Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BeautifulSkinAgain

one lasar for several skin problems?

Can they do a laser on me that will kill two birds with one stone? I'm hoping to have some indentations fixed, as well as my flush fixed. I also found a white spot on my nose.

Can one procedure correct all these at once?

Thanks

Can they do a laser on me that will kill two birds with one stone? I'm hoping to have some indentations fixed, as well as my flush fixed. I also found a white spot on my nose.

Thanks

I think fraxel is your best bet. It is FDA approved for pigmentation problems, but a popular off use is for acne scar and resurfacing procedures. It is also the least invasive ablative laser out there so it shouldnt make anything worse than before (like so many people have experienced).

Do not get Fraxel or Vbeam done to your face...it seems as though your skin is reactive because you said your face gets flushed...this will only make it worse with harsh lasers...your best bet is IPL (fotofacial) which is known to do it all...its used for rosacea patients and it also does a lot of other things. Along with decreasing the redness in your face it also helps minimize pore size and improve mild scars.

I'll add to the confusion. My laser doc said IPL is the best selection laser for redness/flushing but does nothing for scarring, but that he has seen good results from Fraxel on both scores. So, he said the best bet is to go with Fraxel to see if I get the double benefit, scars and redness under eyes. By the way, FDA has approved Fraxel for acne scars, so it is no longer off label.

I have only had 1 Fraxel treatment. Next is May 1. So, I can't report much improvment on eiterh score. I would go with Fraxel based on what lttle I know.

What is spam? :dance:

Thanks

These are my 2 cents. I have tried both : IPL - 7 sessions and Fraxel - 6 sessions.

IPL is more "gentle" than Fraxel. It definitely improves flushing/redness and overall skin clarity, even color and tone. Sometimes, in IPL literature, they do claim that it can soften acne scars / wrinkles and promote collagen but it didn't do anything for me even on shallow scars.

During Fraxel consultation, I had asked difference between Fraxel and IPL and doctors said, IPL does not go deep enough to stimulate collagen while Fraxel offers more granularity and range for parameter settings like energy levels and density. As a result, Fraxel can go much deeper than IPL if treated at higher settings and that is the reason why it seems to be more effective for scarring.

But also, downside of Fraxel if treated at aggresive settings ( like other invasive procedures ) is, it can cause potential hyperpigmentation as reported by some people here.

As per my opinion, logical sequence of treatment would be to first try to improve indentations / scarring which is more difficult and can produce side effects like hyperpigmentation and then address surface problems like pigmentation, redness, flushing.

well, to clarify....what I meant was, Fraxel might be effective for both. If used at high settings, it might improve indentations / scarring. If used at lower settings, it might improve tone and color and uneven pigmentation. IPL is less likely to be effective for indentations though can be great for just redness/flushing.

Am not sure though if one has severe flushing or redness ( rosacea ) how well they can tolerate Fraxel.

well yeah, thats why i was asking whether BeautifulSkinAgain has rosacea or not....if you are diagnosed with rosacea then you should stay away from fraxel and just do the IPL, because it can make the redness worse...but if you dont have rosacea then im sure the fraxel would be more effective