Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
tazorac

did u think u would "grow out of it"?

i remeber the first time i notice i had pimples..it was the summer between 9 and 10th grade and we were on the bus and a kid said to me " u drink to many sodas" at this point i had a clear face bascially but had zits now no marks yet..now im 22 years old and the acne is still going strong ..i didnt think about it for like 2 or 3 years because i thought i would grow out of it..clearzit and oxy pads were the first acne products i bought and they made mines worse

anybody thought they would just "grow out of it"?

I had my first zit the summer before 8th grade and I let my shit marinate. I'm 20 now and my mom is still saying I'll just grow out of it. That sentence right there pisses me off more than anything. I think all of my products and prescriptions have made me worse. I had mild up to a couple years ago. Now I'm moderate.

i remeber the first time i notice i had pimples..it was the summer between 9 and 10th grade and we were on the bus and a kid said to me " u drink to many sodas" at this point i had a clear face bascially but had zits now no marks yet..now im 22 years old and the acne is still going strong ..i didnt think about it for like 2 or 3 years because i thought i would grow out of it..clearzit and oxy pads were the first acne products i bought and they made mines worse

IM STILL LIVING IN HOPE ILL GROW OUT OF IT !!! Im only 37 !!!!! yes i tried those oxy pads when i first started getting spots and they defo made them worse . there is so much crap available out there thats why i love this web site cos all of you out there give great advice to which products to use .

I despise the phrase "you'll grow out of it." In my case, I think I grew into it! I started breaking out around age 12 but it wasn't too bad. I had the occasional zit throughout high school and college and it wasn't until I turned 22 that I got cyst after cyst after cyst. I went on accutane at age 24 and was clear until I was 26. I started the regimen a few months ago and have been clear (with the help of a few cortisone injections) since. Actually, my mother just started breaking out and she's 51!

yeah I thought i'd grow out of it when I first broke out at 18, I was still breaking out at 29 til i got on accutane

so that's all rubbish imo

Same here, I had the mild teenage acne, really wasn't that bad, but my mom stared me on pancake makup and my skin exploded! Took me a year to clear it up and out. I am 46 and still have the for no reason zit. But I find I break out on my neck now and have to treat it differently. So hate that "grow out of it" statement. I think that sometimes things we do to our skin in our younger years can have far reaching effects later on.

Guest Tenshi

yes, took me at 25 yrs to finally admit it was gettig worse and not going anywhere to go on accutane. :rolleyes:

I didn't get acne until I got out of high school. I think it was all the partying I was doing, but yeah, I thought it would just go away doing the same thing I had been doing. HAAA. I was very wrong. :doh:

Oh, sweetie; I am 29 years old and still waiting to grow out of it! I would consider seeing a derm b/c at some point your face might go from oily teenager to dry adult. That is what happened to me and I am on water based topicals to prevent over drying which can exasperate acne in adults. I also was put on glytone (not a prescription, but can't get it at stores) to help with the dead skin cells removal. It is also antiaging!

I'm 26. still got it.

only my dad really had acne, and his stopped growing by age 30.

but it looks like i got the shitty genes and oily face, and I'll have acne for life!! Slowly, my face will be fully covered with pits and scars.

oh well. I'll just keep smearing benzoylp on my face till i'm 80. God fucked me over

When I was a teen, I worried about it a lot less than I do now. It still bothered me - I had moments where I would freak out about dealing with it, but I figured I was still at the normal age to have it and kept telling myself that I would grow out of it. Now I'm in my early twenties, and I still have problem skin. I'm at the point where I'm realizing that I may not grow out of it. My dad had acne until he was in his twenties, but no one on my mom's side ever had acne...so I suppose there's still a chance that I might grow out of it. I started getting acne at around 10/11...it became more noticiable at around 13. I've never been c100% clear since.

I'm 21 and the worst acne I've ever had was between the ages of 18-20. I don't know if currently, it's slowing down because I'm "growing out of it" or if it's because of the so called treatments I'm attempting. I really do believe my acne will continue to get better, and I'm willing to bet it will probably almost be completely gone in a few years. If not, I'll actually have a good job in a few years, and I will do whatever it takes at that point to rid myself of it. I've already dealt with it for so many years, so I can wait 3 more.

