Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

First of all, i hope im not beating a dead horse here. How many people here here notice that If they smoke pot they also get an increase in their acne? Personally, I have been a every other day/every day at night kinda smoker, with mild/mod acne. Well, I have been working out and have not smoked in 4 days, and have only had 1 new pimple so far! Either CSR is kicking in now, or the absence of marijuana in my system(new intake that is, i know its in my fat cells still) is clearing my face. What do you guys think? Yes, i know marijuana is illegal, but millions of people do this, and im sure lots of people on the forum do as well, this may be benifical to cut back a bit.

paul

edit: i was just thinking, im sure not every one here has smoked pot before, but i notice when I do, the obvious red eyes is a symptom, but this is coupled with the blood vessels in my face contracting one way or the other( would assume the vessels are being streched since their is an increase in blood flow through the hypothalamus( another reason why time slows down, this is the time keeper i believe), and this must irriate pimple casuing pores or something, maybe im full of shit here.

YEA MAN MARLEY FEST WAS A WHILE AGO BUT IM WITH U ON THIS BOAT IVE BEEN SMOKING FOR THE LONGEST AND NOTICED AN INCREASE IN ACNE AND IVE ALSO NOTICED TAHT IT MAKES THE MARKS OF ACNE LOOK REALLY OBVIOUS TOO LIKE THEY STAND OUT MORE SO IVE STOPED SMOKING FOR ABOUT.... 3 WEEKS NOW AND I GUESS IM SEEING AN IMPROVMENT BUT YEA :[

YEA MAN MARLEY FEST WAS A WHILE AGO BUT IM WITH U ON THIS BOAT IVE BEEN SMOKING FOR THE LONGEST AND NOTICED AN INCREASE IN ACNE AND IVE ALSO NOTICED TAHT IT MAKES THE MARKS OF ACNE LOOK REALLY OBVIOUS TOO LIKE THEY STAND OUT MORE SO IVE STOPED SMOKING FOR ABOUT.... 3 WEEKS NOW AND I GUESS IM SEEING AN IMPROVMENT BUT YEA :[

Cool dude, are u on CSR as well?

I think you're grasping a straws. The only thing I can think of that might correlate pot with acne is that when you smoke, you're putting a strain on your immune system, which could possibly make it harder for your natural antibodies to kill the p. acnes. However, this would mean that people smoking regular cigarettes would have worse acne, as well.

Also, my boyfriend smoked pot all through high school and had perfectly clear skin. He only started getting mild acne after he quit. If you want to go by his case, it actually helps. :lol: However, like I said, I doubt there's any correlation at all.

I think you're grasping a straws. The only thing I can think of that might correlate pot with acne is that when you smoke, you're putting a strain on your immune system, which could possibly make it harder for your natural antibodies to kill the p. acnes. However, this would mean that people smoking regular cigarettes would have worse acne, as well.

Also, my boyfriend smoked pot all through high school and had perfectly clear skin. He only started getting mild acne after he quit. If you want to go by his case, it actually helps. :lol: However, like I said, I doubt there's any correlation at all.

Thats cool that it apparantly helped your bf, but not everyone has the same body chemistry. But, surely pot cant help fight acne. just as diet plays a role in acne(from personal experience), i would think pot would to. On the otherhand, i have notice no correlation with cig smoke( this is a completley different chemical though!).

No correlation between pot and acne. I know some huge potheads who had perfect skin. Everyone has the potential to get a pimple. If it aggrivated a person who had acne normally, you would at least see a trend with other people experiencing some minor breakout. When I smoked before the regimen, I had horrible acne. When I smoked while on the regimen, no acne.

No correlation between pot and acne. I know some huge potheads who had perfect skin. Everyone has the potential to get a pimple. If it aggrivated a person who had acne normally, you would at least see a trend with other people experiencing some minor breakout. When I smoked before the regimen, I had horrible acne. When I smoked while on the regimen, no acne.

well huh, i guess the only thing I can think of then would be an indirect relationship between the two( more junk food when ure stoned off your ass, rubing your face, dehydration maybe, i dont know, depression(ya that one is a strech)).

Some of my friends have talked about this problem before... But with drugs in general. This one time my friend showed me a picture of this girl on Myspace and she was hot. A few days later I was introduced to her and she had acne all over her face. :confused: I asked my friend what happened to her and my friend told me that she started doing drugs (I forgot what kind...) and that it probably threw her system out of balance? Something like that... Anyway I'm just saying that drugs can disrupt hormonal balance in your system, and acne can be attributed to hormones. A classic example is when girls get their monthly period + breakout.

