Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest Hi   Im Bitter

I heard urine works.

Omg what!!!!???

They really need to start advertising that then. Or I should start reading the ingredients maybe...? lol

Seriously no way! Is that for real?

Urine works. I routinely catch my urine and wipe it all over myself after I shower but right before I sleep. Case closed.

:ninja:

So I have moderate acne along my jawline, around my temples and across my forehead. I used to use minocycline and differin, in combination, very expensive. Then I just used differin, which worked well but is still a bit expensive. Then I downsized to using Benzoyl Peroxide every night, and basically live with very little but constant acne on both sides of my chin, and around my temple. I always have pimples there, and occasionally they get bad enough I don't want to go out because of it.

So for the last five days I've just been using a cotton swab to 'clean' my face. I do it twice to make sure I'm getting it covered. I do it three to four times a day. In the morning and evening I wash my face with facial soap, and then apply the urine. I do not wash it off as its absorbed by your face so theres nothing to wash off. If you do some research you also find out it works as a moisturizer, so I haven't needed to apply that either. Usually the BP makes my face incredibly dry, sometimes painfully so, regardless of how much moisturizer I use.

The results: my skin looks very glowy, it doesn't feel dry at all, and I have no pimples left to report. For me, it is very clear that it works. If I went five days without applying benzoyl peroxide and used nothing else, my skin would be a disaster area, and there's nothing there. The acne that the BP is NEVER able to clear up is completely gone. I'm sold....just try it.

Just as a disclaimer, I have never had the horror story faces of people you see on proactive, I just have stubborn acne women get around 25, so I think for moderate acne, like mine, this might work rather well. I don't know about the deep infection type that I first had that I needed the antibiotic to clear up. But give it at least a week and keep an open mind, you might be surprised and richer.

People who want to say eww....refrain, ignorance is irritating. Urine is sterile, vitamin packed watered down blood...google it and find out. Keep your uneducated thoughts to yourself and go read a book.

this is kinda gross but ive seen a few movies with ppl peeing on themselves or other ppl and they have perfect skin, so maybe it does work? haha don't ask where I saw them...

Sorry for the double post, my original post was on a different forum, and I guess one of the moderators posted it over here for some reason a few days ago without my knowing it. Anyways, if you could direct questions either directly to me or that thread that'd be great, since that's where the current discussion is.

~incubus~

If you're a veggie, it doesn't have that strong of an odor. Long time vegetarian here, and like I told someone earlier today, I have two small puppies who sniff EVERYTHING funny smelling. After the first time I applied, I cuddled one of my puppies to see if she could tell a difference and she couldn't have been less interested in my face. There is no noticeable odor after about 30 seconds or so, once its absorbed. As to the second part of your comment...this is sort of my secret, I wouldn't really talk about this with my significant other, and I wouldn't really want them telling me about it if they did it. However if I found out they didn't do it because of some prejudice or faulty info, I'd totally be irritated, I want to be with someone with a brain who tries stuff...but certain stuff isn't made for romantic conversations with your sweetie :)

i just drank and applied some to my face

the taste of it was horrible, warm, salty, uuughhh and i'm not lying when i say this, but it had a chicken sorta taste to it

applying to my face well, it just felt like acv, very mild stingy

hmm pretty interesting stuff. Doesnt birth control pills contain horse piss? I think id be more willing to try this urine therapy if i had a penis, cuzz being a girl in all would be sorta awkward to pee into something all the time. Hehe.. my 2 cents... kudos to everyone who tried it!!

.........I won't say anything negitive well I'll try not to...... but WHAT THE!!!!!! I mean if someone pee's on you okay fair enough but to apply it to yourself hehe o well goodluck

lol...this thread is epic

Urea is not urine, urine contains some urea though.

Urea in products does not come from urine.

Urea promotes re hydration of the skin...and thats why a lot of moisturizers have it in it.

And I'm with the people that need some hard proof that this works. Give me some before and after pics, some hard core evidence not statements that you read some report somewhere[give links]

I just drank some and applied some to my skin. I don't think I can drink it anymore, it tastes too horrible, maybe if I had a better diet or somethin.

