Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Teaspoon

My results with 100% pure aloe gel after 2 weeks

I have been doing a vitamin regimen to help heal and prevent acne. It consists primarily of B5(~5-6g a day time released, complimented by a B-complex) but I've been supplementing Vitamin C(3-5g a day) and Zinc citrate(30-90g a day, complemented by a multivitamin) as well.

The vitamins have helped tremendously, almost all my acne has cleared and the couple spots I have gotten since starting have been small and have healed quickly.

I recently started drinking 4 oz. of aloe vera juice a day(morning and night) and applying 100% pure aloe vera gel on my face throughout the day.

I was just looking at my face, it's been about 2 weeks since I started with the aloe vera gel and I must say, it is really helping with red marks. It has also helped heal any active spots I have.

As of now I apply aloe vera gel upto 4 or 5 times a day. These gels are designed for pain relief and healing for sunburns and light wounds, the directions usually state that it is okay to apply as often as you want with as liberal a dosage as you want. This is how I have started, but if I notice a problem, I will cut back. So far though, it's been smooth sailing and the outlook is good.

The first aloe gel I bought was 98% pure and contained some fragrances. I recently bought Fruit of the Earth brand 100% aloe vera gel and I think that the FotE brand is working better, but it might just be that I've been putting aloe on my face long enough.

All in all it is great, it makes my skin feel great, it doesn't cause me to breakout, and it is working.

Really pleased for you Teaspoon! I too was considering getting some 100% Aloe Vera, after reading such positive results on this forum, and I think your final post has convinced me further.

My acne has cleared considerably after my up take of Zinc Citrate, but as I am finding today, as I get ready to go out, all I have to do is get rid/hide these nasty red/purple marks left, and I can't!!!!! :mad:

So next stop - 100% Aloe Vera! Thanks.

I started using the FOTE Aloe Vera gel 2 days ago along with B5 vitamins, I hope it works!!!

I'm going to buy Zinc Citrate

I'm telling you, Zinc Citrate is my saviour, but I do take more than is stated on the box, but its amazing, and I can't believe the results, I just hope I have the same success with Aloe Vera!

Zinc Gluconate will work the same for the most part. The big difference between the two is that Zinc Citrate is more rapidly and easily absorbed into the body. Gluconate, not so much.

You can take Zinc Citrate on an empty stomach and not feel a thing(I have read that it is actually best to take on an empty stomach right before bed) Gluconate will make you want to vomit if you take it on an empty stomach and pretty much must be taken with food.

About Zinc though. Everything I have read states that it is *OKAY* to take a lot(100+ g a day) for a short period of time, like a week, but if you take any longer than that at such high levels you can develop copper deficiencies, and also I think there are other potentially bad things that can develop. So I would personally treat zinc similar to how body builders treat Creatine. Loading phase and maintenance phase cycled over a couple weeks time, and if taking more than 30g, supplement with 2g of copper.

On the back of the bottle look at the ingredients it will say what type of zinc it is. Most zinc supplements are Gluconate. Gluconate is okay, but it is not the easiest to absorb and must be taken with food. Zinc Citrate supplements typically say ZINC CITRATE on the front in clear letters.

I've been taking Zince Citrate for about 3 weeks now, and have been so pleased with the results, but as Teaspoon said, I have been taking more than the recommended dose, so now I'm going to cut back.I would definately try Citrate though, it has helped more than the standard gluconate. :)

Zinc Gluconate is not *bad*, it's not that it won't work. Zinc Citrate just absorbs better and easier.

zinc : Zinc metal is included in most single tablet over-the-counter daily vitamin and mineral supplements. It is believed to possess anti-oxidant properties, which protect against premature aging of the skin and muscles of the body. In larger amounts, taken as zinc alone in other proprietaries, it is believed by some to speed up the healing process after an injury.

Hello

I use alba botanica aloe vera cooling gel. I started using it 2 days back. I apply the gel first and then put on moisturizer or sunscreen. I give the aloe gel abt 10 mins to absorb. The problem is the gel balls up whn i apply anythin over it. Do you knw why this hapens or is this normal

I have been doing a vitamin regimen to help heal and prevent acne. It consists primarily of B5(~5-6g a day time released, complimented by a B-complex) but I've been supplementing Vitamin C(3-5g a day) and Zinc citrate(30-90g a day, complemented by a multivitamin) as well.

The vitamins have helped tremendously, almost all my acne has cleared and the couple spots I have gotten since starting have been small and have healed quickly.