I got acne at age 18..now 21 I hope I will grow out of it or it will juts stop?

When I was preggo (23) and my acne totally disappeared and stayed away for almost a year after my son was born, I thought I had grown out of it. Sadly, it slowly came back after my son turned one. I was sooo upset!

Now, I figure I'll probably be battling it at different levels for the rest of my adult life, or at least until menopause!

I first got acne in 10th grade (16)...Now I'm 20. It's been 4+ years, and it was worst last year (19). I guess I'm growing out of it. I hope. My bro (21) grew out of it just last year. I hope I can be clear within next year...

did it come back as bad

I'm assuming you're talking to me? Well, it hasn't come back at all yet, but I'm just erring on the side of caution and going to assume that it will come back, at least to some degree if not full force, in a few months. Don't ask me why I'm so sure things will go back to the way they were pre-'tane, but I just have a feeling they will. It's probably because every other time I thought I was done with acne and was clear for a good period of time, things went back to shit soon after. Basically, I'm just biding my time until I begin to break out again.

I'm hoping I'm wrong, of course, but we shall see.

I didn't really have teenage acne. I went through puberty really early, and I noticed a slight smattering of whiteheads across my forehead about a week before my 1st period (I was about 10) that lasted all of about a month and cleared up. I got one blackhead under my nose when I was 11 and after that my "acne" issue was gone. I grew out of it......I had great skin as a teenager.

I didn't really have a problem with acne until I was 23.....I highly doubt I'll "grow out of it"....even though my derm seems to think I might by the time I finish highschool (he didn't look at my date of birth on my chart and figured I was still in high school)....

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I didn't really have a problem with acne until I was 23.....I highly doubt I'll "grow out of it"....even though my derm seems to think I might by the time I finish highschool (he didn't look at my date of birth on my chart and figured I was still in high school)....

Oh i had to laugh at that, i take it you just run with the Derm not knowing your age? :cool:

I'm similar, i never had acne throughout high school. I first suffered from acne at the age of 19, it came on pretty hard too!

I'm 21 now and hoping that i grow out of it, but who knows.

Yes i must be the only one in my family with very severe acne. My parents would only say " why do you have acne? I never had acne , oh you'll grow out of it"

Well it's all bullshit , I have to take care of this matter on my own, gone on acutane, paid by myself.

ALthough i really think it's something that parents should do :rolleyes:

I was expecting to "grow out of" it by my 20's...no such luck. It started at 12 and is still here at 28 ( though under control with BP). I remember my folks in their 30's and I never noticed they had any acne, so I'm hoping that maybe by my 30's I can just move on to treating wrinkles instead of pimples..LOL.

I'm 21 and the worst acne I've ever had was between the ages of 18-20. I don't know if currently, it's slowing down because I'm "growing out of it" or if it's because of the so called treatments I'm attempting. I really do believe my acne will continue to get better, and I'm willing to bet it will probably almost be completely gone in a few years. If not, I'll actually have a good job in a few years, and I will do whatever it takes at that point to rid myself of it. I've already dealt with it for so many years, so I can wait 3 more.

That's pretty much my story word for word.

It's weird how lots of people here are saying theirs started at 10-13, mine didn't start till halfway through 16 and I never worried about it really because I didn't have an excessive amount but near the end of grade 12 and throughout college it started to get worse, I dropped out of college (not cause of the acne) and while I was back at home working to save for school again I turned 19 and it started to get pretty ridiculous. My mom acted like it wasn't even a problem so when I got a credit card finally I ordered proactiv and it worked for a while but then stopped and my curiosity about the benzoyl peroxide ingredient led me to this site and now the CSR has me clear again at 20, but it's gonna take a couple years before these red marks are completely gone. All I can do is hope that by 25 my skin doesn't need any treatment anymore and the red marks are gone.