Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Whyteout

Why people think Antibiotics make acne worse..IT DOESNT

Ok. We can all agree that our acne (especially teenage acne) goes through phases and levels. For example, Acne may start of mild for a year, then progressive to almost severe. Then it goes back to mild and then yet again back to severe, this is all from fluxuations in hormones. So what do antibiotics have to do with this you ask?

Antibiotics are more of a "hide the symptoms" type of thing. The problem itself is not Acne, but the hormonal inbalance. the antibiotics kill the bacteria on your face and prevent swelling, which may completely reduce acne, but the hormonal inbalance still exists within your body

heres an example.

Bob got acne at the age of 13, mild acne.

At 14, it progressed to moderate and then eventually into severe.

At 16, acne has fallen back to very mild.

At 18, he goes through another hormonal inbalance (puberty's last hit) and his acne flares up horribly again.

at 20, his acne completely dissappears.

Now if you throw antibiotic sinto the cycle, lets say at age 14 and he takes them until 17, all it does is COVER UP the acne resulting from the hormonal imbalance, but at 18 years when he stops taking the antibiotics, his acne flares up worse than before, and he believes it is from the antibiotics making it worse! when all thats really happened is that the cycle is just at a worse time, so even if he wsnt on medication, most likely his acne would be just as bad at that time.

So basically keep tkaing antibitoics (switch to different types once and a while) until your body is done with this puberty shit

Antibiotics kill all the good bacteria in your colon and thus give you all kinds of colon related problems (candida, digestion etc). Not to mention that you eventually become more and more resistant to antibiotics as time passes.

Antibiotics kill all the good bacteria in your colon and thus give you all kinds of colon related problems (candida, digestion etc). Not to mention that you eventually become more and more resistant to antibiotics as time passes.

The candida and digesiton problems an be prevented by eating yogurt every day

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Have you considered Gram-Negative Folliculitis? I understand where you're coming from though.

Bacterial resistance isn't important in this case. Dermatologists continue to prescribe antibiotics because of the anti-inflammatory properties.

Ok. We can all agree that our acne (especially teenage acne) goes through phases and levels. For example, Acne may start of mild for a year, then progressive to almost severe. Then it goes back to mild and then yet again back to severe, this is all from fluxuations in hormones. So what do antibiotics have to do with this you ask?

Antibiotics are more of a "hide the symptoms" type of thing. The problem itself is not Acne, but the hormonal inbalance. the antibiotics kill the bacteria on your face and prevent swelling, which may completely reduce acne, but the hormonal inbalance still exists within your body

heres an example.

At 18, he goes through another hormonal inbalance (puberty's last hit) and his acne flares up horribly again.

Now if you throw antibiotic sinto the cycle, lets say at age 14 and he takes them until 17, all it does is COVER UP the acne resulting from the hormonal imbalance, but at 18 years when he stops taking the antibiotics, his acne flares up worse than before, and he believes it is from the antibiotics making it worse! when all thats really happened is that the cycle is just at a worse time, so even if he wsnt on medication, most likely his acne would be just as bad at that time.

So basically keep tkaing antibitoics (switch to different types once and a while) until your body is done with this puberty shit

i take that and tazaric ill just stay on tazaric for ever i dont care but theres no way in hell im going to let my face get bad.

heres an example.

Hormones aren't the only thing that influences acne. Lots of people obviously have acne who are past puberty. I really do believe (having taken them myself) that antibiotics have an extremely negative impact on your digestive and overall health and hence, lead to more acne than you would have if you never took them (all other things being equal.)

I wish I had never taken the minocycline for my acne or the penicillin after I got my wisdom teeth removed.

What happens if you never have acne as a teenager and then suddenly, completley out of the blue, develop a case of pustular and cystic acne.....in your mid twenties or early thirties for example, or in response to something like a pregancy....

Then do you take antibiotics for the rest of your life???

sry for not being specific but i mean MOST acne cases, becaus eim sure we can agree that about 80% of acne sufferrers are from ages 12-25...hormonal inlbanaces

So basically keep tkaing antibitoics...

Which reminds me: is there anything you can take for dyslexia?? :D

Bryan

So basically keep tkaing antibitoics...

Which reminds me: is there anything you can take for dyslexia?? :D

Bryan

Im cool because I sign my name at the end of a post.

Whyteout_89

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

Instead of the childish comebacks, why don't you put some proof in this pudding whyteout_89.

sry for not being specific but i mean MOST acne cases, becaus eim sure we can agree that about 80% of acne sufferrers are from ages 12-25...hormonal inlbanaces

Actually about 30% of acne cases progress into adulthood, which is a lot of people, don't you think?

And if you suggest that someone should start taking antibiotics at the age of 15, for example, and take it for the next 5 to 10 years, then that doesn't sound pleasant.

my derm once told me that the anti biotics prescribed (doxy) only targets p acnes bacteria (i asked him about resistance and it effecting your body).

I think he was full of BS but im not very knowledgable.

Actually about 30% of acne cases progress into adulthood, which is a lot of people, don't you think?

And if you suggest that someone should start taking antibiotics at the age of 15, for example, and take it for the next 5 to 10 years, then that doesn't sound pleasant.

I want to die even more today.

my derm once told me that the anti biotics prescribed (doxy) only targets p acnes bacteria (i asked him about resistance and it effecting your body).

I think he was full of BS but im not very knowledgable.

It was total BS.......they perscribe dioxy for everything from Lymes disease to bladder infections......I hate doctors.....

Man I'm backing the thread starter up.

I remember when I first got Acne and didnt do anything about it it got worse and worse, Antibiotics gave me a break for about a year. And now Is till break out but nothing like I used to.

If I didnt do anything about my Acne before I wouldnt be sitting here right now typing this...I would be locked in my room sleeping or getting druged in depression.