Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
R.S.

Exercise, Sweating and Dermicidin.

http://www.medterms.com/script/main/art.asp?articlekey=18963

Dermicidin: A potent anti-infective agent that is a natural component of sweat.

The first antimicrobial agent found that is produced by cells in the skin, dermicidin is reportedly active against many different types of bacteria (including Escherichia coli (E. coli), Enterococcus faecalis, and Staphylococcus (Staph) aureus) and the common fungus Candida albicans.

Dermicidin is also the name of the gene that encodes the protein product, dermicidin.

http://www.dimdima.com/Science/science_com...le=Sweat+it+out!

When the temperatures are soaring, and the body needs to cool down, tiny glands in the skin, produce a salty liquid, which we call sweat. An average person has 2.6 million sweat glands in his skin !! The sweat from these glands spreads over the warm skin and evaporates, causing the body to cool down. In the process, some waste is also removed from the body. Sweating is a natural and essential process which regulates the body's temperature and removes waste products.

Recently, researchers have found that sweat plays another important role. They have found that sweat contains a natural antibiotic, which may keep skin-dwelling bacteria from multiplying. Researchers have called this substance – dermicidin.

In fact, our skin is occupied by numerous bacteria which thrive on the wastes secreted by the body. Whenever there is a cut or a wound, these bacteria enter through the skin into the body to cause disease. Dermicidin is the first antibiotic found, which is permanently produced by cells in the human skin and which can kill varied types of bacteria found on the skin-- this means that it provides a constant protection against invading microorganisms,.

By limiting the bacteria on the skin, dermicidin is probably the first line of defence against disease causing bacteria.

kinda disappointed that this didn't get anymore replies.

at least you didnt get the "DUDE DOES THAT MEAN I SHOULD GO SIT IN A SAUNA ALL DAY FOR MY ACNE"

someone will do it too...idiots...

kinda disappointed that this didn't get anymore replies.

at least you didnt get the "DUDE DOES THAT MEAN I SHOULD GO SIT IN A SAUNA ALL DAY FOR MY ACNE"

someone will do it too...idiots...

looooool no doubt i bet some guys out there will give it a try and they will end up going to hospital or maybe heaven... hehehe

this makes sense to me. So many people on this board claim that sweating makes their acne worse but for me i have never noticed any negative side effects. I mean, sweating is a natural bodily function and it is one of the ways the body rids itself of harmful toxins. I always like to work up a good sweat when i workout , it makes me feel more refreshed and that i am helping flush my body. lata

i dont think sweating would make your acne worse as long as you take a shower or wash your face after.. its a different story if the sweats sitting on your skin for hours.