Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Dingo Jellybean

Is the CSR Gel like proactiv?

I know it has no fragrances, but if it's like proactiv I will consider buying it. The BP Gel made my skin a bit pink, while the proactiv does not. Hopefully this 2nd generation BP Gel will help. Anyone with advice?

It's not like proactiv because proactiv is a wash and pretty useless in my opinion.

Dans CSR gel stays on your skin, and therefore much more effective, it will make your skin pink/red for the first few weeks, but that will wear off.

Dan's new batch of gel seems to be much less irritating, users seem to love it.

I know it has no fragrances, but if it's like proactiv I will consider buying it. The BP Gel made my skin a bit pink, while the proactiv does not. Hopefully this 2nd generation BP Gel will help. Anyone with advice?

Dan's Clearskin Regimen Gel is 2.5% benzoyl peroxide, like the Proactiv Repairing lotion, if that is what you are referring to. And yes, it is fragrance free, unlike Proactiv which has a strong fragrance.

The newest BP gel is getting rave reviews, and no complaints of redness. :D

I have tried Proactiv Repairing Lotion, Neutrogena on the Spot, and Dan's BP Gel. I would say that Proactiv is similar to Dan's BP Gel, in the way that it soaks into the skin. But much better because NO SMELL.

Dans BP Gel is the bomb no redness at all and it soaks in well and there is no smell

i love it :D

Thanks. Yeah, I meant the repairing lotion, the other two products are crap IMO.

But I just ordered a bottle, so we'll see. I hate going on eBay and paying $15+$5 shipping for a bottle half the size when I can get a 4oz bottle for $12. That's like, almost 4x cheaper.

But I heard about Dan making a moisturizer for acne prone people...which should help. But thankfully I just use a sunscreen. Although at night I do use vaseline petroleum. People say that's a no no for acne, but it has never cause me pimples and I don't have to worry about lotion during the day.

Proactiv's lotion as well as their other products wreak of perfume! I personally feel safer using fragrance-free products on my face! Plus, perfume isn't meant to be used on your face, just on your body! I also see where some of the people who are on the CSR do use products with fragrance added to them. Isn't that a NO-NO in trying to clear up your skin? Synthetic fragrance in products is one of the most allergy causing ingredients out there today! Dan is clearly against using fragrance(parfum) in the products that he makes or even uses. On another note, the "newest" BP gel(the one that I presently use) is absolutely awesome for my sensitive acne prone skin! And I will keep purchasing it as long as Dan keeps making it!

I just got my CSR Gel a few days ago, it works pretty well...better than proactiv.

While in terms of reducing pimples, it is just as effective as proactiv, one of the ingredients is Benzyl Alcohol...which is a anti-pruritic. I don't think proactiv has any of that. It actually reduces redness. Much better than the last BP Gel.

does anyone else besides me like the smell of proactiv because I use to love putting that stuff on just from the smell of it alone:)