him.

Question: Has anybody had subcision for a chicken pox or indented scar and what happens to the BORDER of the scar? does the scar fill in and the BORDER disappears? any input would be appreciated - Thanks.

Those are ridiculous prices.... I don't know him but his prices are OBSCENE and that alone pisses me off I don't trust anyone that greedy... [-(

I went to see him for a consult and those were the same prices I was quoted. He is without a doubt the most expensive I have ever seen and I live on Park Ave in Manhattan where everyone is VERY expensive. For an office in some two bit building in NJ, he is in another world.

That said, I paid him. I saw him for some minor scarring I had on my cheeks and I mean minor enough that most people thought I was nuts but, it bothered me enough to pay anything to get it done.

I had previously attempted:

Artecol

Collegen injections

dermabrasion

excision

Nothing worked for me and I mean nothing. The excision left me with a worse scar than I started with. The artecol did nothing for my scars except raise the entire area up so now it looks like a raised mound with a scar in the middle of it. Collegen did the same thing as the artecol but, at least it disappeared after several weeks, the artecol will be with me for a long time. Finally the dermabrasion. Not micro dermabrasion, the real thing with the diamond burr wheel and everything. What it did was make my ice pick scar into a more rolling rounded scar. I also have hyperpigmentation where I had the dermabrasion, in 5 spots, that are still pink and red many months later.

So now you ask why did I pay him his insane prices? For one I made it clear that if it didn't improve I expect him to continue working on it until it did. Is it in writing, No. Do I have any guarantees, No. But if you knew me and my personality, if it isn't improved after all 3 of the procedures, I will not sit around quietly I will politely explain to Dr R that I spent nearly 2k based on his suggestions and I expect results for that amount of money.

I forgot to mention that I had subsicion yesterday as well as spot TCA treatment. I did this based on his suggestion that some of the large pores would respond better to the TCA while the old pores that are now rounded due to dermabrasion will respond better to subscision. I will see how my face responds to both and move ahead with whatever works best for me. I am going in tomorrow for Nlite, again at a cost of $650 on top of the $1000 for TCA and subscision. I am doing all of this so that if it doesn't work Dr R cannot say I didn't follow his exact request to do all 3 treatments. I will not allow him the opportunity to "get off the hook" with poor results by claiming it was my fault for omitting Nlite from the treatment.

If I get good or great results I will care very little about overpaing by a few or even several hundred dollars. My life, health and mental well being is worth it to me. He is one of the most experienced and only Dr's who can and does do all 3 of these procedures under one roof.

But, for both of our sakes, I better see something improved for all of this pain, down time and of course, money.

question: how did the subcision go? did you have a lot of bruising? did you go to work the next day? what kind of scars do you have? He seems like he is good and like you, I have minimal scarring that my husband thinks I am nuts for worrying about but would like to see if they can approve. He is expensive but if he improves us, its definately worth every penny. I too had an excision, it rounded out my scar but for all aggravation you think it would have worked. the stiches opened up. what a nightmare.

What do you think he will do for you in (i hope not) you complain to him that you spent 2K and nothing improved? I wonder if would give you a free treatment.....please let me know your thoughts...

How did the subscision go? Well so far all I see are dark red/purple bruises in the areas treated. There is swelling in the scar which makes it appear as if it worked but, I know the swelling will subside and then we will see the results.

I am not so bruised as not to leave my house, byt there is no way to cover these up, it looks like a port wine stain you see on some peoples faces.

I will try and post some before and after photos on this thread to show before, after subscision and tca and after Nlite. I am getting dressed to see him right now and will post back later.

As far as complaining goes we shall see. I can be very pursuasive when I need to be and if it really didn't work he should feel some obligation to make me feel better. I just hope it works so I don't need to find out.

great. thanks for the update and I look forward to hearing about what happened at today's visit (n-lite?) thanks for sharing...

A doctor i consulted with charges $1400(900USD) for subcision and i only want one scar done. I have asked around place to place and the average price is $450(290USD). The area he works in is very up market full of 40-50 somethings with Mercedes and BMWs, suprisingly its name is Neutral Bay. It should be called snobby or snooty bay. I can't believe he charges so much. I have spent a long time scraping even the smallest amount. I have to pay rent, food, study materials and car rego and maintenance and well lets just say times a tough. I have to find some sort of level ground and negotiate with him. I was too timid and accepting when i saw him. This time i have to argue with reason. I want to go to him because he has already helped someone on this board 60-70% through one subcision session. What if i don't get any improvement it will take me another 2 months to save that sort of money again.

Damn indifference, they just just spurt out a figure without examining each individual differently. This guy also charges $6500 for full face roll-cit. OMG what nerve! I can see through these inflated prices but others can't.

In an email to me he said you are paying for my time and expertise...what all 20 mins of it.

Can someone tell me how to insert photos? I have them on my hard drive and not at any url.

As far as Nlite goes, I have never in my life felt so cheated. I have no idea what the results will be but, I cn tell you that for $650 the Dr went to work on my skin for no more than 60 seconds, no exaggeration. It is a 5mm beam, about the size of a pencil eraser. He went around my cheeks and nose as the laser was on repeat and continued to pulse. 1 minute later the entire cheek and nose area was complete and I was $650 poorer. No noticeable difference in my skin appearance. It was as if nothing was done, no redness or swelling. It was also painless.

Now let's see how it works out.

nottoobad :

Is this the same Dr. Rappaport that is in NJ? Are you BEGINNING to see any results? If so are you pleased at all? Does he offer needling as well?

I am not a her I am a HIM!

The results so far are the best I have ever seen or achieved via any other method. HOWEVER>> It has only been a few weeks, my skin is still swollen and bruised and I am not certain if the results are permanent or as the result of swelling.

I wish I could post photos, they are quite impressive but, I do not have an url. Maybe I will open a yahoo account and use a link to that?

Prior to Dr R I had excision, dermabrasion collagen and injectable fillers, nothing worked.

Dr R did Nlite and subcision along with cross spot tca. Of all of the things I have done, Dr R's has been the most effective.

I am returning in a few weeks for a check up and will photograph then. Perhaps even get another round of Nlite on him if things aren't looking good I feel that is the least he can do.

Hope this helps.