Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
falco_amadeus

Should I get a dosage raised?

Day 36 on accutane and no dryness at all! Chapped lips yes but not bad either. Although my skin is definitely not oily anymore, I can go a day maybe longer without washing it and still is good and I have seen some improvements nothing awesome though. If this goes on even if I continue to improve should I ask my derm to get my dose raised to get dryed up because I think that's what is important here; the dryness!? I'm on 40mg per day which seems to be the usual dosage in there lol.

Your derm. will probably up your doasge soon...I staretd at 40 for the first month, then upped to 60 for the next 4 months. But count your blessings...the dryness will come! :D

I've been on accutane for 5 months (ending in 5 days) and never had my dosage raised above 40mg.

There was dryness and flaking the first month or two, but after that, there wasn't anymore. The only reason for raising your dosage, is if you continue to get acne while on accutane, or you still produce too much oil. If none of that is the case, then you probably don't need to raise it. Accutane is doing its job and shrinking the gland that produces oil.

But ultimately, it's up to you and your doctor.

Btw....I see on the manual it says that 85% of people only need a 15-20 weeks treatment, is that really true? I'm about 5 weeks, 10 more weeks sounds very brief to me :think:, although I'm breaking out some, but definitely LESS then before lol