Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I've been on it for a week and love it. Skin looks much better and feels so smooth already.

Ditto.

Wow, on my first week... I thought accutane would never work for me. By the third or fourth month, that is when I noticed something. Man, going on accutane was the best thing that happened to me.

FIRST WEEK shock lol, I have MILD acne and I havnt seen any major improvements and Im on 3months and a half!!

I love this stuff too .. it's been two months and this morning, I looked at my face in the mirror and realized I had no active acne that I could see (just red marks). I don't ever remember thinking that about my face for the last 8 years.

I am on my 2nd an a half week and saw results. I usually got at least 3 infected pimples a week and a horribly greasy face. While on accutane, I only got 3 infected pimples in the 1st week and I don't have a greasy face. My old pimples are also starting to dry up.

1 small question. Can I use clay masks while on Accutane?

Negative aspects of accutane?

lets stick to a positve log about accutane, everyone got to start downing it all time

Negative aspects of accutane?

lets stick to a positve log about accutane, everyone got to start downing it all time

I agree! There is so much negative stuff about accutane on here. As for me i had mild-moderate, but very persitant acne for 5 years. Tried everything, nothing worked. I've been on accutane for 2 months and one week. I will admit my acne got the worst it has ever been for about two months, then about a week ago, i woke up and looked in the mirror and my skin looked 200x better than the day before. I know it sounds too good to be ture, but it really happend. All my cysts are GONE, i've gotten 2 tiny tiny white heads all week and that's it. Every day my skin is looking better and better!! I'm so excited and hope that it keeps getting clearer and clearer!!

My forehead and nose is pretty much clear at 2 months from accutane...

I guess I shouldn't mention my cheeks, temples, and around my lips.

I can't go out in public due to large burns and ripped up flesh from accutane, but I still love it.. I guess..

even in places where i didn';t have acne before taking tane, the skin just looks better. smoother, more even, and glowing. the radience is spreading all over my face, and it's great. people have started commenting on how great it looks, and my mum can't beleive it lol!

until the fall my skin had been totally clear for about a year and a half, and even during that acne free, red mark free time my skin never looked this good. it's that smooth radience i'm talking about lol.

also i'm exfoliating a LOT these days and drinking litres of water a day, so it could be that too?

Time for an update. Some time has passed and the results are still phenominal. I wish my derm would up my dosage(80 mg a day at 200lbs), but hey, its still working. I have no new acne, but now I'm fighting redmarks. Hopefully they aren't scars, but still pleased overall.

Time for an update. Some time has passed and the results are still phenominal. I wish my derm would up my dosage(80 mg a day at 200lbs), but hey, its still working. I have no new acne, but now I'm fighting redmarks. Hopefully they aren't scars, but still pleased overall.

to anyone in the first few weeks still. you still have a loooooonnnnnggg way to go, and it could get a little bumpier for a while. good luck to you all though.

I am 3 months in on 80mg a day, its been a very rough ride but i can see the light for sure.....

:wub: My skin actually looks better than that of normal people. I am so lovin' this drug ...

I am on my 2nd an a half week and saw results. I usually got at least 3 infected pimples a week and a horribly greasy face. While on accutane, I only got 3 infected pimples in the 1st week and I don't have a greasy face. My old pimples are also starting to dry up.

1 small question. Can I use clay masks while on Accutane?

you should not use clay mask now, their purpose is to mop up oil (which you should not have, it shuts down your oil production), it will only further dry out your skin. i cleared up within one week of starting accutane and then got hit by my initial breakout, and then some, 5 months later i am clear!!

Accutane is MUCH loved by me, as well. I have never been happier. My Acne went from moderate/heavy at times to, at 2.5 months into a 5 month course, ZERO. I haven't had a new pimple appear in 2 weeks. Ugh - thank you Roche for giving me my life back.