I applied again too, I am not going to lie, I see SOME decrease redness. The cyst on my jawline looks smaller, but that could be from the sulfur I am using.

you gotta be desperate to do this.

this is insane and dumb.

this topic should be closed -.-

I just drank some and applied some to my skin. I don't think I can drink it anymore, it tastes too horrible, maybe if I had a better diet or somethin.

I applied again too, I am not going to lie, I see SOME decrease redness. The cyst on my jawline looks smaller, but that could be from the sulfur I am using.

This thread should be closed. It is a complete embarrasment to this whole community. Many of us have been around here for awhile and through the hard work of some of our members original discoveries into the fight against acne have been made. B5 took off because of messageboards as has the link with milk, iodine, and zinc even though the link between diet and acne is dismissed by most dermatologists. I fear now that one post may destroy any progress that was made. You sick freaks are going to ruin it for all the rest of us relatively normal ones and confirm many of the accusations made by our detractors that we are loonies.

I really dont care if urine cures acne. It is a waste product I am not going to touch it and put it on my face or drink it. That is simply beyond what I find acceptable behavior for adults. Lets just take this one step farther and hypothetically say rubbing poop on your face clears acne. Do you honestly believe it is ever OK for a person to lay a turd and start rubbing it on their skin? What about semen? Gypsy tears?

I really cant believe a moderator would support such drivel. This has always been such a great community. What a shame to see it go down the toilet.

I really cant believe a moderator would support such drivel. This has always been such a great community. What a shame to see it go down the toilet.

This thread should be closed. It is a complete embarrasment to this whole community...

I really dont care if urine cures acne. It is a waste product I am not going to touch it and put it on my face or drink it. That is simply beyond what I find acceptable behavior for adults....

I think you have every right to state your opinions, but I also have the right to post my experience, and success, utilizing a widely accepted homeopathic treatment. YOU don't care if it cures acne, YOU are not going to touch it and YOU don't find it acceptable, that's totally cool. But I do care that it cures my acne, I don't mind touching it, and I do find it acceptable, mostly because it works for me, and as a broke grad student, I'll take any economic help I can get to finish my degree. Opening a discussion, with dissenting viewpoints is what this forum is about, I think. You post your comments, I post mine, and everyone can make up their own mind. Silencing someone because you don't agree with them wreaks of ideals most 'normal' people disagree with.

My posts are not meant to offend anyone, I wish I had known years ago that this treatment was successful for many people. My posts are only meant to provide evidence of success in at least one person and a possible solution for anyone else open minded enough to try it.

And to answer your question, I am neither willing nor qualified to decide what is acceptable for other adults. I am surprised when anyone is so certain of their own beliefs they find it acceptable to force them upon others.

To those of you who are serious about this subject, I thank you for posting your experiences.

I've been doing urine therapy internally for a few months now and it has helped with several health issues. I just hold my nose when I drink it and chase it with a glass of water.

I was putting it directly on my face and it seemed to be making things a little worse on my chin and I wonder if the urine was drawing out the toxins. Maybe if I'd stuck with it externally, it would have cleared. Any advice???

Has anyone experienced this - that it made things worse at first?

I also avoid wheat and dairy because I've learned that it makes my acne worse.

Wow! I cannot believe how angry people get about this topic.. when many cultures across the world have used urine as a treatment for all sorts of ailments for millennia. I guess we are so accustomed in the west to think of it as disgusting. Actually to my understanding urine isn't a waste product in the same way as feces, it is a filtration system for the blood and contains all sorts of minerals suited to each individuals personal makeup.

I posted on here about a month ago suffering badly with Hormone related acne and am now in my 5th month of pregnancy. My skin is happily looking a lot clearer, and I am not sure if this is because of hormones balancing or how permanent it is. Previously I felt so low, because the pregnancy itself is also proving difficult for me. However since reading your threads, Jen, I was reminded of urine therapy. I had never really thought of using it before, esp not like this. However i have been putting a little on my face in the morning and evening. I dont know if it has cleared me any more, but the redness and dryness related with the healing is definately much less. I am not using a moisturiser and my skin feels quite soft and happy..which it hasn't for months. Keep on with the updates, this is interesting stuff....