Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
mattimeo

Neutrogena "Acne Mark Fading Peel"???

yeha, i used it and it worked well but it smelled terrible! it's made of mushroom extract, after all. use it every night or every other night continuously for best results. maybe even in conjunction with a hydroquinine fade cream.

yeha, i used it and it worked well but it smelled terrible! it's made of mushroom extract, after all. use it every night or every other night continuously for best results. maybe even in conjunction with a hydroquinine fade cream.

i dont really mind/notice a smell so i guess thats good

but are you sure about EVERY NIGHT/EVERY OTHER NIGHT???

the directions say 2-3 times a week.....oh wait i guess thats every other night maybe...kinda...

but still

im not too sure of over-using something like a fading peel...

I've been using it for about 2 months now.. it has helped a little with my red marks but not so much.. it actually seems to help reduce breakouts for me though..

I don't notice any difference from that stuff. I think by the time it fades your red marks they would've faded on their own naturally.

I have been acne free for sometime now but just after i quit getting new acne I was left with redmarks. I tried acnefree university medicals acne fading cream/moisturizer. It is amazing I am still using it a bit. I am going to butcher the active ingredients name but its something like hydroquine? It says that its actually a skin bleacher. Scary but it worked.

I just started using the Nuetrogena stuff.. we'll see how it works. And wow does that crap smell badd! :[ After 3 minutes i get used to it though...

:[

anyone here have personal experience using Neutrogena "Acne Mark Fading Peel"???

didn't do much for me excpet made my skin really smooth.

thanks for the replies all

doesnt sound too promising after all i guess.......

but to everyone who used it before or is currently using it,

how often do you use it?

for example,

let's say in a week starting sunday and ending saturday...which days would you use it?

currently im letting 3 whole days pass in between the times I use it...

do you just spot treat with the stuff? and does it give you lighter blotches on your skin?

i used it all over, i was scared of being blotchy. didnt seem to make me pale, either.

*BUMP*

wanna repeat my question to anyone who has used this before or is using it currently,

how often do you use it?

for example,

let's say in a week starting sunday and ending saturday...which days would you use it?

currently im letting 3 whole days pass in between the times I use it...

i need some recommendations/suggestions

On a side note I've been spot treating my red marks with neosporin cream and they are literally gone now and I've only been doing it for a couple days. It worked a lot better than the acne mark fading peel. I'd give it a try.

I actually used it today, im on my 2nd week.

I use it Every.. Wednesday, Saturday, Monday.

That's my Cycle.

3x a week, about 2 days apart except from W-S

i didnt like it i thought it was pointless .. it didnt do anything i do recall it beign very expensive too .... anywaysif ur works for u great but not for me ... not to mention is smelled really bad lol

if u wanna try this, i think using scotch tape is the same shit... search for: tape exfoliation thread.

right now i do scotch tape exfoliation/brush exfoliation, and neosporin cream...i think my skin is improving.

Guest PokaHotAz

i use it everyday 2x a day... this is the only way ive seen real improvement ..

i use it right b4 doing the regimen ...sometimes it gets to a point(maybe after 3-4 days of applying it twice aday) to where i apply it to the spots...and it tingles quite alot... and i do mean alot... anyway... whenever i feel this i leave it on my face till it basically peels itself out (like 40 mins) then get my tweezers peel each one off (i just spot treat)

then i go to my aloe plant, cut a piece off ... apply the yellow sappy substance from the plant... the yellow stuff that oozes out when the plant is cut ... i apply it to each mark... then gut the lil piece of aloe.. and i apply the gel all over.

let this sit for an hour ...rinse w/ cold water ...rinse alot till my face is no longer slimey from the aloe gel

pat dry , wait 15 mins. n do the regimen

by morning, every spot will have developed a slight scab everywhere i applied the yellow sap to... in a bout 2 days those marks become lighter

now im not saying that ya'll should do this... im just sharing my experience w/ the acne mark fading peel

i dont recommend ya'll to do this unless u dont have to be out, or go to work then next day etc. cuz u will look horrible... with ugly marks on ur face.. they peel off but they still look horrible

the funny thing is that ur face feels fine.. not irritation whatsoever, but u may look like u got 1st degree burns on ur face.

anyway this is working out great for me. Just thought id share it with u guys

the way i see it is.. the neutrogena peel helps exfoliate ur skin ...and using it so much n at the consistency that its being used ur skin just cant exfoliate much more...

so using the aloe (which is known for healing irritation) heals it up, hence the dark color and the peeling that follows

maybe i dont know what im talking about ...but thats my lil experience :P

anyway, ...like i said this has been working for me ...

ciao

I use this every other night before I wash my face and it works well. It's not an overnight miracle but it helps fade red marks faster than time alone.