Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
christoph

Eventually end or you have to make it end?

I started to get mild acne when i was about a sophmore. It wasn't to bad but sometimes got a little bad. I'm a senior now, I now have facial hair on certain spots on my face and i never get acne there. Am i just finishing up puberty and it will be gone soon or should i go to a dermatologist.

I have had little red bums on the sides of both of my arms for a long time, and sometimes they turn into pimples sometimes. I also have acne on my back and shoulders. I use St. Ives Daily Pore Cleanser at night, and Clearasil Acne Control at night. I use the clearasil on my shoulders, back and arms, it kind of works but not completely. I'm extremely annoyed about this acne BS and that i am embarrassed to take of my shirt to swim, with my girlfriend in bed and such. It sucks. What should i do. I was in florida just recently and swam and stuff alot and everything cleared up when i was there a lot and hasnt been real bad since then but its starting up again.

And one more thing..My cheeks have been rosy red since i was in 7th grade. They get really red when i do any physical activity..anything to get rid of this or is it just like that?

Wow, you sound a lot like me. I have acne on face/shoulders/back, always red cheeks that get ultra red if I'm hot or do physical activity. I also have those annoying red bumps (called Keratosis Pilaris) all the way down both of my arms. Sadly, I don't have any advice for anything but the acne, in which I recommend the regimen this site is built for.

Wow, you sound a lot like me. I have acne on face/shoulders/back, always red cheeks that get ultra red if I'm hot or do physical activity. I also have those annoying red bumps (called Keratosis Pilaris) all the way down both of my arms. Sadly, I don't have any advice for anything but the acne, in which I recommend the regimen this site is built for.

well what the f

I was in florida just recently and swam and stuff alot and everything cleared up when i was there a lot and hasnt been real bad since then but its starting up again.

Did you spend a lot of time out in the sun while you were in Florida? A long time ago I noticed that my acne always cleared up when I went on vacation. I thought maybe the water was easier on my skin or something. Years later, for one reason or another I decided to go tanning. I soon found that the more I went tanning, the less acne I had. Regular tanning actually kept my skin absolutely 100% clear. You can always try it and see how it works for you. My advice is get an unlimited monthly and just go often. Just pretend you live in FL and you are getting that same amount of sun every day ;) .

Should you go to a derm? Is your acne going to clear up tomorrow? Nobody can answer those questions for you. I can tell you that I went to two different dermatologists, and I was not pleased with the results from either one. I have good health insurance and I could go to a derm and have it all covered, but instead I use the regimen and go tanning regularly because that is what has worked better for me.

yes definitiely it is the sun clearing you up. In the summer, I get completely clear because I live in sunny socal and go to the beach every day. I think the salt water also may help. Then, in the winter I start to break out again. But yeah tanning seems liike a good plan.

I started to get mild acne when i was about a sophmore. It wasn't to bad but sometimes got a little bad. I'm a senior now, I now have facial hair on certain spots on my face and i never get acne there. Am i just finishing up puberty and it will be gone soon or should i go to a dermatologist.

I have had little red bums on the sides of both of my arms for a long time, and sometimes they turn into pimples sometimes. I also have acne on my back and shoulders. I use St. Ives Daily Pore Cleanser at night, and Clearasil Acne Control at night. I use the clearasil on my shoulders, back and arms, it kind of works but not completely. I'm extremely annoyed about this acne BS and that i am embarrassed to take of my shirt to swim, with my girlfriend in bed and such. It sucks. What should i do. I was in florida just recently and swam and stuff alot and everything cleared up when i was there a lot and hasnt been real bad since then but its starting up again.

And one more thing..My cheeks have been rosy red since i was in 7th grade. They get really red when i do any physical activity..anything to get rid of this or is it just like that?

Were you swimming the ocean? Salt water has healing properties. Also, as some others have mentioned, sun exposure can help, BUT I would strongly caution against getting into the cycle of going to tanning beds. Excessive sun exposure DEFINITELY causes wrinkles as you age, not to mention skin cancer. If the acne really bothers you, I would recommend either going to a dermatologist, and trying Dan's Regimen, which a lot of people have had success with.

As far as the red cheeks, this may be rosacea? Here is a forum where you can ask questions about rosacea, flushing, and redness: http://www.esfbchannel.com/forum/index.html

I live in FL, but haven't been to the beach in years. Maybe I should try it. Being a tourist helps acne, I guess. Actually, I laid out (in my driveway) twice last week, only for about 30-60 minutes at a time, but I did get burnt and now tan and it did dry up my acne nicely. I plan on making it a regular weekly thing, hopefully eventually bumping it up to longer durations in the sun, but it's kinda sketch since I got IPL done and later that day got so much pain on my face just from checking the mail.

As for the redness, there is a condition called rosacea, but whether you get a diagnosis or not there is something called IPL or intense pulsed light, where basically your capillaries in your face are lasered, and it reputedly evens out your complexion. I got mine crossed with photodynamic, which is more intense and hopefully means less treatments, but is also harsher on your skin. I got it done last Friday but you can see improvements up to a month afterwards, I think.

You've only been getting acne two years? I dunno how the whole puberty thing works exactly, but I've had it going on 7 years, and I'm only 17 so I'm giving it several more to grow out, before I give up hoping for the growing out thing. You always hear of people growing out of acne, but I know people with moderate to severe acne and now that I think about it, some of them are 20~ now, and last I seen em were still getting it.

At any rate, I wouldn't worry too much since I don't think any of the people who "grow out of acne" do it before they are Seniors in Highschool... more like Seniors in College. But just because you may grow out of it yet doesn't mean you shouldn't go to a derm, helping the acne now means less chance of scars later on.