Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

im 20 yrs old and my acne has really cleared up. I get small breakouts every once in a while but nothing to get upset about. My problem however is that my skin is so freakin dry. I only take 1 shower a day and i use Dove bar soap (Sensitive Skin) which i have been using for years. I dont understand how my skin can remain so dry when im only showering once a day and i dont even wash my face at night. I know that the dry winter weather does play a role in dry skin, but seriously with 1 shower i shouldnt have this problem.

Also, i have an identical twin brother who takes two showers a day and i dont think he has as bad of dry skin as i do. I really think that it might be because of the differin/clindamycin i used about 3 years ago that destroyed my skin and it hasnt ever recovered. Its almost like i have completely lost the top layer of skin on my face or something. The reason i say this is b/c i have very olive skin tone and tan easily but for some reason my face only burns. (It used to tan easily before acne) Somebody please tell me if you have had this problem or if this is normal. Thanks