Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Skin Deadness

Turkey and Chicken.

I hear they both have a lot of iodine in it, but yet a lot of zinc.

Even if I were to get the organic one and eat it without anything else it still would be bad to eat every day for dinner?

chicken and turkey shouldnt break you out...unless you buy the frozen kind that use a salt solution messing everything up

The high levels of iodine are not present in organic chicken and turkey. I eat organic chicken or turkey almost every day, and it doesn't break me out the slightest (I've eaten about 750 g chicken today).

more likely than not iodine isn't going to do a goddamn things so stop stressing about it. If you're worried about IODINE, or electrolye imbalance, drink more water, problem solved.

more likely than not iodine isn't going to do a goddamn things so stop stressing about it. If you're worried about IODINE, or electrolye imbalance, drink more water, problem solved.

I'm not stressing out about it. If I were, then I'd be like, "I NEED TO KNOW IF CHICKEN AND TURKEY CAUSE ACNE SINCE IT HAS IODINE IN IT!!!!!!

PLEASE TELL ME NOW!!"

I'm new to this whole diet thing and it's been working and I just want to hear opinions on some type of foods.

Maybe I am out of the loop why would eating chicken or turkey have a bad effect on your skin?

I read somewhere that it has a lot of iodine and figured maybe it has a downside for acne so I came here some opinions.

Maybe I am out of the loop why would eating chicken or turkey have a bad effect on your skin?

I read somewhere that it has a lot of iodine and figured maybe it has a downside for acne so I came here some opinions.

I wasnt aware that chicken or turkey contained iodine? Other than possibly the iodine added in when iodine laced salt is added.

I thought only seafood, and some vegetables have iodine, and isnt iodine to help your thyroids which dont really have an effect on your skin but on your metabolism.

In my personal opinion. Eat up.

I wasnt aware that chicken or turkey contained iodine? Other than possibly the iodine added in when iodine laced salt is added.

I thought only seafood, and some vegetables have iodine, and isnt iodine to help your thyroids which dont really have an effect on your skin but on your metabolism.

All right, awesome. I didn't know that and when I read something I feel like I need to ask about it.

All right, awesome. I didn't know that and when I read something I feel like I need to ask about it.

You know if you ever really want the truth or an educated opinion on a nutritional question you can call your local hospital and they have nutirtionist that would be more than willing to for free answer your question about specific foods. There is also a lot of real, edcuated, honest information out there.

When dealing with your health its usually best to go on facts rather than opinions not to say that personal experience isnt a good back up of an opinion.

i had the worst breakout of my life from iodine.. too much milk, multivitamins, etcs.. i had acne all over my jawline/chin/neck/temple.. iodine is the only food i actually believe has a chance of really affecting acne.. but thats my opinion.

i had the worst breakout of my life from iodine.. too much milk, multivitamins, etcs.. i had acne all over my jawline/chin/neck/temple.. iodine is the only food i actually believe has a chance of really affecting acne.. but thats my opinion.

You said the answer your self.

Too much. You need iodine in your diet, infact the reason that salt now offers iodine in it is because at a time this nation was iodine deprived and we werent getting enough of it in our systems, so they started to offer iodized salt. Too much of anything can be harmful.