I recently started drinking 4 oz. of aloe vera juice a day(morning and night) and applying 100% pure aloe vera gel on my face throughout the day.

I was just looking at my face, it's been about 2 weeks since I started with the aloe vera gel and I must say, it is really helping with red marks. It has also helped heal any active spots I have.

As of now I apply aloe vera gel upto 4 or 5 times a day. These gels are designed for pain relief and healing for sunburns and light wounds, the directions usually state that it is okay to apply as often as you want with as liberal a dosage as you want. This is how I have started, but if I notice a problem, I will cut back. So far though, it's been smooth sailing and the outlook is good.

The first aloe gel I bought was 98% pure and contained some fragrances. I recently bought Fruit of the Earth brand 100% aloe vera gel and I think that the FotE brand is working better, but it might just be that I've been putting aloe on my face long enough.

All in all it is great, it makes my skin feel great, it doesn't cause me to breakout, and it is working.

I think that aloe vera gel works best if applied after exfoliation, but I also think that exfoliation should only be done a couple times a week tops. So, use light light cleansing with aloe gel throughout the week, and then exfoliate and use aloe directly after.

I say this because I exfoliated with st. ives apricot scrub 2 days ago then I applied a heaping portion of aloe and it really made things fade it improved the texture of my skin and overall just rocked my face.

Well, I have just bought my first bottle of 100% Pure Aloe Vera, and after using for the first time tonight, I am curious to see what effect it has. I have also bought some Aloe Propolis Creme, which is also meant to be very good for problem skin, so I shall report back with my results after a week of use. I cross my fingers and hope!!!!!!!!!! :pray:

Well, I have just bought my first bottle of 100% Pure Aloe Vera, and after using for the first time tonight, I am curious to see what effect it has. I have also bought some Aloe Propolis Creme, which is also meant to be very good for problem skin, so I shall report back with my results after a week of use. I cross my fingers and hope!!!!!!!!!! :pray:

Good Luck!!

i used jason 98% aloe vera gel and even though it helped with some spots it seriously gave me shitty textured skin with small iritation bumps and clogged pores an shit so i just use it to spot treat.

yeah, Jason products kinda suck in my opinion. the "all organic" thing is hunky dorey and all, but sometimes other aspects of the medication are sacraficed b/c of it...they're also REALLY $$$ compared to relative brands

yeah, Jason products kinda suck in my opinion. the "all organic" thing is hunky dorey and all, but sometimes other aspects of the medication are sacraficed b/c of it...they're also REALLY $$$ compared to relative brands

I'll second that! I too have used the Jason aloe vera gel in the past, and it also gave me tiny bumps, etc. Perhaps it's because they add other things to the gel...here's a list of the ingredients:

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel, Aqua (Purified Water), Vegetable Glycerin, Allantoin, Polysorbate 20, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Potassium Carbomer, Arginine, Natural Menthol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Fragrance Oil Blend.

...I'm not so sure about the menthol or the alcohol...but I don't know so much about irritants...

I'll second that! I too have used the Jason aloe vera gel in the past, and it also gave me tiny bumps, etc. Perhaps it's because they add other things to the gel...here's a list of the ingredients:

Ingredients: Aloe Barbadensis (Aloe Vera) Leaf Gel, Aqua (Purified Water), Vegetable Glycerin, Allantoin, Polysorbate 20, Panthenol (Vitamin B5), Potassium Carbomer, Arginine, Natural Menthol, Benzyl Alcohol, Potassium Sorbate, Sodium Benzoate, Chlorophyllin-Copper Complex, Fragrance Oil Blend.

...I'm not so sure about the menthol or the alcohol...but I don't know so much about irritants...

YEAH! the jason aloe gel did that shit to me too..but u know what? The jason tea tree gel has been great has and helped to dramatically improve my chest and back acne and im using it now on my face hoping to get the same results.

I dunno. I mean, on the whole, I'd say my complexion has improved, also any small active spots I get heal very quickly.

But my red spots aren't really fading that drastically in the long run. I would say they have faded a bit, but not THAT much. I love aloe vera gel though, feels great, doesn't break me out, helps healing, and it is a great hair gel too. So I'm going to keep using it, I can't say it's the best red mark treatment, but maybe I just need to give it more time, or maybe my red marks are just too deep(I've had some for what feels like forever)

I have noticed that too. I am not getting the good results that other people have reported with Aloe Vera. It does fade my new acne marks a little, but it's not noticeable to the point where I'm thorougly impressed. It's not helpful at all with the red/brown marks that I've gotten from several month's ago's previous acne.