Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lightersUP

Don't you envy those people...

WHO HAVE NATURALLY CLEAR SKIN?

I've had acne since I was 14 and I'm now 21, but thank goodness it's finally under control! However, I think about all the facial products I've used on my face everyday and it's just overwhelming. I have friends who have extremely simple skincare routines, and their faces look great! I on the other hand have to sift through hundreds of cleansers, moisturizers, medications just to get the same results.. blah!

Sometimes I want to reduce my skincare regimen to the minimum, like a facial bar, but I'm so scared to leave my comfort zone. Once you experience having acne, and clear up from it, you NEVER WANT TO GO BACK. That is what keeps me piling on this benzoyl peroxide, but if it works I guess I can't complain.. It's just unfair that some people do nothing for their clear skin and yet we have chemical warfare on our faces all day everyday. :confused:

I've had acne since I was 14 and I'm now 21, but thank goodness it's finally under control! However, I think about all the facial products I've used on my face everyday and it's just overwhelming. I have friends who have extremely simple skincare routines, and their faces look great! I on the other hand have to sift through hundreds of cleansers, moisturizers, medications just to get the same results.. blah!

Sometimes I want to reduce my skincare regimen to the minimum, like a facial bar, but I'm so scared to leave my comfort zone. Once you experience having acne, and clear up from it, you NEVER WANT TO GO BACK. That is what keeps me piling on this benzoyl peroxide, but if it works I guess I can't complain.. It's just unfair that some people do nothing for their clear skin and yet we have chemical warfare on our faces all day everyday. :confused:

True, it's not fair at all,but we can't all have clear skin can we? Think of how burn victims feel, they probably say:"think of how great those acne sufferers have it, they can use products on their faces everyday and maintain it, while we are stuck like this everyday with no hope. they're just so lucky".

Btw, congrats on getting the acne gone,it gets alot better from now on :P

yep, but i get sad when i think of it, so i dont think of other ppl

Nice strategy, don't think about other people, and the envy will not come. It's all a mind game that is easilly avoidable with some training. I used to think about having clear skin all the time, then I trained myself not to focus on skin, since then it's been alot easier to get along in life. It's not our fault we have imperfections, so why act like it is? Anyone who tells you otherwise does not deserve our attention... It doesn't have to be a burden that we can't carry, only if we let it. Trust me, i've been there before and was there way too long.

i look at some people who arent that attractive but have perfect skin and think "what a waste of perfect skin". why not just give them bad skin too and i'll take the good skin.

also, keep in mind, its only skin. you have natural assets that others envy. everyone has their own assets.

Guest Tenshi

..i remember everytime those clear skinned friends would reply and say, well u use too many cleansers and masks and shit on your face..just use 1 thing and a moisturiser..lol..everytime... "thats why ur skin is breaking out" "because u overdo it"... like they had a clue.. :rolleyes:

Perhaps people envy you for other qualities or things about you. No one is perfect, and I wouldn't want to be perfect.

Yeah some people just have flawlessly beatiful skin and I cant help but wonder how I would feel just for a day with my skin looking like that!

And then theres thoes people who have like glowing skin! Man so unfair my skin's look unclear for soo meany years, actually I cant even remember it Clear!

Ive thought about this before and I always say if I had 3 wishes 1 of them would be for clear skin (including no frekles or moles) but then I was thinking I might look like a freak of nature lol! Like ive been photoshopped to death!

i look at some people who arent that attractive but have perfect skin and think "what a waste of perfect skin."

exactly :rolleyes:

Guest Tenshi

i look at some people who arent that attractive but have perfect skin and think "what a waste of perfect skin."

exactly :rolleyes:

i think ppl with skin conditions lose sight of the fact its what inside that counts..when u have acne, u get so wrapped up in self image u forget what a real human is supposed to be like..if anything, i got jealous of a clear skinned person , unattractive or not, because it wasn't even a factor in their life.. they could just wake up in the morning and not care about their skin and leave the house in 10 minutes, no makeup, no obsessing about their face....then again, im sure they have other things they worry about too..