Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BFGUITAR

When im done accutane...

When im done tane should i use anything on my face?

I knwo it will stay in my system for a whle but how long?

I heard that it stays in your system for about a month. I cleanse my face at night sometimes, but other than that, I just clean it with water.

yeah im about at the one month post

i've just washed my face with warm water and used nothing else

post tane i didnt do anything to my face... I started getting milia which then progressed to tiny acne... nothing bad but still its not isolated to one part on my face its all over my face but like 10 tiny pimples sorta thing... post tane i recommend keeping up with moisturising, and washing ur face maybe just before bed with a lathered up unscented moisturising cleanser (like dan does in his regime) .. other than that i dont do anything... i've just gotta wait and see if what i said work on myself also.

I've heard that some derms will prescribe topicals, typically Retin-A, to use after Accutane is done.

My derm didn't do this though, and I wonder how many actually do. But I've read here on the boards that alot do this.

I wonder if it would help keep the pores cleared out while they are still clear from the Accutane.

I've heard that some derms will prescribe topicals, typically Retin-A, to use after Accutane is done.

My derm didn't do this though, and I wonder how many actually do. But I've read here on the boards that alot do this.

I wonder if it would help keep the pores cleared out while they are still clear from the Accutane.

i heard this too. but i also heard that the majority of people who use topicals after they used accutane gte their acne back cos they are irritating the skin again

I've been off for about three weeks and am using Tazorac .1% cream. Haven't had any breakouts and my redmarks/scars look much better so far.

Still, I can't say that I'll never have to deal with acne again. It's not I've been off of it for a long time.

I just wash with water in the morning and at night and put on a little moisturizer, that's it.

Doing nothing didn't keep me clear forever after the first course, and after my mom's course her acne slowly returned as well. At this point, it's obvious that i'm not going to grow out of it. So i'm going to take the term remission at face value and attempt to keep my pores open. My derm is not the not the type that likes to prescribe maintenance topicals, but i've done enough research to firmly beleive that my acne problems are caused by a genetic tendency for my pores to clog, so i'm going to ease into using Green Cream (an OTC topical retinoid) and see how that works out.

One of my derms said I should go on retin-A a month or so after i finished my accutane (this was years ago). It makes sense, but I was/am so tired of all that topical crap that I scoffed at the idea. For me, it's all about the accutane maintenance dosing. They can keep their topical snake oils. That shit just broke me out anyhow.

I'm thinking at this point there have to be very few derms in the US willing to put a female on maintenance isotretinoin. At least my derm wouldn't. So i can't really consider that possibility without what might be futile derm shopping

Im thinking of just washing with water, and maybe moisturizing.

Also maybe a few times a week ill wash with an anti-acne wash.