Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
unbelievable

Help with Needling

does anyone have the link of purchasing diabetic needles from a reputable online merchant? for performance of self needling? (of course the cheaper the better and i really dont need like a 200 count package.)

i found a couple of links but i lost them and i ahve since yet to discover them again :confused:

o yea, just to make sure im suppose to use the

30G insulin needles? the type needed for needling?

thanks in advance

and hope this works seems promising

I mentioned in an earlier post that I just bought 200 needles from www.canadadrugs.com. I bought 2 packages of 100 and I think they go for somewhere around $20 each. It's about $8 shipping though. That's why I bought two boxes since the price of shipping didn't go up when I added another box. Someone else mentioned that the needle is really only meant to go into your skin once and then it will start to dull. Some people also mention bruising. I'm thinking that this is because they used the needle over and over. I have rolling scars on both sides of my face by my temples. I have a bunch of them all grouped together which makes it look worst. When I start this I'm going to use a needle for 4 pokes only. I plan on using 15 needles for each side of my face. So that would be 30 needles per needling session. I plan on doing this once a month for 6 months. So that's about 180 needles. I think that should be a fair assessment.

I thought the same way you did in that I wouldn't need 200. But I then I started thinking that the sharpest needle would give me the best results. Also, I didn't want to fork over the shipping charge again.

are these the needles?

Novofine 30G

30G x 0.3 x 6mm

http://www.canadadrugs.com/otc/product/Nov...3+x+0.6mm/2273/

just ot make sure 100%. i dont want to stick myself in the face with the wrong products lol

also i believe needling will work, regardless if i read results from others. is that i used to have deeper scars, then i performed microdermabrasion at home. but instead of a typical microdermabrasion. i would stretch my skin out at the scarred areas and i would use the microdermabrasion circular pads on that area repeatedly until it starts to bleed and eventually scab after a few days (note by repeatedly i meant for like a few minutes until the area is conpletely drenched with blood, and it will hurt ALOT for the next couple of days as well). and i noticed a big difference as in my scars arent as deep or even noticeable under particular angles or lighting. which makes it much more tolerable. (also note that it did kind of leave some red marks, but i'll trade red marks for scars any freaking day)

with that said i believe in needling to work, the breaking up of the dermis and letting it bleed, scab, and rejuvinate.

I just posted the info below in the "Needling Mini-Miracle" thread before I noticed your question. Here it is again. Good luck!

"The best needling needles are very inexpensive. Use lancets which are made for getting a blood sample from diabetics. You do not need to buy the lancet device (the little pen-shaped gadget you stick the lancet into). Lancets are available without prescription at any drug store, including Walgreens where I bought a box of 100 Ultra Thins (30 gauge) for about $6. They are sterile and they are the perfect depth for inverted acne scars; you are in no danger of inserting the needle too deeply because the tip is only about 1/2 inch long. Lancets do dull very quickly though, so I only use them for about 5-10 pricks each - diabetics use one per prick, then throw them away. You can choose what works for you, just do not store a used lancet - put the cap back on and throw it away (in a safe place where the cap will not come undone and prick your garbage man or something!).

Another suggestion: Keep using the alcohol wipes until you absolutely stop bleeding, and then about 10 minutes later, gently wash your face with only the mildest of cleansers (or just rinse with warm/cool water), gently pat dry and apply emu oil or vitamin e oil (neither of which have never made me break out). You will not scab and your face will not be as red the next day.

Good luck and stop spending so much on needles people! Really, we should start a fund to promote acne scar research - it really seems like there is next to no serious research out there, and that if needling is truly a possible solution, it needs to be promoted as such so that it is made an available treatment in everybody's community! "

wow i must say.

comparing the 30G needles (200 count) from here...

http://www.canadadrugs.com/otc/product/Nov...3+x+0.6mm/2273/

with 30G needles (200 count) from walgreens...

http://www.walgreens.com/store/product.jsp...988&id=prod4988

i would say those needles are the same but $40 cheaper :D

also you can find 30 Gauge needles at drugstore.com and cvs.com for even cheaper. i went with drugstore.com since they have that deal with 25 bucks and you get free shipping.

thanks alot man

Oh well. That kinda sucks for me! No worries though. If this works, the $50 I spent on needles as opposed to $5000 on a laser will be well worth my $50 investment :) I will remember for next time though. Thanks unbelievable and CanIGetOverIt? for the info. Looks like we'll be doing this together as well. I look forward to hearing how your results turn out. Till then........

I just posted the info below in the "Needling Mini-Miracle" thread before I noticed your question. Here it is again. Good luck!