I used to smoke alot of weed and I thought that it caused this nasty breakout that I had. But then I cleared up and was still smoking weed. If anything, it depends on the individual, but drugs CAN have an impact on acne.

WELL WHENEVER I SMOKED USUALLY THE SMOKE OR SOMETHIN MITE CLOG MY PORES MAYBE IONO BUT I USUALLY GET THEM UPPER LIP OR CHIN AREA U KNO

i smoked bud throughout highschool and i mean everyday. I had to stop and since then ive been struggling with skin problems. i think its because weed releases stress. Other than that i dont know.Good talk!

I've smoked every day for the last few years except for once when I was curious if it made my acne worse so I stopped for like a month and it didn't get any better, plus I was bored as fuck all the time and so bummed about my acne so since then I just keep smokin and with the regimen I'm completely clear finally, used to get like 10-15 zits a week.

Whenever I smoke I my face gets red like hell from the increased blood flow I guesss and whatever pimples I do have puff up and become very visible. It's freaky when I stare at myself in the mirror sometimes because I hardly recognize myself. It affects my skin terribly, now I'm sure there are many people out there that have clear skin and smoke but everyone reacts differently. When I'm smoking I can actually FEEL my acne getting worse. It's a direct corellation for me. Anyway all this talk of weed is making me feel like buying a few grams.

Some of my friends have talked about this problem before... But with drugs in general. This one time my friend showed me a picture of this girl on Myspace and she was hot. A few days later I was introduced to her and she had acne all over her face. :confused: I asked my friend what happened to her and my friend told me that she started doing drugs (I forgot what kind...) and that it probably threw her system out of balance?

Hahaha, your problem was trusting a picture on Myspace. Do you realize how Photoshopped those are? Flash photographs camouflage acne quite a bit as it is, and when you add in the ability to change brightness, contrast, blur red spots...anyone can look like they have perfect skin. I've NEVER seen a photo on Myspace, facebook etc. where someone had obviously bad skin. Look at other posters here on acne.org who have Myspace accounts and galleries: their skin obviously has acne on it in the gallery pics (no flash, closeup, no retouching), but on Myspace, they look perfectly clear.

hey guys, I think this topic may be better in the Emo forum instead of the CSR forum. I'll go ahead and move it for now, but don't hesitate to let me know if there are any problems. thx :)

I recently started smoking weed again, after quitting for almost a year. For me, there definately is a correlation. The smoke will affect your immune system (kills the good bacteria), and it puts a strain on your liver (which is responsible for many functions like regulating hormones). I'm sure there are a million other ways it can harm your body, but everyone is different. Unfortunenately, you might among the few that need to quit, or do it in moderation, for you skin clear. I know, it sucks. I rely on marijuana for a lot of reasons - not just recreational use - but for concentration on school work. Hopefully someday we'll be able to do whatever we want without worrying what is going to pop up next.

I used to sell and smoke bud all through highschool and up to maybe 5 months ago. I mean we were smoking at least an ounce a week. I used to take breaks for months at a time and I'd still break out. I haven't smoked in months and I'm breaking out again. The only time I might have seen a correlation was when we would hotbox a rediculous amount of bud. Maybe the junk you eat with the munchies might effect your acne but I don't know about the bud itself. Bud is a beautiful thing lol. I wish I could still smoke it.

i think marijuana can cause acne in females but for some reason not males, its something to do with hormone levels...but yeah im not a scientist so...

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I have never noticed a change in my skin from smoking pot...

Denial is one of the saddest side-effects of Marijuana use.

Guest Grow_To_Overthrow

I have never noticed a change in my skin from smoking pot...

Denial is one of the saddest side-effects of Marijuana use.

Uhhhh.....what?

Heh, uhhhh....what. Heh?

As an occasional smoker of the doob, I've never noticed any effects on my skin. The only thing I can even think of is that when I'm really stoned, I'm more careless about washing my face and applying the BP gel, so there's more potential for a breakout.

WHOA, you smoke herb??? I would have never guessed it. You seem so innocent!!! :angel:

man having alot of asian friends, they are one of the craziest mofos alive. this guy i could tell smokes because he has the black tinted look when i look at him. plus, you meed to get the stereotyping shit out of your system . i would have thought you were a "teachers pet" if i didnt know you. but then again i dont really know you.