Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey, been using the CSR for a month, and it works for the most part as long as im taking care of my body and not partying to much. Want to give some alpha hydroxy a shot.

Just got the Alpha Hydrox product in the mail, and want to get some advice before i apply it to my face.

So I do the CSR twice a day(basis soap/dan's bp/and just start euricin face renewl stuff). What is your guys recommendation on how to incorporate Alpha Hydrox into my regimen?

Which alpha hydrox product? I don't know that it makes a difference, except that if it has a lower AHA concentration and spf you could probably use it in the morning, whereas I could only use the souffle at night. In the morning I just cleanse, tone with witch hazel, and use moisturizer (without acids). At night I cleanse and tone, then apply duac gel, let it dry, and apply the souffle very lightly. If my skin feels especially sensitive I top it with aloe gel.

Which alpha hydrox product? I don't know that it makes a difference, except that if it has a lower AHA concentration and spf you could probably use it in the morning, whereas I could only use the souffle at night. In the morning I just cleanse, tone with witch hazel, and use moisturizer (without acids). At night I cleanse and tone, then apply duac gel, let it dry, and apply the souffle very lightly. If my skin feels especially sensitive I top it with aloe gel.

so are you not following the CSR at all? no BP?

so are you not following the CSR at all? no BP?

The Duac gel contains BP, plus clindamyacin (it's a prescription). I only use it at night because it looks gross under makeup, and I didn't really notice that using it twice a day was any more effective than using it once (if I'm staying home though I do use it in the morning).

Just experiment to see what works best for you. I use Dan's BP at night with no moisterizer. I use a different AHA moisterizer (Neutrogena Healthy Skin Lotion) during the day. Some people apply the AHA as a moisturizer after the BP. I personally found it made the BP clump too badly. It may not matter if you put the AHA on first and then the BP, but I never tried that. Just experiment to see what works for your skin.

Good Luck!

Guest PokaHotAz

use the search engine...