"The best needling needles are very inexpensive. Use lancets which are made for getting a blood sample from diabetics. You do not need to buy the lancet device (the little pen-shaped gadget you stick the lancet into). Lancets are available without prescription at any drug store, including Walgreens where I bought a box of 100 Ultra Thins (30 gauge) for about $6. They are sterile and they are the perfect depth for inverted acne scars; you are in no danger of inserting the needle too deeply because the tip is only about 1/2 inch long. Lancets do dull very quickly though, so I only use them for about 5-10 pricks each - diabetics use one per prick, then throw them away. You can choose what works for you, just do not store a used lancet - put the cap back on and throw it away (in a safe place where the cap will not come undone and prick your garbage man or something!).

Another suggestion: Keep using the alcohol wipes until you absolutely stop bleeding, and then about 10 minutes later, gently wash your face with only the mildest of cleansers (or just rinse with warm/cool water), gently pat dry and apply emu oil or vitamin e oil (neither of which have never made me break out). You will not scab and your face will not be as red the next day.

Good luck and stop spending so much on needles people! Really, we should start a fund to promote acne scar research - it really seems like there is next to no serious research out there, and that if needling is truly a possible solution, it needs to be promoted as such so that it is made an available treatment in everybody's community! "

Hi,

I'm from Canada and here we can buy the syringes at a pharmacy called JEAN COUTU.

They have these everywhere.

I use BD Ultra-Fine* ll ... 30 Gauge, 8mm length (about 1/3 inch), therefore;

less risk of going in too deep ...

They are inexpensive (about .30 - .35 cents each)... and I usually prick about 25x with one syringe and then throw it out ... :D

I also use emu oil afterwards for healing , infections ... etc ... and am satisfied with it.

Hope this helps :D

hey Lexis

glad to hear your having wonderful results, and if you dont mind me asking how many times did you go through needling before you notice a change in your scars? and what type of scars have you noticed a chane on?

and i ordered the needles yesterday, so it should arrive in a couple, when they do i'll keep everyone whose interested updated.

I've not read a single good report on needling, definately not self needling.

At first the posts I've read are like 'wow my scares look so much better'.

But in a week or two when the SWELLING has gone down, they're back to where they were.

Plus, if you do it wrong, you risk making it far worse, just make sure you look in to it properly, consider the risks and well.... good luck.

I've not read a single good report on needling, definately not self needling.

At first the posts I've read are like 'wow my scares look so much better'.

But in a week or two when the SWELLING has gone down, they're back to where they were.

Plus, if you do it wrong, you risk making it far worse, just make sure you look in to it properly, consider the risks and well.... good luck.

That's interesting Mav, because I've never heard of self-needling going bad, completely NOT working nor EVER making scars worse. I think it was Gumby (sorry if I've got that wrong) who reported he had perfect results with self-needling but it took 2 years of consistent treatment. Yes, it's true that the swelling temporarily plumps up the depressions and it can be disappointing when the swelling goes down.

While I truly respect your concern, I think needling is a potential treatment we can explore on our own that has very little risk, pain, invasiveness, down time or cost. I also don't think you need 10 years of med school to understand that self-needling requires you apply this treatment in a sterile environment and to make accurate and tiny prick marks in the holes in your face to get this needling process right. If I thought this process was in any way dangerous, detrimental or not worth the time and effort, I wouldn't be spouting off right now. Really.

Just my opinion, folks!

Good luck to all!

hey Lexis

glad to hear your having wonderful results, and if you dont mind me asking how many times did you go through needling before you notice a change in your scars? and what type of scars have you noticed a chane on?

and i ordered the needles yesterday, so it should arrive in a couple, when they do i'll keep everyone whose interested updated.

Hello,

I noticed a little change the VERY FIRST time i tried it actually ... then I use emu oil the first day and the second day, I also use CP SERUM FROM SKINBIOLOGY.

This boosts collagen regrowth :D

I have different typse scars and the needling seems to work on no matter what type of scar or what depth ... the deeper the scars the more sessions u need has been my experience :-)

U should wait about 4 weeks in between needling to let it heal , also it depends on ur age ... the younger u r ; the FASTER u will probably heal ...

BEST OF LUCK

:D

just done the needlingfor now until the scab falls, i will be applying neosporin.

after that im thinking retin-a micro (is that a good choice?)

well im going to get some emu oil anyways because of the great reviews. any particular website you get them from?

basically i pricked the scar here and there, but im wondering do you prick to cover the entire surface of the scar? or just a few times is sufficient? (i think this is a pretty important question for those that are thinking self needling)

also will be posting results when scab falls and everything heals.

just a update. 2 month since my first needling i've done it twive with a month in between. and i have to say the scars are filling in. but my only gripe with it is the redness it leaves behind that takes a month and more to fade. but i guess i'll take a little redness after a month than indents in my face.

also have anyoen tried needling with 28G needles rather than 30G?

its finer so is that better?