Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
scotty

Questions about "the Cure"

1- What can you substitute for Salicylic acid ? (It has always irritated my skin and seems to make my skin more oily).

2- Do you have to rinse the Glycolic Lotion off and if so, why?

3- Has anybody used an anti-bacterial other than BP and had success - (BP has always irritated my skin as well).

Thanks. =D>

You don't have to rinse glycolic acid off. But people do it most likely because leaving it on might be too irritating. That, and they might want to apply something else afterwards, so leaving it on would interfere with it.

Replacement for SA? Maybe tea tree oil, and/or camphor oil / eucalyptus oil. You might also play with lemon juice. Or hydrogen peroxide, I think. Basically, anything that causes exfoliation.

As for anti-bacterials, tea tree oil is a good choice. It works more slowly than BP, but apparently some studies show that it works just as well in the long run. But remember to dillute the oil in something else. Applying pure tea-tree oil to your face without dillution will cause your face to turn bright red.

Steve

Scotty,

If you want to try the Acne Cure, why would you start messing with the prescribed products? I think that many people are trying this program without reading the book. It's like Dan's regimen. Try it as prescribed, and then if it doesn't work, try something else. You want to try the Acne Cure, but you don't want to use SA, you don't want to wash the GA off of your face, and you don't want to use BP. This is no longer the Acne Cure, so why bother?

Scotty,

If you want to try the Acne Cure, why would you start messing with the prescribed products? I think that many people are trying this program without reading the book. It's like Dan's regimen. Try it as prescribed, and then if it doesn't work, try something else. You want to try the Acne Cure, but you don't want to use SA, you don't want to wash the GA off of your face, and you don't want to use BP. This is no longer the Acne Cure, so why bother?

Well I appreciate where your coming from but what I was getting at is are there other products that do the same things as the one's in the Acne Cure - SA has always seemed to make my skin worse -

Do you think that SA (even though it has ALWAYS irritated my face, caused it to produce more oil and made my acne worse) when used in the acne cure regimen - will not have this effect on my face?

Seems rather unlikely to me.

Scotty,

I think a lot of acne treatments make your skin look worse at first. I do feel that each ingredient may counteract the other. Maybe if your skin became oily before that now with the salicylic acid and the BP you may not have that. Also, maybe this is just a temporary side effect and once your face gets used to the new balance it will adjust.

There are a lot of people out there that do not use soap to wash their bodies nor do they use deodorant and they do not have an odor. Your body adjusts to different chemicals and different environments all the time. Things affect people differently.

You are asking questions that nobody can answer for you. I'm with NJacobs, if you want to use the Acne Cure use it because it seems to work for some people. If you change it then you are never going to know the results. What does it matter if your acne looks worse? It is still acne.

Pam

Scotty,

Since you only leave the salicylic acid on your skin for like 2-3 minutes tops on this plan, I doubt it will irratate your skin. I have been on the cure for 5 days now and I haven't had any overdrying at all. In fact, the cure has been the most gentle regimen I have done. And I have really sensitive skin. Even dan's cure was too harsh for me. Plus, you are mixing bp with water on this regimen and only using it one time a day; this makes the plan much more easy on sensitive skin.